Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 06:46 PM

319 posts, read 401,626 times

Advertisements

nope no update until spring
the building is only 90% completed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 11:45 AM

133 posts, read 180,335 times
My experience I went to the interview everything went really quick I gave in pay stubs Nd other documents they asked for I qualified for a 1 bed Nd studio.. gave in 25 dollar money order for background and credit check now waiting for an update.. I called the lady said we should receive a letter from background check agency around November building should b open by December.. my first lottery interview..

Old 05-03-2018, 12:31 PM

158 posts, read 251,444 times
Update: Interesting Info to Share about Alvista

So the developers of Alvista are using Onsite.com to screen the applicants. Here are some criteria I found on the website:

RENTAL SCORE
All applications are submitted to On-Site.com, a third-party rental applicant screening company. All applications are evaluated based on an objective rental scoring system. Rental scoring is based on real data and statistic statistical data such as payment history, quantity and type of accounts, outstanding debt, and age of accounts. Every applicant is treated objectively because each application is scored statistically in exactly the same manner.

The rental scoring system will compare your application to On-Site's database, and by evaluating those statistics and real data in accordance with pre-established criteria set by Management, On-Site will recommend one of the following:

• Accepted. The applicant will be accepted with the standard deposits and fees.
• Accepted with Conditions. Depending on the community's policy, the applicant may be given the option to pay an additional security deposit,
• Denied. The application will not be accepted. The applicant will be provided with contact information for the consumer reporting agencies that provided the consumer information.
GUARANTORS/CO-SIGNERS
If On-Site recommends "Accepted with Conditions" or "Denial," a guarantor or co-signer may be considered. In this instance, the original applicant's application will be re-submitted along with the guarantor or co-signer's application. Applications for guarantors and co-signers processed through On-Site are also scored, but are typically held to a more stringent, pre-established, though objective, screening standard because guarantors and co-signers are technically responsible for the payments for this residence, as well as their own place of residence.

INCOME VERIFICATION
Written verification of income in an amount equal to 45.0 times the monthly rent per household will be required, along with any necessary supporting documents.

RESIDENCE VERIFICATION
Management reserves the right to verify the applicant's residence history.

CRIMINAL CHARGES/CONVICTIONS
Applicants charged convicted for certain felony and misdemeanor offenses may not be approved for residency, depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.

EVICTIONS
Applicants who have been a party to an eviction proceeding may not be approved for residency, depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.

DENIAL POLICY
If your application is denied due to unfavorable information received on your screening report you may:

• Contact On-Site to discuss your application and identify any unfavorable information.
• Supply On-Site with proof of any incorrect or incomplete information.
• Request that On-Site re-evaluate and re-report your screening information and rental score to Management
HOW YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR RENTAL SCORE
Your rental score results from information found in your credit report, criminal history, references, and application data. Such information may include your history of paying bills and rent, the accounts you have, collections and delinquencies, income and debt.

Your rental score may change if the underlying information it is based upon changes. To improve your score, concentrate on paying your bills on time, paying down outstanding balances, and removing incorrect information. Your chances of approval may also improve if you apply for an apartment with lower monthly rent, or use a guarantor or co-signer if permitted by Management.

HOW YOU CAN REMOVE INCORRECT INFORMATION
On-Site is committed to accuracy and will investigate any information you dispute. Contact our Renter Relations team at (877) 222-0384. If we agree that you have provided sufficient proof of your claim, we will promptly make appropriate adjustments. Download the form on our site for details.

Last edited by thunderblue; 05-03-2018 at 12:40 PM..

Old 05-04-2018, 01:37 PM

68 posts, read 120,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Update: Interesting Info to Share about Alvista

So the developers of Alvista are using Onsite.com to screen the applicants. Here are some criteria I found on the website:

RENTAL SCORE
All applications are submitted to On-Site.com, a third-party rental applicant screening company. All applications are evaluated based on an objective rental scoring system. Rental scoring is based on real data and statistic statistical data such as payment history, quantity and type of accounts, outstanding debt, and age of accounts. Every applicant is treated objectively because each application is scored statistically in exactly the same manner.

The rental scoring system will compare your application to On-Site's database, and by evaluating those statistics and real data in accordance with pre-established criteria set by Management, On-Site will recommend one of the following:

• Accepted. The applicant will be accepted with the standard deposits and fees.
• Accepted with Conditions. Depending on the community's policy, the applicant may be given the option to pay an additional security deposit,
• Denied. The application will not be accepted. The applicant will be provided with contact information for the consumer reporting agencies that provided the consumer information.
GUARANTORS/CO-SIGNERS
If On-Site recommends "Accepted with Conditions" or "Denial," a guarantor or co-signer may be considered. In this instance, the original applicant's application will be re-submitted along with the guarantor or co-signer's application. Applications for guarantors and co-signers processed through On-Site are also scored, but are typically held to a more stringent, pre-established, though objective, screening standard because guarantors and co-signers are technically responsible for the payments for this residence, as well as their own place of residence.

INCOME VERIFICATION
Written verification of income in an amount equal to 45.0 times the monthly rent per household will be required, along with any necessary supporting documents.

RESIDENCE VERIFICATION
Management reserves the right to verify the applicant's residence history.

CRIMINAL CHARGES/CONVICTIONS
Applicants charged convicted for certain felony and misdemeanor offenses may not be approved for residency, depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.

EVICTIONS
Applicants who have been a party to an eviction proceeding may not be approved for residency, depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.

DENIAL POLICY
If your application is denied due to unfavorable information received on your screening report you may:

• Contact On-Site to discuss your application and identify any unfavorable information.
• Supply On-Site with proof of any incorrect or incomplete information.
• Request that On-Site re-evaluate and re-report your screening information and rental score to Management
HOW YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR RENTAL SCORE
Your rental score results from information found in your credit report, criminal history, references, and application data. Such information may include your history of paying bills and rent, the accounts you have, collections and delinquencies, income and debt.

Your rental score may change if the underlying information it is based upon changes. To improve your score, concentrate on paying your bills on time, paying down outstanding balances, and removing incorrect information. Your chances of approval may also improve if you apply for an apartment with lower monthly rent, or use a guarantor or co-signer if permitted by Management.

HOW YOU CAN REMOVE INCORRECT INFORMATION
On-Site is committed to accuracy and will investigate any information you dispute. Contact our Renter Relations team at (877) 222-0384. If we agree that you have provided sufficient proof of your claim, we will promptly make appropriate adjustments. Download the form on our site for details.
Thanks for the information, but could you please let us know where you got this from? Thanks

Old 05-04-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
Thanks for the information, but could you please let us know where you got this from? Thanks
Here is the Screenshot. You can go to on-site.com and search for Alvista to find it. I am fairly positive On-site is the company who will be doing the main job of picking applicants.

Alvista towers, queens affordable housing-capture-onsite.com.jpg

Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 AM

I could not verify the truthfulness of this statement but I found it on Google regarding Alvista Towers, one applicant said about a week ago:

"There's no wait list, it's a matter of qualifying. I was told that interviews have been extended into the summer because a lot of applicants aren't completing paperwork requirements and others can't pass the credit and background checks. The building's interior isn't complete; I was told it should be finished by early fall and if so, I'd have an answer by then I'd chosen for residency."

Old 05-07-2018, 09:39 AM

15 posts, read 29,646 times
Going off on thunderblue - per the reviews and Q&A on google about Alvista Towers, it seems as if they are currently conducting background and credit checks. One person said they received a call about lifting something on their credit, which indicates they must be pulling applicants credit. Additionally, another person wrote that one of the interviewers told them the building will be done in June and a construction worker told them June 15th.

Not sure if there's any truth to this, but just wanted to pass along some info I recently read as I've been stalking any and all information containing to this lottery! Good luck everyone!!

Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 AM

25 posts, read 45,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
I could not verify the truthfulness of this statement but I found it on Google regarding Alvista Towers, one applicant said about a week ago:

"There's no wait list, it's a matter of qualifying. I was told that interviews have been extended into the summer because a lot of applicants aren't completing paperwork requirements and others can't pass the credit and background checks. The building's interior isn't complete; I was told it should be finished by early fall and if so, I'd have an answer by then I'd chosen for residency."
Somebody also mentioned(3 Days Ago):

"My interview was yesterday they told me june. And the constrution workers told me june 15th people supose to be moving in but they not finished yet"

I haven't been able to verify truthfulness to this comment neither but it makes me wonder why everybody is receiving different information

Old 05-07-2018, 09:53 AM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times
hmmm, my credit report was pulled just this Saturday. I got a notification from Experian that an inquiry from "on site manager" was added to my report. Don't know if the pull was for Alvista or another complex I'm being considered for because they both use On Site. June is almost here so hopefully they'll get back to everyone soon!

Old 05-07-2018, 10:02 AM

Interestingly, I also saw one post by someone last week who said she received something called a "rental report" from Alvista that details her background and credit check. She was basically saying that she is confused as to what happens next. I asked her (along with some others) what was in the report and whether it says if she was approved, but now I can't find her post. Looks like it was deleted from the FAQ, or maybe she purposely deleted it.

I think it is pretty safe to say that Alvista has already started running background and credit checks, and the interview process is its final phase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery