Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 11:35 AM

36 posts, read 71,251 times

Advertisements

Thanks Thunderblue! I'm defo weighing my pros and cons here. At this point I'd only be eligible for the studio apartment at the 165 ami. I'm a manhattan girl and my job is in manhattan not sure if it would be worth it for me to go to queens for a studio apartment. Although the layout looks very nice and it comes with great amenities. I'm just not sure and I like convenience. Also it's surprising that the studio floor plan has a terrace. That space could be used for a bedroom? lol I just don't know. This process has been so frustrating and long...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 12:14 PM

47 posts, read 69,483 times
So I just saw the apartments. I know three are bigger apartments because although the layout is exactly as pictured it seems smaller. Average closets. They showed me an apartment with 2 bathrooms and then one with a huge ass terrace. The terrace could have been an extra bedroom. The amenities are excellent. The laundry room has lounge and a terrace and makes that text you when they're done. Ridiculous. The garage isn't done and will be handled by another company. Im wavering about requesting a different unit. The guys were the developers so they have no clue about lottery assignment. They just show you what leasing agent tells them to.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:45 PM

32 posts, read 39,188 times
Great Info LowShay....So the unit that you were able to see today, was that the unit that they are offering/assigned to you?
Are you able to request a new unit if for any reason you are not satisfied with the one being shown?
How much time did they inform you have to move forward to accept the apt and sign the lease?
And last, Did they inform you the overall cost for any of the amenities?
I'm sorry I'm asking 300 questions.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:53 PM

30 posts, read 49,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
So I just saw the apartments. I know three are bigger apartments because although the layout is exactly as pictured it seems smaller. Average closets. They showed me an apartment with 2 bathrooms and then one with a huge ass terrace. The terrace could have been an extra bedroom. The amenities are excellent. The laundry room has lounge and a terrace and makes that text you when they're done. Ridiculous. The garage isn't done and will be handled by another company. Im wavering about requesting a different unit. The guys were the developers so they have no clue about lottery assignment. They just show you what leasing agent tells them to.
Fantastic info LowShay! In your opinion was it worth the 165 % AMI prices though?

Also, do you have your choice of size? For example, I qualify for both a studio and one bedroom, but want a one bedroom, do they let you choose?

Old 08-03-2018, 01:00 PM

68 posts, read 120,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
Hey, 120% Studio/1Br and 130% Studio here. What was the timeline like? My current lease ends in December so I am seeing if I need to find a sublease or will the be able to hold the unit for a few months. Only select units have terrace/balcony or do all units have them/

Old 08-03-2018, 01:15 PM

17 posts, read 24,279 times
Mimosas tomorrow at the grand opening!! Just saw the floor plans online. The studio apartment has a Terrace that's 437 SF, which is bigger than the actual studio itself. I would move anywhere for a terrace like that!

Old 08-03-2018, 01:17 PM

15 posts, read 19,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Hi misshoney, congratulations! What is your log range again?
18xx city and CB preference

Thank you !

Old 08-03-2018, 01:35 PM

319 posts, read 401,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misshoneyy View Post
18xx city and CB preference

Thank you !
close to my log
except i have no cb
i'm happy for you though and good luck

Old 08-03-2018, 01:55 PM

47 posts, read 69,483 times
Please, ask away I'll answer and find out all I can.

The unit with the terrace was the unit currently assigned to me. The developer and th e super were unable to give me leasing information. I did inquire about a unit with the 2nd bathroom AND the terrace and was told that i could make a request through the leasing office. They only show the mock ups and then your assigned unit. The apartments from 15th floor and up are currently unavailable. They won't be done until the end of August. This could be the reason for the slow rentals. Only 5 people have moved in as of today. The biggest apartments are on the 25th floor.

I will be getting back with my agent today to finalize move in dates. I originally requested the 16th and he told me that would work as long as my city approval came through. I will ask him about the flexibility of it for you Citygirl. I didn't get the exact amount for amenities. It is a package thing, exclusive of parking. I just confirmed if I could pay it yearly instead of a monthly fee.

@Nativebagel I qualified for all apartments in 165. I was asked a few weeks ago which I preferred. And I was asked to confirm that choice prior to city approval. Is it worth it? If it's going to stretch your budget, no it's not worth it. The living room size made me hesitate. The terrace made me reconsider. The amenities made it doable. The amount of time it took me to get into Manhattan (25minutes) sold me. If writing that check every month is going to make you wince, it's not worth it. But check it out you have to make that decision for yourself.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:14 PM

32 posts, read 39,188 times
@LowShay...You are truly amazing, thank you so much for shedding light on this tedious/ extremely exhausting process. Every bit of information is SO helpful I truly appreciate it, and that goes for everyone in this forum thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery