Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 12:21 PM

158 posts, read 304,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveIsOnTheWay View Post
Thank you so much for posting those beautiful pictures!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 12:34 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,272,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
Just taken yesterday afternoon.
It's a nice looking building. Keep in mind that right across the street is a popular rooftop bar which has been in operation for a decade. If you choose to move in you'll need to realize there may be noise from time to time if you happen to face that side.

I mention this because a lot of new people have moved into new buildings in the neighborhood and immediately try to shut down any long term business around them that wouldn't fit into a Disney theme park. I feel like when you move into a neighborhood you've got to accept its character. That's all.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:00 PM

56 posts, read 129,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...8th-street.pdf

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any one who applied for the above development has heard anything. I am aware they are currently in the tenant selection process, so if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. These are one of the few developments that my family qualifies for because of composition and income so we hope we get picked for one of these because we're bursting out the seams where we currently are.

Thanks in advanced.

i applied, currenlty in review they assigned an apt

Old 06-17-2014, 01:02 PM

19 posts, read 46,457 times
Just a question, after they let you see the apartment, how long is it before they call you too sign the lease?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya813r View Post
Just a question, after they let you see the apartment, how long is it before they call you too sign the lease?

i am currenlty in tf cornerstone 37th st apt, after i saw the apartment, whenever you have the rent and security you can move in

Old 06-17-2014, 02:37 PM

okay let me explain my situation, i applied 10/10/13, i got the pre qualifcation ppwk request, in march. after i faxed the documents, i got the interview letter in april, went to the appt provided the ppwk need 2 year taxed checking -saving info, 6 mths rent/paycheck stub, uitlity bill, id-passport/ssi card. they checked my income, told me what bracket i fell into, she asked why i want to move, i live in the tf cornerstone bldg on 37th, informed her i needed more space. she sent me home, and stated they will review, and get back to me. I got the call monday, to come in to sign the final ppwk, and what my rent & apt # is. I did that today, she told me they will call for me to see the apartment, after the final review..

Old 06-17-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisis View Post
okay let me explain my situation, i applied 10/10/13, i got the pre qualifcation ppwk request, in march. after i faxed the documents, i got the interview letter in april, went to the appt provided the ppwk need 2 year taxed checking -saving info, 6 mths rent/paycheck stub, uitlity bill, id-passport/ssi card. they checked my income, told me what bracket i fell into, she asked why i want to move, i live in the tf cornerstone bldg on 37th, informed her i needed more space. she sent me home, and stated they will review, and get back to me. I got the call monday, to come in to sign the final ppwk, and what my rent & apt # is. I did that today, she told me they will call for me to see the apartment, after the final review..
Thanks for the detailed explanation; Have you been approved by the city yet or is that what you signed for today?

Also did they give you any idea about how soon the final interview would be?

Old 06-17-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYork View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation; Have you been approved by the city yet or is that what you signed for today?

Also did they give you any idea about how soon the final interview would be?
4 Years ago for the apt i currently live in the called the next week. i assume i would not of gotten so far it there is something missing/disqualifies me. because she stated to keep the copy of the money order, if i did not get approved, and that was in the earlier days. i already know my assigned apartment # and the rent cost. So i am just waiting

Old 06-20-2014, 05:43 AM

Also signed paperwork for city approval and now waiting as well. From what I've read in other threads this step could take between 5-15 business days and rejection was rare so we'll see.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:04 AM

19 posts, read 29,375 times

lol!! I'm in the same boat as OldYork.

Wishing everyone so much love and luck!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery