Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 11:23 PM

3,166 posts, read 2,771,698 times

Advertisements

Jeez, that thing's the size of an oven.

They keep inventing more and more documents for me to bring in (apparently it's too hard to figure out in advance what they need?), plus asking me to resubmit documents I literally gave them a month ago.

Again: if only I could be as bad at my job!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:37 AM

994 posts, read 1,059,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Jeez, that thing's the size of an oven.

They keep inventing more and more documents for me to bring in (apparently it's too hard to figure out in advance what they need?), plus asking me to resubmit documents I literally gave them a month ago.

Again: if only I could be as bad at my job!
That building is 100% affordable, which explains a whole lot! I wouldn't touch that building with a 10 foot pole.

Wait, where are you in the process again? who asked you for more documents?

Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 AM

I don't understand how they even still make units that big. I haven't seen one that size in ages!

My file had supposedly gone to leasing, they requested more documents (while one was a result of somewhat understandable confusion, another was the result of them literally not being able to grasp the concept of term life insurance), now for some reason I am back at square one with a new rep who wants me to resubmit basically everything, even new paystubs, even though I submitted a fresh/current set of paystubs just a month ago.

Really, a disgrace. They keep rattling on about how 90K people applied, but so what? They are actually processing only a tiny fraction of that number, and, no matter how many they are processing, they ought to be able to (a) figure out what basic documents they need and ask for them the first time and (b) maintain the file of the documents they've been sent. That's just basic competence at the project they chose to take on.

Can't wait til I'm through the process one way or another and can file a complaint against these guys. They are the worst. It's unpleasant to imagine how they must treat their more powerless clients.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:07 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,878,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I don't understand how they even still make units that big. I haven't seen one that size in ages!

My file had supposedly gone to leasing, they requested more documents (while one was a result of somewhat understandable confusion, another was the result of them literally not being able to grasp the concept of term life insurance), now for some reason I am back at square one with a new rep who wants me to resubmit basically everything, even new paystubs, even though I submitted a fresh/current set of paystubs just a month ago.

Really, a disgrace. They keep rattling on about how 90K people applied, but so what? They are actually processing only a tiny fraction of that number, and, no matter how many they are processing, they ought to be able to (a) figure out what basic documents they need and ask for them the first time and (b) maintain the file of the documents they've been sent. That's just basic competence at the project they chose to take on.

Can't wait til I'm through the process one way or another and can file a complaint against these guys. They are the worst. It's unpleasant to imagine how they must treat their more powerless clients.
I'd never seen one before Wednesday, such a waste of space.

I don't know how you haven't lost your sweetness yet, I know I would but you do have to bite your tongue and keep going.

You can let them have it after you've moved in.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:11 PM

Oh, I think the reps I've dealt with would say I've lost my sweetness, though I've tried to at least be a little more conciliatory with the new intake guy. When the old one started blaming *me* for sending documents *to the address on the verification form*, that's when my patience ended.

We'll see how it all works out. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd take a studio if offered. It's really up in the air for me. But there are certain benefits to being in that building for me personally that might carry the day.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:21 PM

38 posts, read 35,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi_g View Post
Hi all- its been interesting reading this thread I'm glad I came across it. I interviewed with BG at the ending of July, they had contacted me once 2 weeks after that to ask for updated Pay stubs. I haven't heard anything since that. My log # is pretty low does anyone know if I can call to find out the status of my application & if so whats the number?
What's your log number range? If it's on the low end, then they should be on it!

Old 10-17-2017, 09:32 AM

52 posts, read 34,339 times
Just signed my lease! I feel so relieved.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:36 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,878,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeeBabySeamus View Post
Congrats !!!

Old 10-17-2017, 09:41 AM

994 posts, read 1,059,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeeBabySeamus View Post
Congratulations =)

We want all the dirty details?! ...and by we, I mean, mostly just me

Last edited by MannerundKatze; 10-17-2017 at 10:06 AM..

Old 10-17-2017, 10:28 AM

52 posts, read 34,339 times
Thank y'all so much!!! What kind of dirty details are we talking? hahah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.