Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 01:03 PM

158 posts, read 251,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super07 View Post
Did anyone here attend the Open House that was held on 6/18?
Just wondering what info was given out.
Please elaborate. What was the open house for? Was it related to Alvista?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 PM

NYC released new and updated guidelines for affordable housing, effective July 1, 2018:

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/6/19/1747...new-guidelines

Updated marketing handbook - July 2018:

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 06-20-2018, 04:26 PM

11 posts, read 18,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Please elaborate. What was the open house for? Was it related to Alvista?
Yes. I have a good friend that applied for the Alvista Towers apts and a week before her interview, she was emailed that it was canceled. My good friend knows someone who also applied and they received an email invitation to attend the open house. Her friend took a few videos of the place and sent them to her (from what she showed me it looks nice inside).

I'm not sure if she asked her friend more questions regarding what actually went on that day which is why I'm inquiring in this forum.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:29 PM

There is a gym facility, laundry room, stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, and the bedrooms appear to be decent sizes from the short footage I saw.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:47 PM

29 posts, read 72,520 times
Quote:
Yes. I have a good friend that applied for the Alvista Towers apts and a week before her interview, she was emailed that it was canceled. My good friend knows someone who also applied and they received an email invitation to attend the open house. Her friend took a few videos of the place and sent them to her (from what she showed me it looks nice inside).

I'm not sure if she asked her friend more questions regarding what actually went on that day which is why I'm inquiring in this forum.
That is excellent news!
Do you know what AMI that applicant falls under?
Thanks!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorium View Post
That is excellent news!
Do you know what AMI that applicant falls under?
Thanks!
I don't know. I will give my friend a call tomorrow and see if she has heard anything else from the person she knows ,since receiving the video clips.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I will give my friend a call tomorrow and see if she has heard anything else from the person she knows ,since receiving the video clips.
Please let us know any updates, thanks!

Old 06-21-2018, 05:45 PM

133 posts, read 180,335 times
I’m over here growin white hair tryin to figure out why they haven’t ran my credit like my log
Number in the 2000s I have community preference ami50

Old 06-21-2018, 07:05 PM

33 posts, read 78,777 times
Hi everyone, new to the thread. Log number is 38XX. I interviewed on March 6. Submitted all the required paper works. Checked Credit Karma yesterday and saw that my credit was pulled. Reached out to them this morning and no response. I have city preference. Pretty decent credit. When I interviewed, I peeped the sign in sheet and saw that there were people who were interviewing with log numbers in the 50,000s. I instantly thought that it was a fundraiser. My logic was if between March and June 50,000 people were interviewed and they collected $40 on average for the credit score (keep in mind also, that more than 2 per household equals an additional payment), that's $2,000,000. That should cover the salary for the people who interviewed the candidates. I am reaching I know but that's what came to my mind.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Please let us know any updates, thanks!
She didn't see him yet, but she does know that the person that gave him the tour of the building said that people should begin moving in as early as July first.

It's strange because he hasn't had his interview yet, but there are so many people that have already been interviewed and have been waiting for so long to hear something. I think they are very unorganized with how things are being handled. I have been thru this lottery process myself twice and did not encounter all this run around and waiting that a lot of folks on this thread has mentioned.

If I hear anything else I will keep up with updates.

Best of luck to you all!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery