Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,631 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm log number 5xx for 1646 Parker in the Bronx. Applications closed in May and it is still listed as "Tenant Selection in Progress", but I haven't heard a thing. Is that normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 09:26 AM

14 posts, read 31,000 times
log number is 9,xxx for the Frederick. I am a recently employed municipal workers and got a slight raise after of month of working. At the time that i applied i fell into the income bracket and i still do at 50% medium income with my new raise. Will this effect my application? it says tenant selection in progress....

Old 10-07-2019, 09:48 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnegron88 View Post
log number is 9,xxx for the Frederick. I am a recently employed municipal workers and got a slight raise after of month of working. At the time that i applied i fell into the income bracket and i still do at 50% medium income with my new raise. Will this effect my application? it says tenant selection in progress....
If you still fall into the income bracket, you have nothing to worry about. You can also fall into a different income bracket, and if the building lists that bracket also, you will be offered an apartment at that rate.

That’s why it can be helpful if a building has mixed income, as this one does.

This lottery just closed in September, so I’m not surprised you haven’t heard yet. Give it another couple of weeks. Also, it’s great you have municipal employee preference, but that is the fourth and last preference group in order. So you will have to wait for the mobility, vision and hearing, and community groups to be processed first. And the community gets 50% of the units, so it’s a large group. You’ll need to be patient, which is really hard, I know! Good luck!

Old 10-07-2019, 12:15 PM

14 posts, read 31,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
If you still fall into the income bracket, you have nothing to worry about. You can also fall into a different income bracket, and if the building lists that bracket also, you will be offered an apartment at that rate.

That’s why it can be helpful if a building has mixed income, as this one does.

This lottery just closed in September, so I’m not surprised you haven’t heard yet. Give it another couple of weeks. Also, it’s great you have municipal employee preference, but that is the fourth and last preference group in order. So you will have to wait for the mobility, vision and hearing, and community groups to be processed first. And the community gets 50% of the units, so it’s a large group. You’ll need to be patient, which is really hard, I know! Good luck!

Thanks for some clarity~ lol

Old 10-08-2019, 05:27 PM

3 posts, read 7,627 times
Red face I leave within the community Board of the property I am looking at

Hi there! I was under the understanding that community board residents get 50% priority for rentals (says it on their marketing poster) but my log number is in the 25K! does not look like a priority log number to me.
Hoping anyone could send me some positive energy and wish me luck even tho it seems I have a slim chance with such a high log number.
I currently live literally in-front of the desire property and I do meet the income requirements but I still fall behind 25 thousand of my neighbors.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:43 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1130 View Post
Hi there! I was under the understanding that community board residents get 50% priority for rentals (says it on their marketing poster) but my log number is in the 25K! does not look like a priority log number to me.
Hoping anyone could send me some positive energy and wish me luck even tho it seems I have a slim chance with such a high log number.
I currently live literally in-front of the desire property and I do meet the income requirements but I still fall behind 25 thousand of my neighbors.
You do get priority. You will be called before non-community people with lower numbers.

You do have a chance with 25K, but it would help if it were a large lottery with a good number of apartments.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:52 PM

3 posts, read 7,627 times
Default Thanks for your reply!!

🤞🏼.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:28 AM

5 posts, read 5,920 times
Hi does anyone know what closed mean on nyc housing connect but no log number

Old 10-17-2019, 10:45 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,172,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph C View Post
Hi does anyone know what closed mean on nyc housing connect but no log number
My guess is "not accepting application anymore, deadline has already passed". I believe there is short period of gap between deadline and log number being assigned. It is not that automatic to get have log number immediately after deadline. Remember, they also accept mailed application, they should allow a few business days for mailed applications to arrive(deadline should be based on postmark), and it also takes time for them to manually enter mailed applications into the system. Apparently, they do not do everything very efficiently, therefore, you just need to be patient if the deadline just passed recently.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:41 AM

264 posts, read 312,956 times
My log number for Bronx Commons is 4573. I interviewed on November 11 and was told that I was called in ahead of the general pool because I’m under the mobility disability. It’s been almost 2 months and the woman who interviewed me said that they haven’t gotten to my application yet to review my file. I had no idea that after you interview, your application is placed back in line according to your log number...thought once you were interviewed it would be looked at regardless to determine if you qualify. With such a high log number, even tho I have the mobility disability, there are only 11 units that fall under my income bracket, so I’m figuring I probably won’t get in and will end up on the waiting list. I know that I’m just 2 months into the process, but I find it better to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, lol. This entire process is far more frustrating than I thought it would be. Has anyone else interviewed for an apartment but ended up waitlisted? I’d love to hear you story. Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery