Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 01:27 PM

158 posts, read 251,245 times

Advertisements

Some people on this forum claimed to have received refunds for the fees. If the credit/background checks were not done, they must refund the fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 05:23 PM

30 posts, read 49,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Some people on this forum claimed to have received refunds for the fees. If the credit/background checks were not done, they must refund the fee.
Thanks ThunderBlue.

They just responded and said: "Yes correct if your credit was not ran then we can refund you. I thought your credit was ran already. My apologies. It should be up to a couple weeks for it to process."

I feel like they must try this often, beware everyone!

Old 09-12-2018, 09:17 PM

17 posts, read 24,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBagel View Post
Thanks ThunderBlue.

They just responded and said: "Yes correct if your credit was not ran then we can refund you. I thought your credit was ran already. My apologies. It should be up to a couple weeks for it to process."

I feel like they must try this often, beware everyone!
Hey! Glad this worked out for you. I've been emailing them about another issue, but have not gotten a reply. Would you mind telling me if you are emailing the lottery@alvistatowers.com address or something else? thanks.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 AM

30 posts, read 49,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewquestions View Post
Hey! Glad this worked out for you. I've been emailing them about another issue, but have not gotten a reply. Would you mind telling me if you are emailing the lottery@alvistatowers.com address or something else? thanks.
Thanks afewquestions! I've been emailing: joseph@alvistatowers.com I was working with him when I was going to go through with the application.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:49 PM

17 posts, read 24,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeBagel View Post
Thanks afewquestions! I've been emailing: joseph@alvistatowers.com I was working with him when I was going to go through with the application.
thanks!! apparently the guy I was working with no longer works there since the email I had for him is bouncing back. Sucks. Kinda feel like I don't have anyone really overseeing my application anymore.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:56 PM

133 posts, read 180,153 times
Any update

Old 09-20-2018, 02:15 PM

20 posts, read 22,969 times
I tried emailing Joseph last week but no response. Emailed him again today, and he responded rather quickly asking for my log number (which was in my email). I responded giving him my log number and haven't heard a thing since. Getting information from these people is insanely difficult. I'm so ready to give up. I keep waiting to see if a refund of my $25 fee shows up in my mailbox since it's been months and they still haven't run my credit yet. This is my first time getting this far in a lottery, and it has been the most dismal experience. I never realized it would be this much waiting and uncertainty.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:27 PM

20 posts, read 22,969 times
Just called K&R and they said that they're still processing lower log numbers than mine.. My log # is 28XX, how is that even possible? People from higher AMIs with higher log numbers have moved in already, but me with city worker preference is still waiting almost 7 months later...

Old 09-20-2018, 03:14 PM

15 posts, read 19,364 times
I live here. Clearly it’s very unorganized, and as you can see they’re now offering a month free ! ��. Don't give up guys, I'm sorry you are all going through this. See you soon neighbors!

Old 09-20-2018, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,238 times
I have a low log number 18xx with city preference. I interviewed in April and in June recieved a rejection letter because they said I didn't reaspond to an email. I called and emailed them and they said it was an error.

In August I called to check the status of my application because my credit had not been checked. The first lady I spoke to said that I didn't have preference and would have to wait until they went through everyone that was preferenced before they got to me. I got extremely discouraged, but called back to speak to someone else. Apparently the city made an error on my application and didn't mark that I was city preference. They then assigned me to an agent. He was pretty responsive and after sending a bunch of paperwork, I am now living at alvista towers.

You have to check your status often and stay on them. IT is very easy to be overlooked in this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery