Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 05:34 PM

143 posts, read 126,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 021nyc View Post
Please any actual tenent can tell me how long did BG took to contact you to signe the lease after sending your file to the city ?
I'm in the same process now, I jus had the last interview today , signed the documents needed by HPD, and the dude told me 5-10 business days. If its been longer than that fornyou, i suggest you contact HPD , because believe me in 8 business days I will be in touch with them.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:33 AM

12 posts, read 21,820 times
Where are interviews held? I tried looking up the BG site but couldn't find anything...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:37 AM

330 w 42nd street

Old 07-06-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
330 w 42nd street
They usually hold interviews at 250 Ashland, in a random apartment.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:29 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,881,162 times
Hi all, I interviewed with BG for 250 Ashland a few weeks ago - I just got an alert from Experian that there was an inquiry on my credit report from "Onsite Manager Inc" anyone familiar? I'm assuming it's the credit check for 250 Ashland...

Old 07-06-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Hi all, I interviewed with BG for 250 Ashland a few weeks ago - I just got an alert from Experian that there was an inquiry on my credit report from "Onsite Manager Inc" anyone familiar? I'm assuming it's the credit check for 250 Ashland...
Yes that a credit check

Old 07-06-2017, 07:54 AM

532 posts, read 789,174 times
does this building have the poor door ? lol
congrats everyone who got selected though.
this was my lowest log ever with 520
and didn't get selected

Old 07-06-2017, 08:07 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,881,162 times
I don't believe they are allowed to do that. My sister was able to get an apartment in 160 Madison and her entrance is the same as everyone else. She is on the 18th floor, a studio apartment with a W/D. Hate the area but love her building.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:11 AM

12 posts, read 21,820 times
Thanks @Rrumph33 - I had my interview at 330 w 42nd.

Update for some of ya'll, and to confirm some of the things people in this thread also said:

I went in and gave my paperwork. The told me that the low- and middle-income units are full and have waiting lists. They're still trying to fill up the high-income units with avails in the studios and 1-bedrooms. I filled out a short form to update my application if necessary. The last form I filled out was a release form authorizing them to do a criminal/credit/background check and I gave them a money order.

Then I was "interviewed" - they asked questions about:

-Why I wanted to move, how soon I wanted to move, how I would handle disagreements with a neighbor (I answered that I would contact the management company which seemed to please the interviewer), the condition of my current building, if I'm up to date with rent payments, court/eviction history, contact info for landlord, copy of lease, and how repairs and services are handled.

-If I planned to be a student, or if I planned to have someone move in with me not on the application.

-Employment history (where I've worked, why I switched jobs, how much I made),

-Financial background (if I had any outstanding debts, loans, amounts that went to collection, late payments), and

-Criminal history (any felonies/misdemeanors, sex offenses, etc).

Basically the questions they asked were things that they would have found out via the credit/background check anyways...

When the interview was done, they told me that based on my income I seemed qualified and that the process would take about 3 months if things continued to move forward. All in all, the interview took about an hour, and was fairly straightforward.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illybilly View Post
Thanks @Rrumph33 - I had my interview at 330 w 42nd.

Update for some of ya'll, and to confirm some of the things people in this thread also said:

I went in and gave my paperwork. The told me that the low- and middle-income units are full and have waiting lists. They're still trying to fill up the high-income units with avails in the studios and 1-bedrooms. I filled out a short form to update my application if necessary. The last form I filled out was a release form authorizing them to do a criminal/credit/background check and I gave them a money order.

Then I was "interviewed" - they asked questions about:

-Why I wanted to move, how soon I wanted to move, how I would handle disagreements with a neighbor (I answered that I would contact the management company which seemed to please the interviewer), the condition of my current building, if I'm up to date with rent payments, court/eviction history, contact info for landlord, copy of lease, and how repairs and services are handled.

-If I planned to be a student, or if I planned to have someone move in with me not on the application.

-Employment history (where I've worked, why I switched jobs, how much I made),

-Financial background (if I had any outstanding debts, loans, amounts that went to collection, late payments), and

-Criminal history (any felonies/misdemeanors, sex offenses, etc).

Basically the questions they asked were things that they would have found out via the credit/background check anyways...

When the interview was done, they told me that based on my income I seemed qualified and that the process would take about 3 months if things continued to move forward. All in all, the interview took about an hour, and was fairly straightforward.
Good for you @illybilly and good luck, jus stay on top it as best as you can

I'm going on 7 months myself but I know itll be worth it in the end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.