Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 AM

110 posts, read 88,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedbeats View Post
Congrats to all who have finally received a reply! Could you share the email address that reached out to you?

I preached patience earlier in the thread but since today is the last day for interview scheduling my patience has run thin 😁
its the same email address that we all got in the invitation letter.. "250ashlandmi", but yea, these folks - they 1 - don't have their own email addresses or they simply don't want to give it to you, 2 - they def. dont have an internal office extension, because this person called me fromt heir personal.. this is such a broken down agency its not even funny. the owners/bg def have a thing going on..contracting the worst possible agency to handle one of the newest luxury blding in town..yeah, theres something wrong with that logic. id suggest you to make your way over there with your invitation letter and tell/show them today is your last day to cloudless and you can't schedule because no one from your agency has responded.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:55 AM

31 posts, read 33,466 times
Hi Everyone - just wanted to say my experience has been a bit different. I played phone tag with them for a couple of days and was able to talk to someone today who took time to answer my questions and book an appointment.

Its a nonprofit and BG manages many buildings - not an excuse but just the reality is they are probably swamped. I can't imagine if you have proof of trying to book an appointment, emails, and phone messages they would automatically say nope you didn't make it by the deadline. So Id just keep trying and make sure when you call you are leaving a message or saving the emails you send.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 AM

8 posts, read 9,111 times
No response for me since emailing and leaving a message Tuesday. My letter, however, gives me until 6/10 to make an appointment. The question now is, will they be working over the weekend. I hope so!

Last edited by voodoovixen; 06-09-2017 at 10:49 AM..

Old 06-09-2017, 10:07 AM

143 posts, read 126,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedbeats View Post
Congrats to all who have finally received a reply! Could you share the email address that reached out to you?

I preached patience earlier in the thread but since today is the last day for interview scheduling my patience has run thin 😁
I suggest You reach out to HDC ASAP!

Old 06-09-2017, 01:10 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,782,265 times
" I can't imagine if you have proof of trying to book an appointment, emails, and phone messages they would automatically say nope you didn't make it by the deadline."

It would take you a while to find out you'd been rejected. If, in the meantime, they give away the apartment you were qualified for (and ahead in the line for), there's just no fixing that.

If BG is unwilling or unable to deploy the necessary resources to handle a lottery properly, then BG just shouldn't bid on the contract, that's all. It's not like they're a government agency which has to handle whatever business comes across their desk. At this point, what's needed to run a lottery well has got to be well-known. But perhaps this is a temporary hiccup that just happens to have caught multiple posters here. I'll be curious to see if they bother to get back to me today with an interview slot/confirmation that there's still a unit I could be eligible for. My last day for scheduling an interview is early next week and I don't want to have to march down there on my lunch break!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:53 PM

110 posts, read 216,676 times
I emailed yesterday....but have until the 12th to make an appointment. They must be scheduling them in waves. I'm waiting to hear back as well but this thread is not making me feel optimistic!

Old 06-12-2017, 01:34 PM

11 posts, read 13,434 times
FYI: got contacted by leasing agent today and told that there are only high-income 2- and 3-bedroom units (2BR $3163 and 3BR $3649) available. I'm in the income bracket qualified for both, but not sure if I want to move forward.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:42 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,782,265 times
Was he/she referring to all apartments, or just to the 2- and 3-beds? (E.g., did he/she say anything about the availability of 1-beds?)

The high(er)-income units, as in almost all of these lotteries that have them, are disproportionately unaffordable. However, this building does seem like one of the nicer ones. That is, if one can afford it, it might be good value for money. But only if one can afford it to start with. (And of course one would compare it to one's current place. I sometimes think these developers don't realize that people who are in the mid-to-higher-range may not be thrilled with what they currently have, but probably aren't desperate/quasi-homeless as many in the lower-income bands may be and so aren't as willing to stretch/take anything that's available.)

Old 06-12-2017, 01:46 PM

40 posts, read 55,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9870433 View Post
FYI: got contacted by leasing agent today and told that there are only high-income 2- and 3-bedroom units (2BR $3163 and 3BR $3649) available. I'm in the income bracket qualified for both, but not sure if I want to move forward.
Hey 9870433,

Did the leasing agent mention this to you before or after your interview? Also, is the leasing agent referencing the units available in comparison to other 2-3 bedroom units or all units? I'm checking to see if the 1 bedroom units are still available.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:50 PM

11 posts, read 13,434 times
We are 4-person household (with 2 kids), so the leasing agent didn't need to mention the availability of either studio or 1-bed. And to your point, yes these high(er)-income units are not as tempting, although they still are bargain, compared to the market-rate apartments with similar profiles.

I guess I would wait for the other "affordable" opportunity, and stay put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery