Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 10:19 AM

36 posts, read 60,480 times

Advertisements

I had a high log around 29xxx and CB pref, and just got a email out of the blue last week. Just had my first interview and providing further paperwork now. Everyone at breaking ground has been super nice and speedy. Crossing my fingers...

Old 11-29-2016, 11:13 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaha View Post
I had a high log around 29xxx and CB pref, and just got a email out of the blue last week. Just had my first interview and providing further paperwork now. Everyone at breaking ground has been super nice and speedy. Crossing my fingers...
Good luck! What have they asked for?

Old 11-30-2016, 11:30 AM

4 posts, read 5,977 times
Default Ashland lottery

Well i went on my initial interview in sept, please passed that, passed everything with leasing and compliance, signed the paperwork, now currently waiting for approval from the city of ny....... hopefully god blesses all of us.. does anyone know how long the city takes for a approval? And i wonder whats the approval rate? .... I'm thinking if the developer approved and found your paperwork good, it should be automatic.....guess we will see

Old 12-22-2016, 01:09 PM

21 posts, read 33,080 times
I'm curious if there's any formal separation as to which floors are affordable and which are not. Looks like all of the market apartments are above floor 25.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:07 AM

201 posts, read 291,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian01 View Post
I'm curious if there's any formal separation as to which floors are affordable and which are not. Looks like all of the market apartments are above floor 25.
That's an interesting question, I've always wondered that myself. I have heard in the past they aren't allowed to do that BUT I mean who really knows how they set the apartments aside.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:20 AM

272 posts, read 534,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
That's an interesting question, I've always wondered that myself. I have heard in the past they aren't allowed to do that BUT I mean who really knows how they set the apartments aside.
You are going to get an apartment on a lower floor most likely facing a building. So those wonderful pictures on the website for the building with the spectacular views aren't going to be what they are giving to the low income folks. The amenities package will give you access to the rooftop deck which is enclosed. So if you want a view you will have to pay more for it.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:44 PM

201 posts, read 291,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
You are going to get an apartment on a lower floor most likely facing a building. So those wonderful pictures on the website for the building with the spectacular views aren't going to be what they are giving to the low income folks. The amenities package will give you access to the rooftop deck which is enclosed. So if you want a view you will have to pay more for it.

The facing another building isn't completely true, I know a handful of people who've won these lotteries and have good views. Now in terms of floors, i don't know much.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
The facing another building isn't completely true, I know a handful of people who've won these lotteries and have good views. Now in terms of floors, i don't know much.
I'm generalizing here. If you are the landlord trying to rent apartments for "Market Rent" you are going to want your best units to achieve that goal.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:10 AM

36 posts, read 60,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
I'm generalizing here. If you are the landlord trying to rent apartments for "Market Rent" you are going to want your best units to achieve that goal.
Happily, the city has put in rules to prevent this type of favoritism and to avoid segregating off affordable apartments. In another new building there was an even distribution of market rate and subsidized apartments on every single floor over the 30+ stories. The apartments have to be equal.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaha View Post
Happily, the city has put in rules to prevent this type of favoritism and to avoid segregating off affordable apartments. In another new building there was an even distribution of market rate and subsidized apartments on every single floor over the 30+ stories. The apartments have to be equal.
What you are saying sounds great but that wasn't my personal experience when I went to see apartments at 250 Ashland. They showed me two apartments which were both on low floors and they were both the same layout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery