Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 08:40 AM

174 posts, read 311,913 times

Advertisements

I heard back earlier this week. I have zero preference (and i live in brooklyn) with a log number below 50. But was dq'd d/t incorrect income listed (it was from 2 years ago, I now make within the bracket), I submitted an appeal and am waiting to hear back on that. I dont think I should have a problem because I meet all the criteria. Ironically I've heard from two lotteries this week that I applied for waaay back (almost 2 years ago) that at the time met their income requirements but now make too much and have to turn them down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 08:48 AM

252 posts, read 306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstwahine View Post
I heard back earlier this week. I have zero preference (and i live in brooklyn) with a log number below 50. But was dq'd d/t incorrect income listed (it was from 2 years ago, I now make within the bracket), I submitted an appeal and am waiting to hear back on that. I dont think I should have a problem because I meet all the criteria. Ironically I've heard from two lotteries this week that I applied for waaay back (almost 2 years ago) that at the time met their income requirements but now make too much and have to turn them down.
I also was contacted (not this lottery) and was denied because I didn't reach the income requirements at the time of submission. I do now and wrote an appeal which was denied because they said I had to meet the requirements at the time of submission not as of recent. Whatever that means

Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
I also was contacted (not this lottery) and was denied because I didn't reach the income requirements at the time of submission. I do now and wrote an appeal which was denied because they said I had to meet the requirements at the time of submission not as of recent. Whatever that means
Sorry to hear that, but that makes sense. I mean, that'd be like me applying without CB preference then wanting to be given CB preference because I moved to that CB after the fact.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:32 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Sorry to hear that, but that makes sense. I mean, that'd be like me applying without CB preference then wanting to be given CB preference because I moved to that CB after the fact.
But this lottery doesn't have CB preference, which is why I'm a bit hopeful

Old 01-26-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
But this lottery doesn't have CB preference, which is why I'm a bit hopeful
Oh, haha, I mean't in general - but, you are definitely a shoe-in here. My log is to far out there.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Oh, haha, I mean't in general - but, you are definitely a shoe-in here. My log is to far out there.
They are moving so quickly, that I'm not even sure if your log number is a bad one! I'm still hopeful!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
They are moving so quickly, that I'm not even sure if your log number is a bad one! I'm still hopeful!
They are in the 3 thousands now?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:03 AM

49 posts, read 62,784 times
I'm log number #7XX and have my first "interview" on the 31st -- not sure if that helps you guys factor in what numbers they're working with?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbk View Post
I'm log number #7XX and have my first "interview" on the 31st -- not sure if that helps you guys factor in what numbers they're working with?
So basically, with my log of 87k, I will be 70 before I get an interview

Old 01-26-2018, 12:01 PM

532 posts, read 787,194 times
Quote:
So basically, with my log of 87k, I will be 70 before I get an interview
same, i know i'm not going to get selected specially since i got an email from them telling me to apply for other places they have LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery