Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 03:33 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,843,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by What's my name View Post
I got my letter yesterday with log number in the mid 5000. I have lived on the upper westside all my life, born and raised. I also work in a building in Chelsea with 80/20 apartments. Two separate entrances the main lobby has concierge and the other as of now security. But that will change soon with that entrance being unmanned. With that said we do not under any circumstance discriminate the low income residents from entering or leaving thru a specific lobby. Wish me luck on my interview. I need my own place and that would be great with whatever entrance I have to go thru. Upper Westside rocks!!!!!
Good luck! Was it email or paper mail when they contacted you? Can you do us a favor and ask on the interview if half of the community board units are being set aside for the homeless?

Old 02-26-2017, 03:50 PM

965 posts, read 1,114,630 times
Just checked my log for this.
#2,473 no preference.

Only 18 one bedrooms available for my bracket (60% AMI)

Poor door or not, $895 for a 900 square foot one-bedroom? Yes please. That's freaking HUGE.

Even with the low log number, 18 (9) one-bedrooms is not a lot at all. But hey, you never know.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:02 AM

Anyone else contacted for this building? I'm interested to know experiences at the interview.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:56 PM

Well, I just got a letter from Breaking Ground asking that I contact them by 3/16 to set up an interview. Odd that they sent the letter via snail mail when I had selected email as my preferred method of contact. I'm lucky that it didn't get lost in the mail because I only have 3 days to set up an interview. Maybe they contact CB people via snail mail to ensure that they actually live in the CB?

Log # 12,xxx with CB7 pref. Anyone else contacted??

Old 03-30-2017, 11:07 AM

Bump? Anyone else called? I can't be the only one with an interview with a log no of 12,xxx...

Old 04-03-2017, 03:30 PM

18 posts, read 35,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Bump? Anyone else called? I can't be the only one with an interview with a log no of 12,xxx...

Already submitted all our paperwork and Background / Credit fee after interview last Monday. Low 11,000 and I have CB preference. Waiting game now. It moves fast, but if one thing is missing you're done..they won't even interview you.

They asked when we could move in, I said yesterday

Good luck! Remember everything they checked on the list make copies and bring in!!!!

Old 04-03-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixf1re220 View Post
Already submitted all our paperwork and Background / Credit fee after interview last Monday. Low 11,000 and I have CB preference. Waiting game now. It moves fast, but if one thing is missing you're done..they won't even interview you.

They asked when we could move in, I said yesterday

Good luck! Remember everything they checked on the list make copies and bring in!!!!
Good luck to you to! What kind of unit / income range are you hoping for?

What kind of things did they ask at the interview? Did you have to send in all your documents before the interview, or can you just bring them to the interview?

Old 04-03-2017, 05:52 PM

111 posts, read 227,324 times
Quote:
Well, I just got a letter from Breaking Ground asking that I contact them by 3/16 to set up an interview. Odd that they sent the letter via snail mail when I had selected email as my preferred method of contact. I'm lucky that it didn't get lost in the mail because I only have 3 days to set up an interview. Maybe they contact CB people via snail mail to ensure that they actually live in the CB?

Log # 12,xxx with CB7 pref. Anyone else contacted??
Haha! Told you you had a chance. Good luck now.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:45 PM

26 posts, read 26,131 times
Quote:
Good luck to you to! What kind of unit / income range are you hoping for?

What kind of things did they ask at the interview? Did you have to send in all your documents before the interview, or can you just bring them to the interview?

I'm in the higher tier for a 2 bedroom. Crossing my fingers, we need the space for our little ones ...lol. I have submitted all my paperwork and then some. Prepare yourself to have everything they ask for based on your app. If you are missing anything they will not interview you or ask you to come back by a certain date to bring it. but it delays the application. Our intake guy was very nice. They ask for your income paperwork before you go to make sure you are still eligible. You can email, fax, or take in person.

They ask the usual and are in tune to see if your are bs'ing on anything. After we gave in our money order, he asked for some additional paperwork, but that has to be sent directly from your job, landlord, and bank. They give you the forms to have filled out.

Now we are waiting. I missed my last lottery by $2,000 because of a lapse of work. But we're good now, just waiting and still hearing crickets..lol

FYI, Breaking Ground, so far has been excellent with responding back with any questions, in case you wanted to know too. I truly wish you the best and hope we end up with some nice spacious new digs

Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFre220 View Post
I'm in the higher tier for a 2 bedroom. Crossing my fingers, we need the space for our little ones ...lol. I have submitted all my paperwork and then some. Prepare yourself to have everything they ask for based on your app. If you are missing anything they will not interview you or ask you to come back by a certain date to bring it. but it delays the application. Our intake guy was very nice. They ask for your income paperwork before you go to make sure you are still eligible. You can email, fax, or take in person.

They ask the usual and are in tune to see if your are bs'ing on anything. After we gave in our money order, he asked for some additional paperwork, but that has to be sent directly from your job, landlord, and bank. They give you the forms to have filled out.

Now we are waiting. I missed my last lottery by $2,000 because of a lapse of work. But we're good now, just waiting and still hearing crickets..lol

FYI, Breaking Ground, so far has been excellent with responding back with any questions, in case you wanted to know too. I truly wish you the best and hope we end up with some nice spacious new digs
Thanks! I had my interview last week. It was fine. I got a notification from the credit bureau that they just pulled my credit today. BTW, they told me that the interview that the lottery was on hold. They said it was expected to be on hold for about a month. I didn't ask why because I didn't want to seem impatient. I wonder if it's because of construction delays (they don't have a certificate of occupancy yet) or some other reason. I hope it's not delayed too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery