Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 08:51 AM

319 posts, read 400,862 times

Advertisements

Dear Mr. xxx,

Unfortunately, the marketing agent for Alvista Towers contacted applicants prematurely and did not follow the correct order of processing required under the HPD/HDC marketing guidelines. We have confirmed that your log #20xxx has not been reached for further processing, as there are applicants with lower log numbers ahead of you on the log. The units now advertised on their website are the higher tier units that they were unable to fill from the lottery. The rents and income limits for these units can be found on HDC’s website at http://www.nychdc.com/content/pdf/Pr...ts/Alvista.pdf. Based on the information from your application, your income qualifies you for a studio at 120% of AMI and given the number of applicants with lower log numbers still in process it is unlikely that you will be reached. If you believe that you qualify for one of the units that has gone open market, please contact the agent at 646-834-9415 to request an application for one of these units.

In addition, we encourage you to apply for other projects on HDC’s website or on NYC Housing Connect for which you may qualify.

Best regards,

HDC Compliance

Ok officially done with this now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 03:02 PM

10 posts, read 14,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
Dear Mr. xxx,

Unfortunately, the marketing agent for Alvista Towers contacted applicants prematurely and did not follow the correct order of processing required under the HPD/HDC marketing guidelines. We have confirmed that your log #20xxx has not been reached for further processing, as there are applicants with lower log numbers ahead of you on the log. The units now advertised on their website are the higher tier units that they were unable to fill from the lottery. The rents and income limits for these units can be found on HDC’s website at http://www.nychdc.com/content/pdf/Pr...ts/Alvista.pdf. Based on the information from your application, your income qualifies you for a studio at 120% of AMI and given the number of applicants with lower log numbers still in process it is unlikely that you will be reached. If you believe that you qualify for one of the units that has gone open market, please contact the agent at 646-834-9415 to request an application for one of these units.

In addition, we encourage you to apply for other projects on HDC’s website or on NYC Housing Connect for which you may qualify.

Best regards,

HDC Compliance

Ok officially done with this now.
Thanks for posting this. I was hoping against hope that the fact that they pulled my (really good) credit would mean something, but I"m in a similar income bracket and have a much higher log number, so I guess it's time to get on with my life. Since it appears they pulled my credit for no reason though, I feel like I should get a refund.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,850 times
Hi Guys i called and the lady was really rude. She just asked me how many people and said we only have apartments for people with income of $70000 and above and also right now 50% are filled up with disable people application. So guys if your income is less than $70000 and also wants 2 bedroom than i doubt if you have any luck getting an apartment here and if you wanted for 2k then you might be able to get it but nothing cheaper they are only looking at application for people with 120%. Damn i had high hopes and thought i won a housing lottery. She even said you did not won any lottery its just a log number. Money waste, time waste, and had to deal with rude people.

Old 12-14-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerup87 View Post
Hi Guys i called and the lady was really rude. She just asked me how many people and said we only have apartments for people with income of $70000 and above and also right now 50% are filled up with disable people application. So guys if your income is less than $70000 and also wants 2 bedroom than i doubt if you have any luck getting an apartment here and if you wanted for 2k then you might be able to get it but nothing cheaper they are only looking at application for people with 120%. Damn i had high hopes and thought i won a housing lottery. She even said you did not won any lottery its just a log number. Money waste, time waste, and had to deal with rude people.
LOL i'm in 120+ and yet they said this to me today
Good afternoon. We are currently reviewing preference applications in order of log number. Once we meet all the preference quotas, we will go back to the beginning of the log again and review the non-preference applications. You have a decently high log number, so it is hard to say if there will still be units available by the time we get to your log number. If there are, then we will review your application and then reach out to you to discuss moving forward. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Best,
94th Avenue Jamaica, LLC

they are full of shT

Old 12-19-2018, 10:04 AM

133 posts, read 180,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
LOL i'm in 120+ and yet they said this to me today
Good afternoon. We are currently reviewing preference applications in order of log number. Once we meet all the preference quotas, we will go back to the beginning of the log again and review the non-preference applications. You have a decently high log number, so it is hard to say if there will still be units available by the time we get to your log number. If there are, then we will review your application and then reach out to you to discuss moving forward. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Best,
94th Avenue Jamaica, LLC

they are full of shT
I got the same message

Old 12-26-2018, 07:46 AM

39 posts, read 51,539 times
Still haven't gotten my money order refund. its been in the mail since the 12th. I didn't know it takes more than a week to receive mail in New York. Going on week 3 now.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:56 AM

34 posts, read 33,519 times
I don't understand how, after almost a year, they STILL haven't gotten through the preferred applicants. This is so crazy...

Old 01-02-2019, 09:19 AM

RIDICULOUS

Good afternoon,

This is about to be the fifth month I am awaiting a money order refund. As of 12/12/18 you told me it was in the mail and i should get it any day now. It has been 21 additional days. Please give me an accurate answer instead of a run around. Is there someone i can call in regards to this because this is ridiculous.

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
mod cut
Sent: Wed, Dec 12, 2018 4:41 pm
Subject: Re: Alvista Towers Lottery

Dear mod cut,

Good afternoon. Our sincerest apologies for the lack of response to your inquiries. We experienced a delay with the refunds, as there was a glitch with our system. But everything is squared away now and your money order refund is in the mail. Once again, we are very sorry but you should be receiving that refund any day now. Thank you and have a nice day.

Best,
94th Avenue Jamaica, LLC

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:32 AM mod cut wrote:
Good morning

This is my 4th attempt trying to reach out in regards to a refund for my money order. I was told in September it would be sent out in the next batch. We on going on four month's now. Please provide me with a status update,

Thank you

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 01-02-2019 at 02:49 PM..

Old 01-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Just reported them 3x

Old 01-02-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiqstr View Post
I don't understand how, after almost a year, they STILL haven't gotten through the preferred applicants. This is so crazy...
they never will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery