Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 10:14 AM

158 posts, read 251,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
hmmm, my credit report was pulled just this Saturday. I got a notification from Experian that an inquiry from "on site manager" was added to my report. Don't know if the pull was for Alvista or another complex I'm being considered for because they both use On Site. June is almost here so hopefully they'll get back to everyone soon!
This is a great news, NiniCakes! They indeed doing credit checks then. According to the marketing handbook:

"Credit checks may only be conducted when (a) an applicant appears to be otherwise eligible and (b) it is clear that a unit will be available if the applicant is approved."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 10:21 AM

25 posts, read 45,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Interestingly, I also saw one post by someone last week who said she received something called a "rental report" from Alvista that details her background and credit check. She was basically saying that she is confused as to what happens next. I asked her (along with some others) what was in the report and whether it says if she was approved, but now I can't find her post. Looks like it was deleted from the FAQ, or maybe she purposely deleted it.

I think it is pretty safe to say that Alvista has already started running background and credit checks, and the interview process is its final phase.
I saw that too. I asked if it was received by mail or e-mail but then the comment was removed. I really hope they reach out by e-mail. My local post office isn't too reliable.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:59 AM

25 posts, read 45,638 times
I also found this on an article that was posted in March. Keep in mind, this was before people started mentioning Fall and December so plans may have changed after the article was posted.:

"Nonetheless, demand can create viable opportunities. Phoenix Realty Group specializes in markets with little available land and high costs, according to company president Keith Rosenthal. The developer is completing a 380-unit high-rise in Jamaica, Queens, N.Y., next to the Jamaica train station. Move-in is expected in July."

This is from the section regarding Alvista Towers.

Here is the source: https://www.multihousingnews.com/pos...ousing-work-2/

Old 05-07-2018, 02:20 PM

68 posts, read 120,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
hmmm, my credit report was pulled just this Saturday. I got a notification from Experian that an inquiry from "on site manager" was added to my report. Don't know if the pull was for Alvista or another complex I'm being considered for because they both use On Site. June is almost here so hopefully they'll get back to everyone soon!
Me too, my report got pulled and it seems like I passed. I requested my report to be emailed to me from On-Site. http://www.on-site.com/renter-relations/. Haven't heard anything from Alvista since my interview though. When everyone interviewed last month, they told everyone that building will be complete/movein will be winter 2018.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:03 PM

20 posts, read 47,588 times
That's great!! Thank you for the update. Good luck all.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
Me too, my report got pulled and it seems like I passed. I requested my report to be emailed to me from On-Site. http://www.on-site.com/renter-relations/. Haven't heard anything from Alvista since my interview though. When everyone interviewed last month, they told everyone that building will be complete/movein will be winter 2018.
That is great! Did you have to open an account with On-site to request it? Besides the credit alert, did you receive any email? How do you know that you passed?

Last edited by thunderblue; 05-07-2018 at 03:45 PM..

Old 05-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Everyone will get a rental score, which won't be disclosed I guess:

https://www.on-site.com/wp-content/u...gYourScore.pdf

Old 05-07-2018, 05:46 PM

319 posts, read 401,232 times
My credit just got lowered
What is the minimum?
I'm so mad.
I'm in a rush paying a card and full and see if I can get it up quick.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 AM

My credit was pulled also, and my Equifax FICO score got lowered by 6 points. It was by "On-Site Manager."

Old 05-08-2018, 08:57 AM

20 posts, read 47,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
My credit was pulled also, and my Equifax FICO score got lowered by 6 points. It was by "On-Site Manager."
Hey thunderblue, is Alvista the only complex you’ve applied for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery