Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 06:40 AM

319 posts, read 401,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afewquestions View Post
I was always under the impression that you could have a high log number, but that doesn't mean everyone below you was ever interviewed, or even qualifies. For instance, your log is #18000 based on the original applications submitted, right? But what if only 3000 of those people were ever contacted by Alvista? That's a lot of course, but even still, not all 3000 of them would even show up for the interview, so the final number is likely much lower. Not trying to put out false hope, but I can't imagine that this property is in that high of demand, considering that it is priced on the "higher end" of affordable housing and is not located in midtown or anything. I don't think this property is that competitive to get into, especially for 120 AMI and up. I just think the developer is super slow and disorganized. just my opinion here.
i hope you right
i know for sure not many people can't pay 120+ apt
that's why i'm keeping my hope tiny high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 08:32 AM

158 posts, read 251,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
i hope you right
i know for sure not many people can't pay 120+ apt
that's why i'm keeping my hope tiny high
No wonder they are offering 1 free month if a lease is signed by Nov 1!

Old 10-18-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
No wonder they are offering 1 free month if a lease is signed by Nov 1!
yeah i'm willing to pay it 1600 only because i have no family yet lol
as soon i do i def won't be able to shell out that much then again my salary will not be the same in 2 or 3 years from now
anyway, i pulled some great logs for many brooklyn places hopefully they start calling people soon for them

Old 10-30-2018, 07:49 AM

133 posts, read 180,335 times
Any updates

Old 10-31-2018, 07:56 AM

10 posts, read 14,088 times
As of last week they told me they were still doing the "preference" applications.
Had my interview in March and credit was pulled in April. I have an extremely high log number though so I'm wondering if the early credit pull was a mistake! I'm in the 130% range so maybe that's what's keeping me in the running.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:24 AM

133 posts, read 180,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallVenusian View Post
As of last week they told me they were still doing the "preference" applications.
Had my interview in March and credit was pulled in April. I have an extremely high log number though so I'm wondering if the early credit pull was a mistake! I'm in the 130% range so maybe that's what's keeping me in the running.
Yea they told me the same thing still doing preference application. I went to interview in March no credit pull as of yet log number in 2000 range

Old 11-02-2018, 08:12 PM

9 posts, read 11,622 times
I'd say if you didn't get chosen for this lottery you are one of the lucky ones. The process has been so chaotic just to get an apartment, imagine what you would go through as a tenant. They are so unorganized. This was a big mess. I am glad I did not get chosen.

I applied for another development in July. Had my interview 2 weeks ago. They ran my credit exactly 1 week after the interview. They will be showing me the unit on Monday. This process has been a walk in the park compared to Alvista.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:57 AM

39 posts, read 51,564 times
How long till i get my refund back anyone know? I requested it 3 weeks ago.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:26 AM

804 posts, read 548,763 times
The entire Queens is affordable housing. "I don't live in Queens, I live in ________ county Long Island"

Old 11-09-2018, 08:18 AM

any updates on non preps which is what matters the most lol
i feel like they are running out of apts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery