Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 02:29 PM

7 posts, read 10,141 times

Advertisements

I am thankful that I know people who know people lol so I was able to speak directly to one of the supervisors at HDC compliance. I also think that K&R Realty wanted to put their own friends and family in these apartments. It’s sad how a system that is supposed to help New Yorkers is filled with people who practice favoritism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 PM

133 posts, read 130,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
https://www.yelp.com/biz/k-and-r-rea...t_by=date_desc

The people that left reviews had similar experience to everyone on this thread haha.
looks like they beat Wavecrest by one star in the reviews. lol

Old 07-09-2018, 02:39 PM

32 posts, read 39,146 times
Good Afternoon All!

This whole process is driving me crazy, I received an email from K&R Realty Today that I've been waitlisted (NO credit/Background Check yet What infuriates me is that I had to reach out to K&R myself to inquire my current status in this specific lottery...only to get an email back stating I was waitlisted....when was I going to be informed ! In June I was contacted by a leasing administrator asking me to submit a document that was "missing", I submitted and was informed " if they needed additional info someone will reach out " I'm going crazy just thinking about this whole ordeal!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:51 PM

32 posts, read 39,146 times
SmallTownKinInABigCity... today was the first time I emailed them. The first email I received from THEM since my interview in March was sent by the leasing administrator In June requesting additional forms

Old 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM

7 posts, read 10,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
Scary - if we complain, the management might decide to waitlist/deny us. In CityGirl's case, if you keep emailing/bothering them, they might just waitlist you. No one picks up phone calls either - why did the building management chose this realty company.
I think its a scam honestly. I read people's experiences with other lotteries and it was smooth sailing. This one is very special lol. They want these apartments to go at market rate prices therefore they are only denying/waitlist applicants

Last edited by ufun88; 07-09-2018 at 03:20 PM..

Old 07-09-2018, 04:35 PM

133 posts, read 180,200 times
Idk what to think anymore cuz it seems like the ppl that got waitlisted are the ones that are getting in. They have not reached out to me at all no credit check log number 23XX also community preference This was just so crazy and overwhelming

Old 07-09-2018, 06:30 PM

319 posts, read 400,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenken93 View Post
Idk what to think anymore cuz it seems like the ppl that got waitlisted are the ones that are getting in. They have not reached out to me at all no credit check log number 23XX also community preference This was just so crazy and overwhelming
Same here.
I'm really disappointed because I was really excited for this.
I don't want to pay market rate even though 1600+ is basically market rate.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 PM

8 posts, read 12,472 times
Dear Prospective Tenant,

Thank you for your interest in the Alvista Towers lottery.You were recently contacted by our team to submit documents for the lottery. Please disregard this previous notice as you were contacted prematurely. We have not reached your log number for processing but we will contact you as soon as we are ready to move forward with your application number. This does not mean you are disqualified, just that we cannot process your application at this time.

This is what I got today. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing?

Old 07-10-2018, 06:23 PM

47 posts, read 69,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertothepeople101 View Post
Dear Prospective Tenant,

Thank you for your interest in the Alvista Towers lottery.You were recently contacted by our team to submit documents for the lottery. Please disregard this previous notice as you were contacted prematurely. We have not reached your log number for processing but we will contact you as soon as we are ready to move forward with your application number. This does not mean you are disqualified, just that we cannot process your application at this time.

This seems to further solidify what ufun88 posted the other day. They were out of compliance and now they are backtracking to correct the issues. Seems like they have to go through a complete reset. It’s crazy that this type of “error” was made as K&R realty is not new to subsidized housing. This is what they do. Its crazy to say the least. The fact that people have moved in and there are people with preference who haven’t even gotten a credit check is more than odd. Preferences MUST be cleared first. This whole thing is even killing my optimism.
But who knows, live and hope right.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 AM

27 posts, read 46,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powertothepeople101 View Post
Dear Prospective Tenant,

what is your log number if you dont mind me asking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery