Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 4,546 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for your response that helped me to at least feel better and give me a more peaceful state of mind,well I spoke to someone from hpd office and they basically confirmed my application is currently still being processed,I also received the money order I gave to "wavecrest" for application fee.when I called wavecrest and asked what she wanted me to do with it she told me to bring it right to her,and tells me that if she needs anything other documents she will let me know does this mean I'm in the clear?do you think i have a good chance of getting apartment?please someone answer me back I've been waiting to get an affordable apartment for a very long time stuck in the shelter system,and that is truly tough so please tell me something but just give your honest opinion,thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 11:21 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,788,627 times
I wish we could give you a definitive answer, but we just can't. If they take the application fee, they are SUPPOSED to have a unit available for you if you are otherwise qualified. However, a lot of these agencies tend to be terrible at their jobs, so please don't get too excited. You are well along the path, but nothing is guaranteed.

Best of luck to you.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:37 AM

494 posts, read 561,576 times
Just stay on top of it. The application fee is not an indicator. I was up for a unit with wavecrest and have them an application fee and never heard back. Others have had their fee returned. So just be aware and keep in contact with them and keep asking for updates every few weeks.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:41 PM

59 posts, read 57,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
Hello

My log number is 3##

I've attended the interview in May 2015. Sent them my verification of income a week after that (since it was the MOST annoying document to retrieve)

Then in Mid June I was contacted to send additional documents to them. And then I came in to sign what is called TIC (tenant income certification). This allows HPD to review your tax returns, W2 forms and income and also run a background check and credit check.

My file was assigned a unit number but the lady didn't disclose that with me.
Is this for the current Central Harlem Lottery on housing connect ?
I think it closed in 2017

Old 06-27-2019, 02:29 PM

128 posts, read 116,367 times
Thank you for the heads up.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:41 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,273,392 times
Thanks random for telling us while it's still open!
Unlike some who wait till the day after a building closes and says "Hey did anyone apply for......"

Old 06-27-2019, 02:54 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,788,627 times
I wouldn't have seen Penn South if someone hadn't said something. Just sharing the love.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:52 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,273,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
I wouldn't have seen Penn South if someone hadn't said something. Just sharing the love.
Every month I login into housing connect and see if there are any new buildings to apply for but I don't always remember to click on the ML link, so I appreciate it, I may have missed it.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:27 AM

6 posts, read 8,190 times
Hi Penn South Residents,

Thank you everyone this forum is very helpful. Can someone help me please. I might be moving in soon I was 13 out of 14 choice when I viewed Apts in late May. I really like this 1st floor apartment because of the convenience. For the residents living there how is the noise on 1st-3rd floors and what the difference between living in first floor vs high floor besides the view hehe. Thanks again everyone. Good luck to all.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:04 PM

172 posts, read 152,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorebellaa View Post
Is this for the current Central Harlem Lottery on housing connect ?
I think it closed in 2017
Apologies I'm not sure why I put May 2015. I meant to put May 2019.

The lottery closed on March 2019 this year and opened on late December 2018.

I've went into sign my papers to submit to the city over 2 weeks ago. They have yet to send over those docs to HPD but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery