Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 11:00 AM

12 posts, read 39,702 times

Advertisements

Hi , IS IT NORMAL THAT I GOT CONTACTED, WENT TO THE INTERVIEW; SUBMITTED ALL DOCUMENTS FOR A TWO BEDROOM ON MY INCOME BRACKET AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ALL FINE FOR MY BRACKET NOW THEY REPLYED SAYING THAT I DONT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REMAINING AVAILABLE UNITS THAT THEY ONLY HAVE LEFT ON A WAY HIGHER BRACKET THAT THEY KNEW FROM THE BIGINING THAT I DONT QUILIFY FOR; WHY WOULD THEY SEND ME AN INTERVIEW AND ASK ME FOR ALL DOCUMENTS IF THEY KNEW THAT THEY DONT HAVE ANY UNITS AVAILABLE; IF ANYBODY CAN SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT, BECAUSE IM REALLY STARTING TO DOUBT THIS APARTMENT LOTTERY, THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 11:09 AM

I really thought it was the city who handles this lotteries but know i see that its a waste of time because at the end management decides who they want to give it to even though you submit all documents correctly and quilify for a unit they would just tell you that they dont have any more on your bracket and thats it ; and whatever is left you dont quilify for; what is the point of the lottery? Really dont understand at all

Old 07-05-2019, 11:29 AM

172 posts, read 151,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony t View Post
I really thought it was the city who handles this lotteries but know i see that its a waste of time because at the end management decides who they want to give it to even though you submit all documents correctly and quilify for a unit they would just tell you that they dont have any more on your bracket and thats it ; and whatever is left you dont quilify for; what is the point of the lottery? Really dont understand at all
If you have a high log number with no preference it's tough to get selected for a unit

Old 07-05-2019, 12:49 PM

But basically they selected my number and invited me to the interview and submitted all documents fine; and now they tell me everything is ok but we dont have any more unts on that bracket, then why i got selected from a lottery and ask to submit documents if im not going to get anything anyway that is why i say its waist of time and work because you have to collect big number of documents

Old 07-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
But basically they selected my number and invited me to the interview and submitted all documents fine; and now they tell me everything is ok but we dont have any more unts on that bracket, then why i got selected from a lottery and ask to submit documents if im not going to get anything anyway that is why i say its waist of time and work because you have to collect big number of documents

What's your log number?

Mines is 3XX, I went in for my interview submitted my documents and I heard from my agent within a months time to submit my pay stubs and bank statements. From there she recalculated my income and I qualify for a unit. The following week I went in to sign documents for my file to be sent off to the city and it has a unit number on it.

It also depends on the number of units they have available. For instance, the buildings have 68 units. Your number can be chosen and it could be a very high number and have 40 units. They start off with the low log numbers first until they get to the high numbers. That's the process. If you CB preference, are a municipal employee (work for the city) or have a disability you're on top of the list.

In my case I'm a general population with no preference who just so happens to have a low log number.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:30 PM

My log # is 4xx , but why would they interview me and took my documents at that time they didn’t say anything, and then just replied that they don’t have any units for my income bracket, they have one available which I quilify for, but they say it is on a higher income bracket AMi TIER 120% and I’m in the Ami tier 60%, I don’t understand this lottery at all

Old 07-06-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
My log # is 4xx , but why would they interview me and took my documents at that time they didn’t say anything, and then just replied that they don’t have any units for my income bracket, they have one available which I quilify for, but they say it is on a higher income bracket AMi TIER 120% and I’m in the Ami tier 60%, I don’t understand this lottery at all
How many units were available? Which development is this for?

Old 07-06-2019, 11:28 AM

47 posts, read 84,716 times
@Anthony t -- You might better understand the process if you read the marketing guidelines: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 07-20-2019, 01:41 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,173,486 times
There are some housing units requiring section 8 for low income senior, typically requiring at least one household member who is 62 years of age or older and meet income requirement.

My question is: if seniors(married couple: 66 yrs old & 63 yrs old) do not have section 8 but are absolutely qualified for section 8 (Only income source: Social Security retirement and Supplemental Security Income), in this case, are they qualified for applying such housing?

I mean: do they need to have Section 8 first before applying for housing lottery, or they will automatically get section 8 if they are selected for the housing lottery.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:06 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,173,486 times
Is Social Security Number required to be on application form? For some reason, I just realized that I did not fill out social security number in my profile (it must be the case that the website does not have SSN in profile before), and no social security number has been pulled into my already submitted application form.

Not sure if there a way to update already submitted application form (still open, deadline is still more than one month away)? Or does Social Security matter for application?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery