Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 07:37 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,257,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala4613 View Post
I'm trying to get a draft blocker for the door I don't like the gap. Mice will definitely come through that gap
Yes def have one installed. Talk to the building and see if you can put on a draft blocker on your front door.

Also check by the heater, there are probably holes in the wall where the heating pipes are.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:48 AM

54 posts, read 47,215 times
Hey Guys,

Just checking back in, I had to to take a break. Been reading up and I see the building is having issues already SMH.

Sidenote: I was contacted yesterday to submit current W2, 6 pay stubs and 6 bank statements, and permission to check my credit and notoriety the paperwork provided. I'm guessing this is the part some of you were talking about submitting paperwork for a 2nd time. Do any of you know what happens next?

Old 03-30-2017, 07:27 AM

213 posts, read 189,989 times
HI INTHEBX09, well good news and bad news, if any applicants got a new job, increase in salary , so on. your in the death roll to be disqualified. nevertheless, if nothing change with your files ,congratulation you will be approved . whats difference now that we must resubmit most paper work >>? good news is you will be hear in a time frame of 2 weeks rather than 6 weeks. so sit tight. management office its been pressure to get things faster since building is empty & since no $ its been generate . >>

Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM

188 posts, read 178,559 times
It's such a shame that we are having these conversations about the building not being taken cared of... I don't even live there yet and it bothers so much!!!! We are lucky enough to get this opportunity and I'm sure most of us didn't get the opportunity of living in a brand new place, so why not break this cycle and if not for us do it for our kids!!! Why would you purposely do these things and weed???? In a building where I'm sure there are more children than adults??? Are you kidding me? And then the dog situation, I have a teacup yorkie I've had since 2007 and I already came to terms to leave him with my Gand mother if I get this place... WHY would you jeopardize such a blessing over a dog? Hopefully it is just a visitor....lol but still...smh

Well that was enough of my venting lmfaooooo

Old 03-30-2017, 09:01 AM

260 posts, read 333,405 times
Yeah I mean the dog things it's cool cause pets are like family and the weed I mean it's whatever just keep it in your house don't smoke in the hallways. This isn't a pj building no offense, just keep it in your house. Do what you want just don't do it outta your home.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:14 AM

260 posts, read 333,405 times
Okay could anyone give me some advice. I don't have my child as a dependent and I feel like putting her so they won't take so much taxes, does anyone have their kids as a dependent and how much more or less do the they take taxes out of you check? I would really appreciate it

Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM

hi LALA4613, i have 2 child as dependent, its this for tax purpose ? income tax ? >

Old 03-30-2017, 09:35 AM

279 posts, read 218,424 times
Good morning Lovemlayla, lala4613, yan2, inthebx, Jimmie, I'm praying for guys to be approve , and this thing I heard smoking weed , is inappropriate and disgusting , can't follow the rules then give the apartment to someone else who going to take heed to the rules , leave .

Old 03-30-2017, 09:43 AM

Good mornin to ya Babygirl49 ..... thank you. like i have stated

"wrong tenants were so lucky to get an apt there".

Old 03-30-2017, 09:44 AM

188 posts, read 178,559 times
Good morning!!!

Lala, I've been self-employed where they didn't take ANY taxes throughout the year and I still got a nice refund back...so if you do add your daughter you will get more back for each paycheck but your refund check will be somewhat, not drastically, less...
I've also worked with 2 dependents (my daughter and myself) and they took a total of 164 dollars in taxes weekly versus a little over 200 when it was just me ... but again it depends on how much you make
There's an ADP salary calculator that you can google and it's pretty accurate as far as how much taxes they will take according to how much you make and your number of dependents.

And you can change it with your job back to just you later on if you don't like the difference

I personally will add my daughter, I rather get the little extra for each check to pay whatever bill, even if it's an additional 50-70 per check and still get a decent income tax check
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery