Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 01:51 PM

319 posts, read 401,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshoneyy View Post
Don't give up guys, it's a LONG and annoying process but possible. It takes alot of phone calls to whoever is handling your file. Stay on top of them. Call 212 360 5092 and inquire at least once a week.

I move in Wednesday. Hope to see you soon neighbors !
JUST CALLED THEM
they said to just wait until they'd call me if they come to my log LOL
i am so done. it's whatever at this point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 02:48 PM

36 posts, read 71,163 times
@ Misshoney which unit were you approved for? I was approved for the studio and I view the apartment this week. I'm not sure what I will do next not sure if a studio is worth it. I live in manhattan my commute will be long...

Old 08-13-2018, 02:53 PM

15 posts, read 19,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluv90 View Post
@ Misshoney which unit were you approved for? I was approved for the studio and I view the apartment this week. I'm not sure what I will do next not sure if a studio is worth it. I live in manhattan my commute will be long...

I was approved for a two bedroom unit. It's very small. Your commute to Manhattan shouldn't be an issue , the LIRR , e, j, and z ( if it still exists forgive me I don't take the train ) is right there. If a studio works for you , take it the building is beautiful.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:16 PM

36 posts, read 71,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misshoneyy View Post
I was approved for a two bedroom unit. It's very small. Your commute to Manhattan shouldn't be an issue , the LIRR , e, j, and z ( if it still exists forgive me I don't take the train ) is right there. If a studio works for you , take it the building is beautiful.
We shall see.. My job is in manhattan so that something I'd have to factor in. I know for all of those amenities im not going to get it in manhattan unless im on a 5 year waiting list. I was originally in the lower tier but they claimed there may not be any units available by the time they would reach my log #. The building looks nice from the pictures but I'd like to take a look at the unit myself and then make a choice.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:20 PM

15 posts, read 19,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluv90 View Post
We shall see.. My job is in manhattan so that something I'd have to factor in. I know for all of those amenities im not going to get it in manhattan unless im on a 5 year waiting list. I was originally in the lower tier but they claimed there may not be any units available by the time they would reach my log #. The building looks nice from the pictures but I'd like to take a look at the unit myself and then make a choice.

Keep in mind the amenities you will see come with a cost. 400 for the year

Old 08-13-2018, 03:25 PM

9 posts, read 10,492 times
I am mobility impaired and log 50XX. anyone seen a mobility impaired apartment? how do you make an appointment to view an apartment? glad to hear that it's a beautiful building...congrats to all who have been approved and moving in!! good luck and God Bless!!

Old 08-14-2018, 08:04 AM

30 posts, read 49,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagemini View Post
I am mobility impaired and log 50XX. anyone seen a mobility impaired apartment? how do you make an appointment to view an apartment? glad to hear that it's a beautiful building...congrats to all who have been approved and moving in!! good luck and God Bless!!
Hi Lisagemini! I toured a few apartments at the open house. They said all apartments are ADA-accessible no matter the size. I don't know the specifics, but the bathrooms are big and the doorways seem wide etc.

I do not know if there are specific apartments that have lower cabinets or handicapped-accessible showers etc., but because they're a brand new building, they have to abide by the ADA. Hope that helps!

Old 08-14-2018, 11:31 AM

6 posts, read 7,132 times
This process is sooo frustrating! I had my interview in February and I received my rental report in April. Every time I call, they give me a different date about receiving a notification. However, I just called and the representative has no clue when they will get to my log number. At this point, I think I will just give up!

Old 08-14-2018, 11:35 AM

9 posts, read 10,492 times
thank you..God Bless.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyorkminute View Post
I'm also very concerned about the area. I've been reading nightmare stories on the level of crime in the area where the building is at. I also read that there are emense number of swipers around the turnstiles. Can anyone that lives in the area enlighten me?

Jamaica is a large area and the 103 precinct covers a larger area. There is no place that you're going to live in NYC that you are 100% safe. Crime happens all over. That particular area is a high volume area with visible police presence, so its not just crime happening in broad daylight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery