Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2017, 08:32 AM

40 posts, read 46,380 times

Advertisements

Flowepower @ what the email say?
And now you go sign lease and give deposit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 09:09 AM

59 posts, read 72,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1471 View Post
I called Friday looks like I'll most likely be waitlisted. There is only 3 (1bedroom/Studios) left for phase 1. I hate that these people will interview people like me with a log of 3K but yet fill up units with logs that are in the hundreds up to probably a thousand or 2 the max. Waste of time!
Just curious on what number you called for updates. I would like to call too so I know my status also.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:17 PM

151 posts, read 155,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower93jfd View Post
Guys the apartment is officially mine!!

Enomis, good luck!!

MannerundKatze, thank you!!

Congrats love! Very happy for you. As someone who’s been through it, I 1000% understand how you feel.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:53 PM

24 posts, read 42,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1471 View Post
I called Friday looks like I'll most likely be waitlisted. There is only 3 (1bedroom/Studios) left for phase 1. I hate that these people will interview people like me with a log of 3K but yet fill up units with logs that are in the hundreds up to probably a thousand or 2 the max. Waste of time!
They interviewed me too. I’m losing my hopes. I’m feeling very depressed right now. I was hoping to be call. I really need this place.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:55 PM

@flowerpower Can you please provide us that number so we can call as well to get our statuses?

Old 03-01-2018, 11:27 AM

14 posts, read 15,139 times
@Chanell28 I emailed the personal who interviewed me. They gave me their email. Your interviewer should have given you their email

Old 03-06-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower93jfd View Post
@Chanell28 I emailed the personal who interviewed me. They gave me their email. Your interviewer should have given you their email
Last time I asked was back in January 8th. I don't want to get my interviwer tired and throw my application away. I'll wait until she contacts me.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:41 PM

22 posts, read 27,053 times
So I finally got called for this building!!!! My first time ever getting called for these lotteries!!!!

I'm nervous though because I applied almost a year ago and my income has changed since then. I work temporary jobs so sometimes while I'm working the income is way over the limit but then when I'm not working my income is significantly less as I file unemployment while not working.

I'm currently on an assignment that would technically pay over $50k if I worked there the whole year but this assignment ends next month. It was only a 6 week assignment. I don't know when I'll get another assignment. It could be days or weeks. I wonder if they factor in all that when calculating income. I'm nervous but I don't want to lie.

I also have other concerns because I don't want my landlord to know I'm looking to move. Hopefully they don't need a bunch of paper work from her. Goodness this is so stressful!

Old 07-18-2018, 05:58 PM

100 posts, read 139,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscurly View Post
So I finally got called for this building!!!! My first time ever getting called for these lotteries!!!!

I'm nervous though because I applied almost a year ago and my income has changed since then. I work temporary jobs so sometimes while I'm working the income is way over the limit but then when I'm not working my income is significantly less as I file unemployment while not working.

I'm currently on an assignment that would technically pay over $50k if I worked there the whole year but this assignment ends next month. It was only a 6 week assignment. I don't know when I'll get another assignment. It could be days or weeks. I wonder if they factor in all that when calculating income. I'm nervous but I don't want to lie.

I also have other concerns because I don't want my landlord to know I'm looking to move. Hopefully they don't need a bunch of paper work from her. Goodness this is so stressful!

They will ask for your lease. I think they also called my landlord but maybe they can be discreet about it if you ask. Did they call you for the first or second phase? The second phase is the very low income (23k-35k give or take) and high income (70k-80k). Stay hopeful. I was denied during the interview and won the appeal. Then I was denied based on my credit and won the appeal. I just wouldn't take no for an answer. lol So now I'm just waiting to be emailed for a lease signing. Good Luck

Old 07-19-2018, 07:58 AM

22 posts, read 27,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherFowler View Post
They will ask for your lease. I think they also called my landlord but maybe they can be discreet about it if you ask. Did they call you for the first or second phase? The second phase is the very low income (23k-35k give or take) and high income (70k-80k). Stay hopeful. I was denied during the interview and won the appeal. Then I was denied based on my credit and won the appeal. I just wouldn't take no for an answer. lol So now I'm just waiting to be emailed for a lease signing. Good Luck
Oh wow your experience gives me hope. I got called for phase 2. I freelance so my income goes up and down. I went to the interview yesterday and they denied me saying I make too much money. I'm going to appeal because this current job ends in 2 weeks which will make my income low enough to qualify.

I'm not taking no for an answer either! I'll apply for the appeal the minute I get the notice. How long did your appeal take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery