Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 04:00 PM

20 posts, read 47,593 times

Advertisements

Maybe all applicants were waitlisted to place us in a status. To show some sort of progress on their end and to prevent us from calling idk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 04:35 PM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times
Quick question... for you folks who received a waitlist notice, Which ami band are you in? I'm thinking certain bands had a ton of applicants/interviews thus resulting in a lot of folks being waitlisted. I got a credit pull and still haven't heard anything. I'm in the 120 ami band

Old 05-21-2018, 04:49 PM

8 posts, read 13,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Quick question... for you folks who received a waitlist notice, Which ami band are you in? I'm thinking certain bands had a ton of applicants/interviews thus resulting in a lot of folks being waitlisted. I got a credit pull and still haven't heard anything. I'm in the 120 ami band
I’m in the 50-60

Old 05-21-2018, 07:38 PM

29 posts, read 72,520 times
There could have been a lot of applicants for a certain AMI, like someone stated.

But the amount of money orders DOES add up. And they KEEP that money...

Not sure why they would interview so many people though.

I'm still iffy about the area -- so I'm on the fence about how I'll feel if I get wait listed.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:40 PM

133 posts, read 180,335 times
Has anyone that got Interviewed in the end of March got their credit pull as of yet ? I interviewed March 28 still waiting for credit check 😩 log number 23XX

Old 05-21-2018, 09:35 PM

885 posts, read 1,382,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycapples1 View Post
I’m in the 50-60
Yes, I read somewhere that the 60 ami band always has the most applicants for these lotteries, that could be a factor in you getting waitlisted. But it's not totally over! Some folks may not qualify when they go in to see/accept an apartment (most developments require you to submit more recent paystubs to make sure you're still within the income limits at that point) others may have issues getting the rent and deposit money together. So in these instances they can go to the waitlist for additional applicants who qualify.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 PM

47 posts, read 69,483 times
I think Ninicakes has hit on something. It seems as if they are clearing each AMI in order. I’m figuring they interview so many people because a lot of people don’t pass the interview process and then another percentage don’t pass the background and credit check.

Don’t despair about being waitlisted. Some people may have moved on already.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,241 times
It is strange because my log is 30xxx I was interviewed Feb 16, 2018 I submitted everything. I recently received a waitlist email but 2 weeks ago and I got a called for K&R Realty they asked for another 7 current pay stubs. My credit doesn't show its been pulled either. So the lower the log number the better the chances. Good luck to everyone.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:05 AM

15 posts, read 29,646 times
I don't think it's going by log numbers, because mine is 39,XXX and I haven't received a wait list notice. I think as NiniCakes mentioned it probably goes by AMI bands, as too much people interviewed and qualified for certain AMI bands. For myself, I qualify for multiple units across 120, 130 and 160 AMI bands so my odds could significantly higher for that reason. I do not receive notifications if my credit has been pulled, so I cannot comment and say that is has or hasn't been pulled.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:34 AM

27 posts, read 46,423 times
i had my interview march 28 my log is 10xxx and i am in the ami60% and i got a email yesterday that i am in the waiting list SMH my credit has not been pulled . this sucks so very upset hopefully i get a email since my log #is not so high
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery