Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2018, 09:04 AM

68 posts, read 120,785 times

Advertisements

Lol~ someone should report this to NYC HDP - they are trying to rent it to the public and still get 20+ years tax break from NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 09:22 AM

30 posts, read 49,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleys821 View Post
this is so annoying. im in the 2XXX, 50% ami, interviewed in April and ive emailed them every month to get the same response. this is so annoying.

And my union is also giving us increases hopefully in September if contracts pass which will definitely remove me from my bracket. Its annoying this proccess takes so long.

im doing another lottery too, interviewed 3 weeks ago, they ran my credit and everything already and everything was given on time. But this management company moves fast, but there is no communication with them. Ive emailed the woman whos responsible for my case and left her several voicemails and she fails to get back to me. I just want to know if my stuff went to the city so i can FORGET ABOUT ALVISTA & ask for my money order back.
Ashley, when I interviewed in April, they said they go by income based on the day of your interview. I asked several times, what happens if I switch jobs or get a raise and they said that shouldn't matter. I looked at some other sources online and most say that as long as they run your application within 6 months of your interview, they do not need updated income forms etc.

Now....I hope the interviewer was telling the truth, and with Alvista, we all know it could be longer than 6 months!

Good Luck

Old 07-25-2018, 09:22 AM

158 posts, read 251,444 times
Check out Alvista Towers

Their website is now updated with a lot more pictures and details. The interiors look very nice. Not sure if all the apartments have similar interior design though, perhaps not.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:40 AM

319 posts, read 401,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
Check out Alvista Towers

Their website is now updated with a lot more pictures and details. The interiors look very nice. Not sure if all the apartments have similar interior design though, perhaps not.
yup looks very nice
sadly they should have focused on people that need apts not outside folks

Old 07-25-2018, 10:40 AM

17 posts, read 24,279 times
Below is the response I just received :

Dear Jacqueline,

1. There is no big difference between the studios at each price level. The rent prices just correspond to the income levels of that tier.

2. If you choose to proceed, you would be processed as 165%. We would assign your case to one of our leasing administrators at which point they would contact you to discuss your application and your documents. If you're missing anything, they will inform you. Once your application bundle is complete, we would verify that you do in fact qualify for the 165%. If you do not qualify for the 165%, then you will still remain where you are on the log and be eligible for the lower tiered units. But at that point we would only be able to process you if we reach your log number before the building is filled. If you do qualify for the 165% units, that is when we would run your credit check which costs $50. Once that is run, and if you decide to back out of the 165%, you will be placed back in your original spot on the log, but we would not be able to refund the $50. Alternately, if you qualify for the 165% units, and decide you want to keep proceeding with that, we will send your application to the city for final approval. If approved, the next step would be signing the lease. At that point, you would be able to view the apartment before signing the lease.

I hope this information helps. I see you said you want to move forward with the 165% but I just want you to confirm that after hearing this information. Do you want to proceed with the 165% units? Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:03 AM

10 posts, read 14,088 times
I really should stay off this forum. It just gets my blood pressure up!

It makes sense that they want to fill up the more expensive apartments first. What's killing me is that they are reaching out to you about an apartment when they haven't even done your credit check yet? They ran my credit (which is great) 3 months ago and I've heard nothing.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bar...

Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 AM

47 posts, read 69,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallVenusian View Post
I really should stay off this forum. It just gets my blood pressure up!

It makes sense that they want to fill up the more expensive apartments first. What's killing me is that they are reaching out to you about an apartment when they haven't even done your credit check yet? They ran my credit (which is great) 3 months ago and I've heard nothing.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bar...
Lol 😂😝 LoL , I’m feeling your pain. Save me a seat at the bar please. First rounds on me

Old 07-25-2018, 12:08 PM

47 posts, read 69,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolie1806 View Post
Below is the response I just received :

Dear Jacqueline,

1. There is no big difference between the studios at each price level. The rent prices just correspond to the income levels of that tier.

2. If you choose to proceed, you would be processed as 165%. We would assign your case to one of our leasing administrators at which point they would contact you to discuss your application and your documents. If you're missing anything, they will inform you. Once your application bundle is complete, we would verify that you do in fact qualify for the 165%. If you do not qualify for the 165%, then you will still remain where you are on the log and be eligible for the lower tiered units. But at that point we would only be able to process you if we reach your log number before the building is filled. If you do qualify for the 165% units, that is when we would run your credit check which costs $50. Once that is run, and if you decide to back out of the 165%, you will be placed back in your original spot on the log, but we would not be able to refund the $50. Alternately, if you qualify for the 165% units, and decide you want to keep proceeding with that, we will send your application to the city for final approval. If approved, the next step would be signing the lease. At that point, you would be able to view the apartment before signing the lease.

I hope this information helps. I see you said you want to move forward with the 165% but I just want you to confirm that after hearing this information. Do you want to proceed with the 165% units? Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Great update Jolie. I haven’t received any response regarding my acceptance to proceed. It’s only been a couple days but it feels like forever and I’m anxious to know either way.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:15 PM

158 posts, read 251,444 times
Well, it is clear from Jolie1806's post that Alvista is making sure a unit can be made available before running credit/background check. This totally complies with the rules set by the city. Question is, did they follow the same rule when they ran credit/background checks back in April/May? I hope yes!

Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM

30 posts, read 49,421 times
Thanks @Jolie1806!

I also received similar responses, but with some different info, I've shared here:

1. We do not give showings/viewings of the units until after an applicant has been approved by the city. You would be able to see the apartment before you sign the lease.

2. There is no tentative move-in dates. Each tenant is moved in as they are approved and as they sign their lease. It's a case by case basis. We have had a few people already move in.

3. When signing the lease, we require your first month's rent and a security deposit. The security deposit is equal to one month's rent.

I just want to share any and all info, so I hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery