Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 09:07 AM

319 posts, read 401,117 times

Advertisements

they are opening this thing to the public while people are who applied has not even got their credit pulled
this is so fking nuts
seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 10:17 AM

36 posts, read 71,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
they are opening this thing to the public while people are who applied has not even got their credit pulled
this is so fking nuts
seriously
I know I find that so unfair and crazy. I spoke to someone last week had I known this I would have asked why are you guys opening this up to the public all of a sudden? Something is not right...

Old 07-24-2018, 11:20 AM

30 posts, read 49,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluv90 View Post
I know I find that so unfair and crazy. I spoke to someone last week had I known this I would have asked why are you guys opening this up to the public all of a sudden? Something is not right...
Also how is it allowed if the building is supposed to be 100% affordable and through the NYC Housing Connect Lottery?......I'm genuinely confused.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:28 AM

158 posts, read 251,327 times
@NativeBagel

Exactly what I was thinking!

"IMMEDIATE OCCUPANCY AVAILABLE" for who? People took day off and came in for interviews back in March and they haven't even run credit/background checks for them. And now these apartments are available to the public.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:43 AM

30 posts, read 49,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
@NativeBagel

Exactly what I was thinking!

"IMMEDIATE OCCUPANCY AVAILABLE" for who? People took day off and came in for interviews back in March and they haven't even run credit/background checks for them. And now these apartments are available to the public.
Right! Honestly it just strikes me as super shady if they're trying to get tenants from outside the lottery...I received the email for the immediate occupancy last week, emailed back right away and nothing yet, I honestly just don't know what they're doing at this point but I hope the city is overseeing it to make sure it's fairand compliant!

Old 07-24-2018, 11:50 AM

yeah this not good at all
worst lottery so far
I was really excited for this too.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:56 AM

7 posts, read 10,145 times
This confirms what I said earlier. It was all a scam. It’s ashame how these people wasted people’s time and money knowing that they wanted to rent these apartments at market rate.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM

9 posts, read 11,613 times
I emailed yesterday asking about the new web page. The staff didn't even know about it. They asked for the site and a screen shot. I then got a reply stating that for some of the high AMI units, they are reaching out to the public and it does not change of affect my application in anyway. Still doesn't make sense to me because I qualify for the high AMI units.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:41 PM

47 posts, read 69,436 times
They are using a loophole that applies to housing above the 120% AMI. They are considered middle income so some of the rules vary. That on top of my sneaking suspicion that they can’t fill the 165% AMI group, makes the fact that they are searching for occupants via regular advertisement not surprising. As long as they assign the other apartments in the quantities stipulated in the original contract with HPD they are golden. I just hope someone is keeping an eye on them to make sure they do that. They already made a “mistake” once. Who’s to say that didn’t happen because they were trying to get over.

I’m excited for the people who have been forwarded to HPD. You’re in!! Post pictures of the apartment!

@NativeBagel, great find on the Alvista poster!! From the picture, the apartments look great!

Old 07-24-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
They are using a loophole that applies to housing above the 120% AMI. They are considered middle income so some of the rules vary. That on top of my sneaking suspicion that they can’t fill the 165% AMI group, makes the fact that they are searching for occupants via regular advertisement not surprising. As long as they assign the other apartments in the quantities stipulated in the original contract with HPD they are golden. I just hope someone is keeping an eye on them to make sure they do that. They already made a “mistake” once. Who’s to say that didn’t happen because they were trying to get over.

I’m excited for the people who have been forwarded to HPD. You’re in!! Post pictures of the apartment!

@NativeBagel, great find on the Alvista poster!! From the picture, the apartments look great!
not many people will quality for 2500 dollars apartments. they need to reduce them and give them to other AMI
i'm in the 120-130AMI i'd be surprised if they have enough apartment for my band.
i'm sad and pissed at the same time but you know it was never a guarantee thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery