Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,235 times

Advertisements

A few people have moved in, but I'm confused by the silence in the thread over the past few weeks. Why have they stopped processing people? And I wanna hear reviews of the building from those who moved in! Particularly heat and hot water since it's been so cold.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:39 AM

6,695 posts, read 6,051,821 times
A luxury building like 10 Freedom Place won’t have any trouble with heat and hot water lol

Old 12-29-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
A luxury building like 10 Freedom Place won’t have any trouble with heat and hot water lol
10 Freedom Place isn't a luxury building, 1 West End is. And new buildings always have kinks that may need to be worked out.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 AM

6,695 posts, read 6,051,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
10 Freedom Place isn't a luxury building, 1 West End is. And new buildings always have kinks that may need to be worked out.
It's technically the same structure - just that the aristocrat developers who decided to take the tax breaks from the city without doing anything illegal named the "separate" building, "10 Freedom Place" to accommodate what is technically a "poor door" entrance. That is the God-honest politically incorrect truth.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:43 PM

712 posts, read 771,825 times
Hi all,
Yes, there are tenants in 10 Freedom Place. First, to let you know the office is closed until Jan 2nd that is why there has been no movement. I expect it’s going to speed up after the new year. As far as the building there is still work going on. All the floors are not finished and the amenities are not finished laundry room, fitness, there is no mail delivery as of yet. I think that these apts are really nice for affordable. Some of the one bedrooms are over 830 sq ft. The is hot water and the heat is good. The super is really nice and has been really helpful with little quirks that we may have. All and all Thse rare really nice units and I could care less about the other building. 10 FPS is my home and I am proud of where I live. To me 10FPS is my lujury home. Call it what you want, the poor door works for me. I hope to hear from those as the tenant selection starts up and am excited for all those who are waiting out the process. I know it’s hard because I have been there but patience and prayer is what you need NOW!,

Old 01-01-2018, 08:26 PM

26 posts, read 29,553 times
I hope things do speed up soon. They have been in touch with me. are the amenities shared with 1 west end or are they separate? I have heard at first they were separate and then someone from BG said it's shared...but curious how it works.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:03 PM

26 posts, read 31,057 times
Does anyone have the current financial breakdowns available? I know they went up from the initial listing? After four months of silence I've been asked to resubmit all my paperwork again and I know somewhere in this thread someone posted the newer requirements but I cannot find it! Thanks for any info and congrats to those who signed leases and are IN! Happy 2018!

Old 01-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceSingLoveLaugh View Post
Does anyone have the current financial breakdowns available? I know they went up from the initial listing? After four months of silence I've been asked to resubmit all my paperwork again and I know somewhere in this thread someone posted the newer requirements but I cannot find it! Thanks for any info and congrats to those who signed leases and are IN! Happy 2018!
http://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/renters...e-housing.page

60% or 80% AMI is what's relevant here. 2018 limits usually don't go into effect until April.

Has it been 120 days since you submitted paperwork?

Old 01-06-2018, 08:16 AM

39 posts, read 50,844 times
Wiiville - Thank you for this link - it's really helpful. I got called for an interview and went in to talk to someone on January 3rd. I was still under the impression that the old breakdown of salary requirements applied and was totally surprised when my income was calculated by the BG person. I was sure I was going to be out. Surprisingly, she said that I made the cut in terms of that. However, this seems to be an ongoing issue with NY Housing Connect - the salary requirements often do not accurately and currently reflect who they are looking for. I had this happen another time when it seems they inexplicably changed the requirements but never updated it on the listing. It's so misleading and unfair to those who are desperately hoping for an affordable place to live.
I'm not sure what's going to happen with 10FP. The BG person took my $50 deposit (I thought it was $25 as reflected on the letter I received so had to go out and get another money order), all my paperwork which was thankfully in order and she did a very thorough interview. I have disability preference because of a medical condition affecting my joints/bones so I fall under the 5% mobility section they may need to fill. Still it seems a long shot since my log number is 10,xxx. We shall see. Thank you again for that link.
Good luck to everyone who has/is applying for this building and for those already there, I hope you love it!

Old 01-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bey72 View Post
Wiiville - Thank you for this link - it's really helpful. I got called for an interview and went in to talk to someone on January 3rd. I was still under the impression that the old breakdown of salary requirements applied and was totally surprised when my income was calculated by the BG person. I was sure I was going to be out. Surprisingly, she said that I made the cut in terms of that. However, this seems to be an ongoing issue with NY Housing Connect - the salary requirements often do not accurately and currently reflect who they are looking for. I had this happen another time when it seems they inexplicably changed the requirements but never updated it on the listing. It's so misleading and unfair to those who are desperately hoping for an affordable place to live.
I'm not sure what's going to happen with 10FP. The BG person took my $50 deposit (I thought it was $25 as reflected on the letter I received so had to go out and get another money order), all my paperwork which was thankfully in order and she did a very thorough interview. I have disability preference because of a medical condition affecting my joints/bones so I fall under the 5% mobility section they may need to fill. Still it seems a long shot since my log number is 10,xxx. We shall see. Thank you again for that link.
Good luck to everyone who has/is applying for this building and for those already there, I hope you love it!
Weird- they are only contacting disability people now? They are supposed to take preference over the CB people and some of us CB people were interviewed nearly a year ago. What income level/bedroom size are you going for?

Also, they never adjust the original pdf advertisement to reflect the changing income limits. That's because the application period is presumably concluded. Also, the rents and minimums don't change, just the maximum income limits.

Last edited by wiivile; 01-06-2018 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery