Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 10:26 PM

50 posts, read 85,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisha 11 View Post
My question is if you don't see a log number and you applied but the application is now closed does that mean all vacancies are filled? Im worried because I don't see a log number. and this lady from 311 said that means there filled.

When the slots are all filled, you should see "Lease-up completed" next to the status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,766 times
Do high log number get call too or no

Old 03-21-2019, 10:26 PM

11 posts, read 11,857 times
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the posting thus far! I currently have a log number in the 50's for an apt that looks like it should be filling over 40 apts based on my income. My only concern is that it's been almost 9 months since the application closed. I haven't received any sort of call or interview, do you think it's essentially cut off at the 10 month mark? Thanks a bunch!

Old 05-21-2019, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,130 times
Hi my mame is steve. I win the lottery with housing connect. Went for an interview. I went where the apartment is located but i really didnt like the area because of too much construction and because my daughter have special need and feel us not that safe. If i turn it down can i have a second choise. What can i do

Old 05-21-2019, 07:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellafancy11 View Post
Hi my mame is steve. I win the lottery with housing connect. Went for an interview. I went where the apartment is located but i really didnt like the area because of too much construction and because my daughter have special need and feel us not that safe. If i turn it down can i have a second choise. What can i do
Nothing, except keep applying and hope you get selected again for an area that meets your needs.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:53 AM

884 posts, read 1,371,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellafancy11 View Post
So you went for an interview but have not seen the apartment yet, correct? They should call you to view a unit if all your info passes their background checks. After viewing the unit, if you turn it down, you will not receive a second chance to see another apartment in that same development. They will note that the applicant rejected the unit offered and close your file. You can continue applying to additional lotteries that are listed on the housing connect website that you qualify for and you should keep waiting to hear back from lotteries you applied to that are now selecting applicants. So if you are in dire need of housing and really need to move, weigh your options before you decline the apartment after you've been called in to see it of course. If you're not in a rush to move, and really don't like the neighborhood, wait it out to hear from another lottery but of course there is no estimate of how long that will take (it could be years). Good luck with everything!

Old 05-22-2019, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
Hi I’m been waiting for information on my application since last year but haven’t got not even a letter on my application

Old 05-22-2019, 09:54 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claraestrella1965 View Post
Hi I’m been waiting for information on my application since last year but haven’t got not even a letter on my application
Not everyone gets a letter or hear anything at all. If you do, it's either 1. an invite to interview or 2. you were rejected for whatever reason.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 11,195 times
Has anyone seen a unit, and then been denied ?

Old 06-24-2019, 05:58 PM

494 posts, read 557,667 times
I was wondering generally, after housing lotteries finish with CB preferences, for the general population how high do they normally get to in the log numbers? Do they usually get to 5000 or 1000 or do they usually only get up to 1000? I always assumed it would be easier and quicker to go through the general population and find qualified applicants. I just want to know if I should still hope to be called with a log number of 5k and in the general population when there are only about 50 units available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery