Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 09:09 AM

3,184 posts, read 2,807,467 times

Advertisements

Good to know, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 AM

17 posts, read 34,287 times
Hello All! Please Help! I'm the primary on the application with my son, Can I take myself out and just let my son buy it and live in the apartment? We were called to look at apartments now. Thank you!

Old 08-14-2019, 09:44 AM

59 posts, read 57,161 times
Yesterday I called HPD they took down my information such as log # and who was the person in charge of my file and the dates I reached out. Their system was down yesterday HPD said once its up and running they will reach out to the Management Company and find out whats the hold up, that I should be getting a call or email back from the Management company in the next few days no later than the end of the week.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:00 AM

132 posts, read 221,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hey Incog79,

Sorry if you've already answered this, but are you on the internal 1 bedroom waitlist now?

Also, does your full size bed fit (width-wise)between the HVAC unit and the wall? I measured in an E line studio and it was just over 4 feet, but my measurements probably weren't exact. I looked at full size beds at Macy's the other day, and it looks like the best way to go for one person in that size apartment. I am curious how everyone has their furniture set up with the HVAC unit sticking out.

Thanks!

hkcg
Hi hkcg,

Not yet, but we will be in a couple months. We're in a high-floor (19-21) D-line studio so I'm not sure if the layout is the same as what you're describing. The bed is parallel to the HVAC unit (which itself is under the window) with a couple feet between them. So the bed, two nightstands, the couch and a side table run along the long wall. The window (with HVAC below) and a small desk are on one short wall. The same side table, armchair, dresser, bookcase and closet are on the opposite short wall. The wall opposite the bed and couch has our TV and more bookcases (that is the wall between the kitchen and living area).

incog79

Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 AM

433 posts, read 516,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irachka09 View Post
Hello All! Please Help! I'm the primary on the application with my son, Can I take myself out and just let my son buy it and live in the apartment? We were called to look at apartments now. Thank you!
No.
Incidentally, are you on the 2BR list?

Old 08-14-2019, 11:34 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,707,288 times
Dreamer, I'm not entirely sure your answer is correct.

If Penn South follows Mitchell Lama rules, then Irachka90 can allow her son to buy and live in the apartment as long as his name is on the initial application she filled out, he's over 18, and he meets the family composition requirements.

Section H, Paragraph 3 states the following:

(3) Applications shall be consecutively numbered and dated upon receipt by the housing company or shall be numbered pursuant to order of selection by lottery, as applicable. The housing company or its managing agent shall provide an applicant with a dated receipt or other form of documentation setting forth the date and/or waiting list number of the application. Applicants must meet the occupancy standards at the time of application and at the time the apartment is offered. No applicant may be placed on more than one waiting list by bedroom size in a particular housing company development. Applications are only transferable to spouses, siblings, or children who are at least eighteen years of age as of the date of the applicant's initial application, provided that such spouse's, sibling’s, or children's names appeared on the applicant’s initial application.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:36 AM

No problem

Incidentally, does anyone on this thread know someone in Cadman Towers or know more about the development/area? I like the area very much even though I'm not a Brooklyn gal, but I wonder how the buildings are. In terms of ML prices Cadman is kind of steep though still of course an amazing deal.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:02 PM

433 posts, read 516,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Dreamer, I'm not entirely sure your answer is correct.

If Penn South follows Mitchell Lama rules, then Irachka90 can allow her son to buy and live in the apartment as long as his name is on the initial application she filled out, he's over 18, and he meets the family composition requirements.

Section H, Paragraph 3 states the following:

(3) Applications shall be consecutively numbered and dated upon receipt by the housing company or shall be numbered pursuant to order of selection by lottery, as applicable. The housing company or its managing agent shall provide an applicant with a dated receipt or other form of documentation setting forth the date and/or waiting list number of the application. Applicants must meet the occupancy standards at the time of application and at the time the apartment is offered. No applicant may be placed on more than one waiting list by bedroom size in a particular housing company development. Applications are only transferable to spouses, siblings, or children who are at least eighteen years of age as of the date of the applicant's initial application, provided that such spouse's, sibling’s, or children's names appeared on the applicant’s initial application.

From the sound of it, the poster is asking about transferring the application (before the move-in). and the answer is no.

If it's about after the move-in, then there are succession rules in place that have I and other have posted here before.

edit: Also Penn South is not a Mitchell Lama development so it doesn't follow Mitchell Lama rules.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:13 PM

52 posts, read 51,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesy09 View Post
Any body signed the lease yet????
BXlover23 signed and has a move in date for September. Log in the 2000’s.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:35 PM

If it follows Mitchell Lama rules she absolutely could transfer as long as her son meets the above requirements. She needs to check if they do or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery