Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 02:23 PM

68 posts, read 120,785 times

Advertisements

NativeBagel - if you are 165%, you should just go apply directly through the building, there is no difference as the rent will be the same. You'll get first picks.

RussJay - what % AMI are you? I feel like they might've given you a b/s answer as no one under 165% AMI has gotten an offer yet. If you are 165% you might as well go apply directly - their leasing agent on site (does not work for K&R - instead works for building owner) works a lot faster than K&R).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 03:40 PM

7 posts, read 10,147 times
So I received an email from K&R asking me to submit updated paperwork in order to process my application. Not sure how to feel cuz the wait has been so long. I have CB Preference 8***

Old 08-06-2018, 04:19 PM

158 posts, read 251,444 times
@ufun88

I think that is great news and congratulations! They first rejected you for credit reasons but it was a mistake on their part right? What AMI do you belong to?

Old 08-06-2018, 04:39 PM

11 posts, read 14,225 times
SmallTownKidInABigCity - I am in the 120% AMI and I do fall into the 165% AMI but it`s definitely not worth the price to me. I honestly rather stay in Harlem for those prices, especially since I work in midtown. Thank you for your response.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:42 PM

11 posts, read 14,225 times
afewquestions - Thank you for your response. I am going to try and go another route to get another update because I feel like it`s BS. I will definitely keep you guys updated.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:47 PM

7 posts, read 10,147 times
@thunderblue

Back in June I was rejected for credit reasons which was an error on their end because I never had bad credit. I appealed and was temporarily waitlisted until K&R could get their act together. I was told by Hpd that I had a great chance of getting a unit since I had CB Preference and a low log number. I qualify for the 60%ami. Mind you I interviewed for another lottery on Friday and brought in the money order for the credit check today but this building is in Astoria. Great location but doesn’t offer all the amenities Alvista offers so let’s see what happens

Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 PM

6 posts, read 7,833 times
it get confusing when you think one person is working on your files than get an email from someone completely different asking for more document Something i recently Observed.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:58 AM

39 posts, read 51,564 times
I keep getting the same response. Everything is in final review and i will be contacted if needed for missing documents and they will let me know if im waitlisted or if theres a unit available.

Im in the 50% AMI .... Log 26XX .... do you think i have a chance still? Interviewed in MAY but never got a credit pull

Old 08-07-2018, 08:10 AM

133 posts, read 180,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleys821 View Post
I keep getting the same response. Everything is in final review and i will be contacted if needed for missing documents and they will let me know if im waitlisted or if theres a unit available.

Im in the 50% AMI .... Log 26XX .... do you think i have a chance still? Interviewed in MAY but never got a credit pull
Me too log number 23XX I have not yet got a credit pull

Old 08-07-2018, 08:29 AM

39 posts, read 51,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenken93 View Post
Me too log number 23XX I have not yet got a credit pull
Are you also 50% AMI?

I Qualified for either the 1br or Studio.

I Just wish they didnt take so long At lease give us closure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery