Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 02:58 PM

62 posts, read 140,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJayn View Post
Elogan, it would be unconscionable if you and Mumze and others who have made it to this stage were to not get an apartment. Not after what you've been put through.

Hopefully that won't happen. Decisions are still being made and the process is not over.

Come on Related, be ethical! Follow through with the applicants you've led down this path and whose lives you've overturned.

Thanks TJayn for that. I certainly hope so!

I would love to hear from anyone that's talked to Related!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 03:58 PM

24 posts, read 53,338 times
The last I heard from Related, we had to talk to the building manager at 529 who is now working on our files. I left her a message last Friday and have yet to hear back...will try her back soon.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM

I updated my financials. Wish me luck.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Where did you do that? At the 529 building or at Related? I called the manager at 529 yesterday and left a second message since she never responded to my first...did you get any new info?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 9,883 times
So do they take your net income into consideration? As a 2 person family potentially up for a 2 bedroom our gross takes us a teeny bit over the 41,000 or whatever but with net (expenses, etc), we are well under. Finishing financials this evening but freaking out because I noticed this do to a TV role I shot. Have been keeping records and hoping for the last 1.5 years. Literally sobbing on the street today this whole process is so stressful. We also saw the last 2 bedroom in the building back in July. ugh, venting, ugh hoping...

Old 11-06-2014, 02:16 PM

I'm a two-person family as well (me and my child), I was told the income limit is just over $40grand. And I believe that's gross. I found that out because when I went back in to update my financials, there's something I receive that I automatically get money deducted from and was told they'd count what was deducted as well, which significantly raises my income up but fortunately I still qualify, still well under the 40grand.
Your deductions only help when it comes to the amount of rent you'd end up paying. For example, I would get medical and childcare deductions.

Rgoz, I went to the building to update my records. I was told everything looked good and it was a matter of everything processing which will take a few days.

I found out that the building is only at 50% right now, meaning only 1/2 of it is occupied. So they still have a lot to do. She said it is just taking a lot of time because of updating everyone's financials and because they have HUD and other requirements of the process to fulfill. So hopefully she'll get to you soon! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 11-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Hopefully, I'll at least get a call back sometime soon....so I have some idea of whats going on. I'm up for a studio, but haven't been called in to update my financials. I wish they would communicate better.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoz View Post
Hopefully, I'll at least get a call back sometime soon....so I have some idea of whats going on. I'm up for a studio, but haven't been called in to update my financials. I wish they would communicate better.
I couldn't agree with you more. It's difficult to be in the dark, and truly unfair to put people in a position to wait and be in financial stress not knowing. Like I said before, if you know you are getting your place (as long as you financially qualify still) it's not as bad to wait, you'll get your place in the end. BUT waiting and then not getting it is F***ED.

It's been hard to think about anything, to focus because there's so much up in the air right now. If I don't get in, I'll be in a crazy-bad situation.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:34 AM

Well I'm going in to Update my financials on Monday, although I'm going into my coordinator at the Related offices, not the 529 building. Odd because she had told me all of our files had been moved to the 529 building...what is going on?!

Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM

The building is only 50% full. Hopefully it'll work out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery