Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 01:27 PM

319 posts, read 401,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
@NYC4US

I can wait too. I don’t qualify for most of these lotteries. I was over the moon that I was selected. When I went to my interview, the guy was doing his crazy calculations and I almost didn’t make it into the 165% AMI!! I wish I made as much as he was calculating. I don’t know how they come up with these numbers!?!?? I’ll wait while I keep my feelers out for non lotteries. This place is just perfectly located for me and the amenities don’t hurt, lol.

I just spoke to a friend that use to work with DoB, he explained that although the building isn’t move in ready, they will have to update the status by August because that is when this temporary certificate expires. We should have a better idea of move in dates then if not before.
yeah hope you and i get selected.
love the amenities so far for sure.
it's gonna be 40 mns away from work but i can manage
better than living with my dad plus it's time for me to go. i'd be 28 this year and before you know it i'm 30.
i make the 120+ AMI
gonna be suck to spend 1600 a month though but worth it
hope i'm on the highest floor lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 01:42 PM

68 posts, read 120,727 times
What are the amenities - are the laundry in unit? This building is only rented through the lottery and will not be rented out for market rate right? Do you think the building will be well maintained - will the lowest income bracket damage/ruin the building?

Old 05-23-2018, 02:23 PM

47 posts, read 69,437 times
The rent is doable but it’s a nice chunk a change. My friend at the DoB pointed out to me that the apartments on the 25th floor are going to be huge. There are only 10. On floors 3 - 5 they’ve crammed in 19. On the other floors there are only 16. I think the 25th floor is going to be the “who you know” floor. I don’t care ��*♀️. I’m just happy to be nominated, I don’t need the Oscar, lol.

Yes, it seems as if all the apartments have been allotted for the lottery. And I don’t believe lowest income people will automatically be people that make a building bad. Ratchet people are just ratchet at all income levels. It’s just easier to blame the people that have less. At least in my experience.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:34 PM

68 posts, read 120,727 times
Quote:
The rent is doable but it’s a nice chunk a change. My friend at the DoB pointed out to me that the apartments on the 25th floor are going to be huge. There are only 10. On floors 3 - 5 they’ve crammed in 19. On the other floors there are only 16. I think the 25th floor is going to be the “who you know” floor. I don’t care ��*♀️. I’m just happy to be nominated, I don’t need the Oscar, lol.

Yes, it seems as if all the apartments have been allotted for the lottery. And I don’t believe lowest income people will automatically be people that make a building bad. Ratchet people are just ratchet at all income levels. It’s just easier to blame the people that have less. At least in my experience.
That's good to know, thanks for the information.

I agree that ratchet people are going to be ratchet, but it is more likely that the lower income bands to have maximum occupancy for their unit. During my interview, I witnessed a lot of hood/ratchet interviewees arguing with the interviewers. 95/379 of the units will be given to those in 60% and lower AMI, hopefully they will be good responsible neighbors.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:42 PM

25 posts, read 45,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
What are the amenities - are the laundry in unit? This building is only rented through the lottery and will not be rented out for market rate right? Do you think the building will be well maintained - will the lowest income bracket damage/ruin the building?
The amenities are:

Laundry Lounge with card operated machines, Playroom, Outdoor Courtyard (Partial 2nd Fl), Bike Storage, Fitness Center, Yoga Room, Business Center, Rooftop Terrace, and Indoor Lounge with Outdoor Terrace.

They're listed on the poster/flyer/ad: http://ablenews.com/wp-content/uploa...d-10-25-17.pdf

Old 05-23-2018, 02:53 PM

20 posts, read 47,583 times
Quote:

I agree with you 100%

Old 05-23-2018, 11:14 PM

10 posts, read 16,058 times
Hello Everyone,

So i just wanted to know, being waitlisted means a no?

I’m wondering because i meet the 5% municipal employee preference and i live in the community board

I did have a high log number 30,###

I had my interview in april. but now i have an email saying waitlisted. Bummer..

Old 05-24-2018, 07:58 AM

133 posts, read 180,240 times
I think they are wait listing people with high log numbers , processing the Ones that have low log numbers and who ever don’t pass credit and back ground check will be disqualified and that’s when the wait list come into role.. I have not recieved a wait list letter I interviewed in March I qualified for studio and one bedroom 50 and 60 ami no credit check yet I have no preference

Old 05-24-2018, 08:02 AM

885 posts, read 1,378,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasha121 View Post
Hello Everyone,

So i just wanted to know, being waitlisted means a no?

I’m wondering because i meet the 5% municipal employee preference and i live in the community board

I did have a high log number 30,###

I had my interview in april. but now i have an email saying waitlisted. Bummer..
I'd say it means "Maybe... most likely in the future"

Since there's only 5% of the units for municipal employees and your log number is pretty high, I'm sure there were enough applicants approved with lower log numbers to fill those 5% of the apartments.

Ditto with the community board preference. They did say 50% of the units would be offered to folks that live in the same community board but again, your log number is high. So you should keep applying to other lotteries that you qualify for and just keep this one in you back pocket for safe keeping because you never know! they may call you soon but then again they may not... don't lose any sleep over it!

Old 05-24-2018, 09:47 AM

158 posts, read 251,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
I'd say it means "Maybe... most likely in the future"

Since there's only 5% of the units for municipal employees and your log number is pretty high, I'm sure there were enough applicants approved with lower log numbers to fill those 5% of the apartments.

Ditto with the community board preference. They did say 50% of the units would be offered to folks that live in the same community board but again, your log number is high. So you should keep applying to other lotteries that you qualify for and just keep this one in you back pocket for safe keeping because you never know! they may call you soon but then again they may not... don't lose any sleep over it!
How about someone who was income qualified, credit & background check done and came out clean, has CB preference & a fairly high log number and then got waitlisted?

Last edited by thunderblue; 05-24-2018 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery