Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 06:25 AM

162 posts, read 248,791 times

Advertisements

elbasurero...how did your reqaulification appt go? Do they have any news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 07:55 AM

189 posts, read 287,486 times
Yea what they say? elbasurero

Did you have to go to the bronx office?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 AM

61 posts, read 94,675 times
My appointment is tomorrow. The strange thing is I got another call yesterday to come in for an interview by a different person. I ask if I was the only one they have called and they said no. They are calling ppl little by little.

Yes, it's in the Bronx office.

They said that we still don't have a move in date.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:37 AM

43 posts, read 64,834 times
I'm assuming that if the paperwork for the TCO has been typed up it would be showing up on the webpage for View Certificate of Occupancy under the Property Profile Overview webpage. Maybe the holdup is because they need to have the actual paperwork versus it just being online that the building passed? If that's the case then I wonder how long does it take the building to receive this after passing the inspection for the TCO?

Old 01-26-2017, 09:29 AM

126 posts, read 169,387 times
^Good point, and this is what I stated last week when I saw the TCO was signed off. Lets hope this is the holdup.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:07 PM

There were objections on the inspection that was performed today so it didn't pass.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 PM

5 posts, read 5,948 times
Temporary CO

Owners must make sure a building or unit has a Certificate of Occupancy. In some circumstances, the Department may determine that a property is safe to occupy, but there are outstanding issues requiring final approval. A Temporary Certificate of Occupancy – or TCO – indicates that the property is safe for occupancy, but it has an expiration date. TCOs typically expire 90 days after they are issued.

Owners Tips

The Department strongly recommends that you negotiate a closing based on a final Certificate of Occupancy, not a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy.

If you purchase a co-op, condo or house that has a TCO, consult with a New York State licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect to determine what work has to be done, and any outstanding issues in order for the building to receive a final CO.

Once you purchase a property, you, as the owner, have the legal obligation to make sure that the building obtains a final CO documenting its compliance with the Building Code and the Zoning Resolution. Because this is your responsibility, you should ask your attorney to obtain written assurance and sufficient escrow from the seller/developer to ensure that the developer actually finishes any outstanding work and obtains the final CO in a timely manner.

Note: When a TCO expires and is not renewed, it may be difficult or impossible to buy insurance or sell or refinance the property.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:40 AM

162 posts, read 248,791 times
So now we are back to where we started. This whole process is so stressful. Jeez, now I have to tell my landlord that I'm not leaving yet and most likely will be paying more rent than I would have had I renewed my lease.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:58 AM

43 posts, read 64,834 times
On the C/O Application Summary Inquiry webpage, there's a link for Inspection History which you can directly access here. You can see that the last inspection on 01/17/2017 was for the Temporary C/O which was signed off on that same day! Essentially the building is now considered safe for occupancy since that day by the NYC Building Department. Apparently according to my daughter's boyfriend's father who works there in some capacity, he said the actual TCO paperwork for that building is already completed and has been ready for pickup for a few days now! So I'm guessing that yesterday's inspection was related to getting the final C/O which is separate from the TCO which the building already has.

Basically the building is ready to move in according to the guidelines of the NYC Building webpage that riko714 typed above. You can read it yourself here. The TCO paperwork is also typed up and finished. So with all that said what's the holdup?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:23 PM

Elbasurero any updates? How was the interview?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery