Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2018, 04:16 PM

158 posts, read 251,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Star View Post
This is sooo frustrating. I emailed again for a status on my application. I was informed that they emailed me requesting more documents but I didn't respond within 5 days so I am no longer qualified. They did not email me. In fact, I emailed them asking for an update coincidentally the day after they claimed they emailed me and I received a generic response from them.
You should give them a call and speak about it. This is crazy. What is your log range and when did you interview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 05:20 PM

47 posts, read 69,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Star View Post
This is sooo frustrating. I emailed again for a status on my application. I was informed that they emailed me requesting more documents but I didn't respond within 5 days so I am no longer qualified. They did not email me. In fact, I emailed them asking for an update coincidentally the day after they claimed they emailed me and I received a generic response from them.
You need to appeal that.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenken93 View Post
Hey guys no update with Alvista Towers but I did receive a letter requesting me to sechedule an interview however it’s a different development 33 bond st phase 2..What happens if I fall between 2 income brakets
Congrats KenKen!! That’s a very nice development nicely situated in Brooklyn.
You mean the brackets determining apartment size? If it’s apartment size, they ask you which you prefer and work from there. Two different AMI’s, I don’t know.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:40 AM

4 posts, read 8,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewquestions View Post
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, management asked for updated documents and said it was being sent off. They didn't say where it was being sent off, but I assume it means the "city." I originally interviewed in March and my log # is in the 6xxx.
What updated documents did they ask for? Did you have to resubmit everything all over again?

Old 07-31-2018, 08:51 AM

9 posts, read 11,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
You need to appeal that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
You should give them a call and speak about it. This is crazy. What is your log range and when did you interview?
Log #5xxxx I interviewed in May. I've emailed them multiple times for an update and received the same generic response everyone else did. They claim I had 5 days to respond from June 11th. We are almost in august, if they emailed me like the claim, I should have received something in the mail and the option to appeal by now.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertothepeople101 View Post
I sent an email to her. Still waiting :/
Any update on this? Any reply?

Old 07-31-2018, 10:27 AM

319 posts, read 401,626 times
new crappy messages when you email them
Hello

Thank you for contacting us.

We are currently in the process of reviewing and completing applications for final review.

Once we review your application, if there are any documents missing, we will contact you and ask that you please re-submit.

Otherwise, your application is complete and is in final review.

We will contact you to let you know if we have an unit available to offer you or if you will be placed on our wait list.

Good Luck and thank you for your patience.

Cordially,

Old 07-31-2018, 10:34 AM

I find this email response a bit ridiculous. Why should there be any documents missing when the interviewer clearly told applicants what to bring and usually on the 2nd trip people submitted everything they wanted. Applications are in final stage which is a great news even though it's late but if someone is missing documents now, it will be a hell of a delay. I triple-checked my document package and made sure it was complete. I hope everyone else did the same.

And I am not prepared to resubmit everything if they delay it more than 120 days.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:47 AM

319 posts, read 401,626 times
Quote:
I find this email response a bit ridiculous. Why should there be any documents missing when the interviewer clearly told applicants what to bring and usually on the 2nd trip people submitted everything they wanted. Applications are in final stage which is a great news even though it's late but if someone is missing documents now, it will be a hell of a delay. I triple-checked my document package and made sure it was complete. I hope everyone else did the same.

And I am not prepared to resubmit everything if they delay it more than 120 days.
yeah they made sure i included everything
idk why they would ask anything
how they are in the final review if they haven't run credit yet
sounds like i'm not getting selected LOL

Old 07-31-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:

When I interviewed in March I hadn’t filed my taxes. They accepted my W2’s and prior year taxes. So when they actually reviewed my documents they requested my current years tax returns because they weren't in my file. That’s the type of missing documentation thing they are looking for I think and of course stuff they may have misplaced. For the 120 day update, they only wanted my current pay stubs and bank statements. It’s not as detailed as the initial documentation requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery