Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 11:27 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
I see they keep sending out interview request but aren't getti g back to those folk that have been thru that process, I just don't understand the lag between interview----->paperwork---->and lease signing. My fustrationis thru the roof at tho point, they're just so unprofessional
Right, so if I get wait-listed because they jumped ahead and gave away an apartment I would've otherwise received should my appeal be approved, I can promise you I won't let this go.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:53 AM

143 posts, read 126,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Right, so if I get wait-listed because they jumped ahead and gave away an apartment I would've otherwise received should my appeal be approved, I can promise you I won't let this go.
The thing about that is they must wait till they have recieved your appeal within the timeframe b4 actually removing from your place in line for an appt. , and if you must appeal thru HPD OR HDC , they are also authorized to the agency to whole that place until your deemed 100% ineligible.

Last edited by Rrumph33; 06-08-2017 at 12:09 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 11:57 AM

Check out this older post may be able to ease you spirits

Marketing Guidelines | New York City Housing Development Corporation

Old 06-08-2017, 12:30 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
Check out this older post may be able to ease you spirits

Marketing Guidelines | New York City Housing Development Corporation
I've read and obsessed over that document for months...

"Applicants have ten business days from the postmark date of the ineligibility or
rejection letter (or from the date of the ineligibility email) to appeal in writing to
the Marketing Agent. The applicant’s place on the log is maintained while the
appeal is under review.
"

The underlined text means any apartment I am eligible for should remain available until such time as I am deemed completely ineligible.

"The Agency may require that the Marketing Agent hold a unit depending on the
circumstances of the case and if units are available."

Last edited by MannerundKatze; 06-08-2017 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Additional information

Old 06-08-2017, 01:20 PM

Lol, where in the same boat I think, and when its done I'm gonna get the biggest bottle I can find

Last edited by Rrumph33; 06-08-2017 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM

40 posts, read 55,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedbeats View Post
I read earlier in the thread that they won't accommodate based on family size, any idea if this is true? I received letter for further processing, log #29xxx. My family size has increased since application (marriage) but I still fit into the same income bracket. We're hoping for pregnancy sometime in the next year or two, and we want to make a long term move so obviously I'd like to try to get a two bedroom, but it sounds like they would not agree to that idea.
Don't tell them you're trying to get a baby...

Old 06-08-2017, 03:26 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,752,644 times
Got a response to my email today. They did want to reconfirm my basic eligibility so I suspect they may have sent out more interview letters than was appropriate or got a higher uptake than they expected (which would help explain the sloooooow response). Entirely possible that they'll tell me tomorrow they've nothing left, I suppose.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:24 PM

110 posts, read 88,299 times
for those that just recieved an invite - I GOT AN UPDATE FOR YA! - yes, after 4 days of continuous emails after email..after email, someone from bg finally decided to come out of their slumber and responded back via email "hello..thankyou for your interest at 250ashland lottery, please confirm your basic info's below"xxxxx.. basically asking on approx. income and household size..last but not least, got an interview scheduled. - would ya look at that..took 4 days..of non-stop emailing just to get back "1" response. i guess, for those that are still pending an response, i suggest you start making an email chain.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:16 PM

40 posts, read 55,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weip2k View Post
for those that just recieved an invite - I GOT AN UPDATE FOR YA! - yes, after 4 days of continuous emails after email..after email, someone from bg finally decided to come out of their slumber and responded back via email "hello..thankyou for your interest at 250ashland lottery, please confirm your basic info's below"xxxxx.. basically asking on approx. income and household size..last but not least, got an interview scheduled. - would ya look at that..took 4 days..of non-stop emailing just to get back "1" response. i guess, for those that are still pending an response, i suggest you start making an email chain.
I got a response today too! Good luck to the both of you!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 AM
e_D

86 posts, read 82,091 times
Congrats to all who have finally received a reply! Could you share the email address that reached out to you?

I preached patience earlier in the thread but since today is the last day for interview scheduling my patience has run thin 😁
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery