Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 06:14 AM

5 posts, read 9,883 times

Advertisements

We also went to the same place as we have each time in the past to update financials though when I had checked in I was told our file was at the building.... Who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 08:25 PM

14 posts, read 28,621 times
I'm curious. Is there anybody out there who has moved in already or know of someone who did? If so, what's it like in terms of the vibe, friendliness/unfriendliness of tenants in building, noise/vibration/pollution levels from the construction, transportation, access to grocery stores and other stores, etc.?

Old 11-11-2014, 06:36 PM

6 posts, read 10,800 times
Hello everyone. We just wanted to let you know that our prayers were answered and our family signed a lease and we are moving in! Everyone at 529 was EXTREMELY nice, welcoming, and warm. We just wanted to remind everyone here not to give up hope. We know first hand that the wait and not knowing are excruciating...but miracles DO happen Good luck, everyone. We will be praying for you all to get in too. We have faith it will happen for you all. Thank you for everyone who posted information throughout the year. It always helped to see others out there enduring the wait too.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:24 AM

36 posts, read 85,765 times
Congrats! Here's to a pain free move in process for you!

Old 11-14-2014, 12:05 AM

5 posts, read 13,286 times
We got "The Call" last night at 8 pm, a week after our final financial update. They are working really hard to get everyone in by Thanksgiving, and there are multiple case workers working on different files. Perhaps that's why some meetings take place at 529 West 29th and some at the other Related Office on 30th Street.

Have faith guys! If you have been shown an apartment, and your income has not gone over the maximum, chances are you are moving soon. Very soon! We are so excited to sign the lease next Tuesday for our two-bedroom. See you all at the party!
I am sure it will be a fun party, what with all of us dancing, singing, and playing our various musical instruments. :-)

Old 11-14-2014, 10:58 AM

62 posts, read 140,671 times
We're up for a 2 bedroom as well. Updated our financials 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything. I know I still qualify and so I'm wondering why we haven't gotten a lease yet!

Old 11-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elogan135 View Post
UN****ING Believable! They called me today to update my financials...This after I took an apartment in Hackensack, NJ to be closer to my friend who died this morning from cancer! I moved in on Sunday paid for a u-haul, a month & half deposit & first months rent to get in here. Worked Monday, Tues & Weds on set where I had to wake up at 3:00 am because this place is so far from the city. I woke today with the intention of going to the hospital to see my dear friend only to be called by his brother to give me the horrible news of his death...I am exhausted over all of this! Related could have simply told me last week they would call me and I could have stayed a week longer in the hotel! This should be against the law for them to leave people in the dark like this! This is completely unacceptable...

Are you going to update your financials?

Old 11-14-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo88 View Post
We got "The Call" last night at 8 pm, a week after our final financial update. They are working really hard to get everyone in by Thanksgiving, and there are multiple case workers working on different files. Perhaps that's why some meetings take place at 529 West 29th and some at the other Related Office on 30th Street.

Have faith guys! If you have been shown an apartment, and your income has not gone over the maximum, chances are you are moving soon. Very soon! We are so excited to sign the lease next Tuesday for our two-bedroom. See you all at the party!
I am sure it will be a fun party, what with all of us dancing, singing, and playing our various musical instruments. :-)

LooLoo --

Can you tell us what log number range you're in and any info that might be useful?

Old 11-14-2014, 12:52 PM

5 posts, read 9,883 times
Nothing goes in order of log number, FYI- that means absolutely nothing. Our case worker explained to us that files are broken up according to preferences (which I assume is categories like performers, low income, family size, etc.)

Old 11-14-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elogan135 View Post
I went and updated my financials today. Apparently my settlement award from my former employer does not qualify as income even though they put a portion of it on my 2014 W-2. The reason being, the income was earned in 2005. So I still qualify for this building. So I expect I will be offered a lease. Again I really wished they would have told me they would call me last Friday or I WOULDN'T HAVE SIGNED A YEAR LEASE WITH THIS APARTMENT IN NJ!!! NOW I HAVE TO BREAK THE LEASE AND WILL ULTIMATELY LOSE MY $2450 DEPOSIT AND THE MONEY I SPENT ON A U-HAUL TRUCK!!! THANKS RELATED HOUSING!

Ugh! That really sucks.
I just called to see where I'm at and was given nothing. There's been different information shared on here about how they're going about giving leases. Someone says they were told it was by application order, another said it was based on how low-income you are (the lowest being given apartments first)...

I was told there were many factors which basically tells me nothing. As a single-income, single-mother who qualifies as an actor person in the pretty low-income range the last couple of years, I feel like I'm probably one of those people who they could get to sooner rather than later. AND when they ask for my docs I have everything for them almost instantly, I've been patient and nice, try not to OVER check in, but now at this point -- We're in MID NOVEMBER -- I'm more anxious than ever and I've called a couple times this week, which makes me feel like a psycho. At least tell me something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery