Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 01:49 PM

319 posts, read 401,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBagel View Post
Hello, does anyone think it's worth it to email if we haven't heard anything yet or just assume I'm not getting it?

I interviewed in April, Log #27,XXX 120-165% AMI, no community preference.
stopped carrying really
i have lower log than you 20k 120+ as well no preference
i don't think at this point i should have any hope for this
my interview was in april as well
no check
hope i get selected or at least interview for other ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 01:50 PM

10 posts, read 14,082 times
No harm in writing to let them know you are still alive. Don't expect more than a canned response though.

I have a much higher log # than you, but I interviewed in March and they did background/credit in April. I was happy to learn that I have excellent credit and I'm not a terrorist or a sex offender. I wrote them in June and just got the standard "we are still processing files" email. Haven't heard anything else since.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:07 AM

158 posts, read 251,403 times
@TallVenusian

This is what's bothering almost everyone. They interviewed candidates, did credit and background checks, sent a rental report, and then many got waitlisted. According to the rules, credit and background checks should only be done if an apartment can be made available if the applicant is approved by the city.

If they checked your information in April, it's 3 months now already. They will probably end up asking for updated information once 120 days have passed. This delay is ridiculous.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:01 PM

133 posts, read 180,294 times
I wonder did they really start movin people in

Old 07-20-2018, 05:12 PM

32 posts, read 39,179 times
OMG SO THIS HAPPENED TODAY!!!!!!!

UNITS AVAILABLE AT HIGHEST AMI TIER

Re: Alvista Towers Lottery
Log #: 2XXXX

Dear Applicant:

According to the household size and income provided on your housing connect application, you qualify for multiple rent tiers of available units. There are units available for immediate occupancy at the highest (165%) rent tier. If you are interested in proceeding at the 165% of AMI income range whose rents and incomes are listed below, we can process your application now. If not, you will be placed back on the list according to your log number for the lower-tier units, which have applicants ahead of you. There is no guarantee that a lower-tier unit will be available when we reach your log number.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:28 PM

17 posts, read 24,276 times
I received the same email today. Here's my issue with it. Under the 120% a studio is $1329. 1 bedroom $1666.
So , if i elect to proceed at the 165% , then the studio will go up to $1729. 1 bedroom, $2100. Am sure there is no difference in the units other than the price. Just doesn't some fair to me. I just want to see these units. So , I may just proceed at the higher aim and take it from there.
I wonder if they can't fill this units in the 165 aim. Or if they have more applicant's in the 120 instead. Am thinking they just want to fill the top aim. So they are saying there may not be any units left in the lower one. This is very upsetting...

Last edited by Jolie1806; 07-20-2018 at 07:04 PM..

Old 07-20-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolie1806 View Post
I received the same email today. Here's my issue with it. Under the 120% a studio is $1329. 1 bedroom $1666.
So , if i elect to proceed at the 165% , then the studio will go up to $1729. 1 bedroom, $2100. Am sure there is no difference in the units other than the price. Just doesn't some fair to me. I just want to see these units. So , I may just proceed at the higher aim and take ot aim there.

@Jolie1806 you are absolutely right, I was stating the same thing to my friends and family..It does seem a bit unfair, (however I do know its our salaries to blame! lol) it's especially hard when you have no time to actually think about your decision or a time line to go on and wait for other AMI's. I wish I was presented with an alternative AMI in addition to 165% ( But everything happens for a reason) I would love to wait for the 120% however it's def a gamble, Im not trying to risk my chance I informed them i would like to move forward, We were presented with a great opportunity, I'm going to trust the process we got this far! (Fingers crossed for us along with everyone else!) :-)

Old 07-20-2018, 09:05 PM

47 posts, read 69,473 times
I got the same email this afternoon. The funny thing for me is that I ONLY qualified for the 165%AMI. This is an obvious attempt to “ get butts in the seats.” They screwed up the initial process so there is going to be a huge delay in getting the lower income tenanats qualified and into the building. If they get people in on the market level tier they can make money and start recouping some of their losses. They’ve changed their website and everything. Alvista Towers They are allowing regular people to register for priority consideration. I agree with the idea that they are having problems filling 165%AMI. For me it’s a no brainer since 165%AMI is my only chance to get in.

Alvista Towers

Old 07-20-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
I got the same email this afternoon. The funny thing for me is that I ONLY qualified for the 165%AMI. This is an obvious attempt to “ get butts in the seats.” They screwed up the initial process so there is going to be a huge delay in getting the lower income tenanats qualified and into the building. If they get people in on the market level tier they can make money and start recouping some of their losses. They’ve changed their website and everything. Alvista Towers They are allowing regular people to register for priority consideration. I agree with the idea that they are having problems filling 165%AMI. For me it’s a no brainer since 165%AMI is my only chance to get in.

Alvista Towers

wow! @LowShay I didn't even know they changed there website, i just looked! I guess they are in Damage Control now...now I'm wondering if i should've waited and be placed back on the list

Old 07-21-2018, 08:22 AM

30 posts, read 49,410 times
LowShay, Jolie 1806 and CityGirl_, I received the same email today. I am interested as well, but it sucks to be at the highest bracket especially when I qualify for lower ones. I emailed back this morning asking for details like move-in date, deposit requirements etc.

Did you get any more details?

Thanks and Good Luck all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery