Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 7,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiqstr View Post
Hello

@NYC4US, I don't have a studio so I'm sorry I can't help with that. Heat and water are included in the tent. You have to pay for electricity. The stove is electric, and there's a heater/AC combo is each unit.

@roscojenkins789, it took about two or so weeks for me to hear whether I was approved by HPD, but that could've been because the realtor wasn't on top of things/taking a long time to follow up.

Thank you. My file was sent to the city last week Friday, so I’m still waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 07:04 AM

34 posts, read 33,536 times
@NYC4US I was approved in two weeks but there was still some time before I moved in. I went to see the unit and after that, I was given a month to move in (I personally had a shorter time to move in because I was traveling and they couldn't give me an extension). And other than my bedroom furniture, I don't have furniture either! So I'm saving/shopping too.

@roscoejenkins789 I was told I was going to hear whether I was approved in a week. When I didn't hear anything, I had to follow up with the realtor (I was advised to do so from a friend who was already in the building). Don't be afraid to follow up/be on top of the realtor if you haven't heard anything.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:39 AM

319 posts, read 401,626 times
Quote:
@NYC4US I was approved in two weeks but there was still some time before I moved in. I went to see the unit and after that, I was given a month to move in (I personally had a shorter time to move in because I was traveling and they couldn't give me an extension). And other than my bedroom furniture, I don't have furniture either! So I'm saving/shopping too.

@roscoejenkins789 I was told I was going to hear whether I was approved in a week. When I didn't hear anything, I had to follow up with the realtor (I was advised to do so from a friend who was already in the building). Don't be afraid to follow up/be on top of the realtor if you haven't heard anything.
Thank you for all the info.
i am saving now
i dont want to use credit to buy stuff so i have to save up.
i just paid off 4k debt and i'm not interested in paying that again
also do you know if the gym is free or paid ? lol

Old 06-25-2019, 07:37 AM

The gym is part of the amenities package that is an extra cost of $400. It's totally worth it as you also get access to the lounge and rooftop.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
The gym is part of the amenities package that is an extra cost of $400. It's totally worth it as you also get access to the lounge and rooftop.
damn that's expensive

is that a month or yearly ?
i just need the gym
not other places

Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM

That's yearly. And if you think of it in monthly payments, which would be around $34 a month, that is how much some people pay for a monthly gym membership, but for that same amount of money, you also get access to two lounges and two outdoor spaces

Old 06-25-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
That's yearly. And if you think of it in monthly payments, which would be around $34 a month, that is how much some people pay for a monthly gym membership, but for that same amount of money, you also get access to two lounges and two outdoor spaces
yeah that's worth it then 400 a year is nothing

I will do it.
my file is sent to the city and alvista sent me the rent report but not credit ?
is it true credit is checked after approval instead ?

Thanks for answering all questions
appreicate it

Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM

32 posts, read 39,188 times
NYC4US, I received my rental report via email the beginning of this month 6/7 to be exact and I didn’t receive anything solely pertaining to only my credit to this date. And I finished the process.

it’s been a while since I last wrote on this forum, It’s been such an exhausting/excruciating experience waiting for this moment! I’m happy to say after suffering and waiting anxiously for months on end lol, I am... FINALLY MOVING IN!!!!
-I had no preference, log # 25,xxx (so there is hope !!! For the rest !!!)
-I received the one bedroom

-First interview: March 2018
-Sent additional info: August 2018
-Then sent again in November 2018
-In April 2019: was Informed they are up to people with log numbers in the 15,000’s
-Heard radio silence until : May 2019

That’s when I was contacted 5/30/19 to resubmit updated 6 paychecks, 6 bank statements, 2018 Tax Returns, 2018 W2’s for the umpteenth time

On: 6/5/2019 I was asked to bring in Money Order At the Harlem office , see my selected floor/unit, re-sign forms for city/ sign off on expenses from other accounts on statements

The next day 6/6/2029 I received an email stating I forgot to sign a form the day before -_- , the form was faxed to me and I emailed back same day .

On 6/17/2019 my file was sent out for city approval

I heard back on: 6/21 that I was approved by the city (super quick!) it was an email congratulating me on city approval!

- On 6/24 I selected a time to tour my unit ( of course accepted what I saw, did a walk through with super.
-
On 6/25 (today) Got my lease via email early this AM(it is 77 pages long) You must pay your security deposit and 1st month rent the same time as well

6/28 - going for Key pick up

So here is is newest run down:

Parking per month $220- you will have to leave your keys with the valet(not a fan of this but hey what can you do).

Amenities: Annually $400
Common Area Rental: $75 per hour (4 hr max) event must end at 10 PM (It is also first come first serve basis pertaining to the reservation component)

Laundry (card based- will alert when your laundry is done can also download app

75 cents - Dryer
$2.00 - Washing Machine

I was able to pick my move in date: 1st week in July

I wish all of you the best of luck and hopefully for some we will eventually be neighbors! If you have any additional questions please feel free to write !

Old 06-25-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl_ View Post
NYC4US, I received my rental report via email the beginning of this month 6/7 to be exact and I didn’t receive anything solely pertaining to only my credit to this date. And I finished the process.

it’s been a while since I last wrote on this forum, It’s been such an exhausting/excruciating experience waiting for this moment! I’m happy to say after suffering and waiting anxiously for months on end lol, I am... FINALLY MOVING IN!!!!
-I had no preference, log # 25,xxx (so there is hope !!! For the rest !!!)
-I received the one bedroom

-First interview: March 2018
-Sent additional info: August 2018
-Then sent again in November 2018
-In April 2019: was Informed they are up to people with log numbers in the 15,000’s
-Heard radio silence until : May 2019

That’s when I was contacted 5/30/19 to resubmit updated 6 paychecks, 6 bank statements, 2018 Tax Returns, 2018 W2’s for the umpteenth time

On: 6/5/2019 I was asked to bring in Money Order At the Harlem office , see my selected floor/unit, re-sign forms for city/ sign off on expenses from other accounts on statements

The next day 6/6/2029 I received an email stating I forgot to sign a form the day before -_- , the form was faxed to me and I emailed back same day .

On 6/17/2019 my file was sent out for city approval

I heard back on: 6/21 that I was approved by the city (super quick!) it was an email congratulating me on city approval!

- On 6/24 I selected a time to tour my unit ( of course accepted what I saw, did a walk through with super.
-
On 6/25 (today) Got my lease via email early this AM(it is 77 pages long) You must pay your security deposit and 1st month rent the same time as well

6/28 - going for Key pick up

So here is is newest run down:

Parking per month $220- you will have to leave your keys with the valet(not a fan of this but hey what can you do).

Amenities: Annually $400
Common Area Rental: $75 per hour (4 hr max) event must end at 10 PM (It is also first come first serve basis pertaining to the reservation component)

Laundry (card based- will alert when your laundry is done can also download app

75 cents - Dryer
$2.00 - Washing Machine

I was able to pick my move in date: 1st week in July

I wish all of you the best of luck and hopefully for some we will eventually be neighbors! If you have any additional questions please feel free to write !
thank you citygirl

this is perfect and really good to know. just wish i knew how big or small the studios are since i have a big a@@ tv and a home theater but i can manage with small space but not too small.
the lady who's doing my file sent it to the city and got the report already only showed the credits have and nothing else.
hope mine is that quick since tomorrow will be the third day.

i only want the gym. i will be home mostly after work and the rest i won't be there.
that first security month will be a pain to pay since i need to buy furnitures. my rent will be 1593 but i have credit so it's ok.i can manage.

my log was 20k and they are calling 4000 people per day
so dont give up

Old 06-26-2019, 01:47 PM

11 posts, read 7,745 times
Quote:

I emailed him like you said and I got the approval yesterday. Thank you so much. My husband is going to view it tomorrow and we’re hoping for a move in date the first week of july
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery