Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 02:58 PM

994 posts, read 1,059,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
funny thing is made the brackets for all these studios and one bedroom, even 2 bedroom
but i know it's not gonna happen.
but cheer up man, we can pray and hope we get one
I'm listening to Rob Thomas - This Is How A Heart Breaks - on repeat

I really hope all the other lotteries I applied to run soon. They all still say 'closed'

Old 10-19-2017, 03:12 PM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
What's that ol' chestnut?... "...if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't..."

The minute I saw that unit, I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach like "...this is too nice to actually happen..."
C’mon guys. What’s wrong with everyone on this thread? A file being “on hold” is not a rejection! Another lottery that I am currently waiting on also had me on hold back in June and in September I received a phone call to get my docs updated cause my package is going to the city!

So chin up MuK!! Sure no one wants to wait but we’ve all been waiting anyway

Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times
I was offered a ST apartment...it was about the best apartment you could hope for out of that complex in terms of size and location, but they wanted about $2850/mo. to start. That was not happening.

Yes, everybody should just try to relax and not get drawn into a cycle of highs and lows. I know it's hard when it's not merely a lengthy silence but rather a trickle of contacts (so that you can't just push it into the back of your mind and forget about it for months), and especially when they are so inept at communications and thereby raise false hopes, but these are all lotteries. You can't make your life's plans around them. Don't torture yourselves, guys!

Old 10-19-2017, 04:34 PM

103 posts, read 100,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I have no CB preference. If you're in the 165% or especially 200% AMI bands in any lottery, you have an unusually high chance of being called. Fewer people with those incomes participate and the apartments themselves are a much less good deal, so they drop and drop through the log. Stuy Town had to run its lottery twice to fill the middle-income apartments (and I'm still not sure they've succeeded!).
This does seem to be true. We are usually over the income for a lot of the lotteries but the few we've qualified for have contacted us for interviews.

And I agree, keep your heads up everyone! Apparently our application was on pause earlier but seems like we're back in business now. I also asked for some type of timeline (if possible) and was told everything is supposed to be completed by the end of next month so at least we'll know what's going on one way or another soon enough!

Has anyone hear seen the 2/3 bedroom apartments? This place seems like it would be perfect for us pre-kids, but I'm curious if it's really enough room for a family. Most of the amenities aren't as kid friendly (other than the playroom) so I'm a bit nervous this might be a "downgrade" for them. And yes, Mannerundkatze, we live west of Broadway by the park but also lived east of Broadway for years too

Old 10-20-2017, 07:10 AM

147 posts, read 87,814 times
Has anyone hear seen the 2/3 bedroom apartments? This place seems like it would be perfect for us pre-kids, but I'm curious if it's really enough room for a family. Most of the amenities aren't as kid friendly (other than the playroom) so I'm a bit nervous this might be a "downgrade" for them. And yes, Mannerundkatze, we live west of Broadway by the park but also lived east of Broadway for years too [/quote]

Lulu we were shown a 3 bedroom. I think for NYC standards it's a comfortable layout and size for a family. We are family of 5 (two adults three kids) and we would be more than happy (if we are approved) & comfortable living there. I was so nervous and excited at the time I didn't really get any pictures that would actually help. I have a good one of the bathroom and kitchen not the bedrooms.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:50 AM

110 posts, read 88,378 times
let the waiting games continue...

Old 10-20-2017, 11:21 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,878,941 times
I just spoke to the supervisor at BG for Ashland. She said she should have an answer by next week for all the files that were submitted to HDC for approval.

I told her for five weeks, I thought my file was with HDC and it wasn't. She said it is with HDC, the goal is to have the lease up completed by the end of November.

She said they are working with HDC to confirm that yes, the files are being processed based on log numbers.

I guess we will know soon enough.

I sent her an email on Wednesday and of course she didn't answer me (can't say I'm surprised) but I asked and she confirmed that she did get the email.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:26 AM

994 posts, read 1,059,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I just spoke to the supervisor at BG for Ashland. She said she should have an answer by next week for all the files that were submitted to HDC for approval.

I told her for five weeks, I thought my file was with HDC and it wasn't. She said it is with HDC, the goal is to have the lease up completed by the end of November.

She said they are working to BG to confirm that yes, the files are being processed based on log numbers.

I guess we will know soon enough.

I sent her an email on Wednesday and of course she didn't answer me (can't say I'm surprised) but I asked and she confirmed that she did get the email.
Thats all very interesting - and makes me wonder, am I one of those, potentially, lucky few who are with HDC?

Old 10-20-2017, 11:46 AM

143 posts, read 126,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Thats all very interesting - and makes me wonder, am I one of those, potentially, lucky few who are with HDC?
If you guys files are done and they keep saying their going by log #, and that they want to lease up by November than why the hell aren't they pushing applicants through, especially the applicants that are waiting for HDC approval.
I don't see how the keep processing apps with lower log #'s , and if so than how can they let new applicants with those numbers to hop,skip and jump those in line for months.
Even though I got In it still upsets me that they give false hope and/or make up their own rules as they go along.
I have yet to read in any guideline that applicants would go by log # (low to high), for goodness sakes ISN'T THIS A LOTTERY ( 1ST COME 1ST SERVE), when did this turn into a waiting line.
KEEP THE FAITH ALL!

Last edited by Rrumph33; 10-20-2017 at 12:30 PM..

Old 10-20-2017, 11:55 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,878,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
If you guys files are done and they keep saying their going by log #, and that they want to lease up by November than why the hell aren't they pushing applicants through, especially the applicants that are waiting for HDC approval.
I don't see how the keep processing apps with lower log #'s , and if so than how can they let new applicants with those numbers to hop,skip and jump those in line for months.
Even though I got In it still upsets me that they give false hope and/or make up their own rules as they go along.
I have yet to read in any guideline that applicants would go by log # (low to high), for goodness sakes ISN'T THIS A LOTTERY ( 1ST COME 1ST SERVE), when did this turn into a waiting line.
CAN'T THE FAITH ALL!

I personally don't believe anything they say, but I know they are up sh*t's creek with HDC and this is why everything was on hold.

For the last five weeks this has been an emotional roller coaster, I have nothing left to give, other than remaining positive or at least try to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.