Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2015, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 6,527 times

Advertisements

They are super spacious, around 800 sq ft I believe. Some of them have excellent views as well. I saw some of the apts but I hope my info shows that I'm qualified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 04:17 PM

Is thee any way I can put my mom if I won? Just a question because it says one per household and we as a family followed that rule and put in a name (mine).

Old 04-06-2015, 08:04 AM

35 posts, read 75,428 times
Hi Citybird97 - I am sure you can add your mom as a member of your family composition. You will have to inform the management office and they will add her up. Her earnings will be counted as the family income so look for what are the limits.

When did you have the chance to see the apartments? Balcony ? what is your approximate number on the list?

Best

E

Old 04-06-2015, 07:25 PM

15 posts, read 29,021 times
hi all,
So I contacted Pennsouth after some of you confirmed that you received number to check your placement online after your application/check/photo were submitted. Penn south will not provide the information over the phone. They request that I write a letter requesting for my "computer number." I'm now patiently waiting to get this # in the mail. For those who are on the list for a 2 bedroom from this last lottery, what is your placement on the list and have you seen any movement on the list from since the moment you first checked? I know it will take years but I'd take to gauge where some of us are in the process.

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:53 PM

No balcony. I am around 250 for one bedroom so I was stunned to be able to view all the apartments. I'll be honest - they were stunning with lots of closets. However, most kitchens were old and not fixed but it's a small problem.

They said they will get back to me shortly.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 AM

233 posts, read 403,041 times
Thanks for the information. I will be interested to know what the next steps are in the financial process. I think they go by your most recent income tax return, and the PS Credit Union will provide financing for 50%, but I guess it all depends on your individual situation. 250 on the list! Wow, that seems high to me, but we have also heard from someone who was 340 on the studio list.

Thanks again for the description. I wouldn't mind an old kitchen since you can renovate it however you want.

I hope it goes well! Thanks again!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:25 AM

154 posts, read 287,195 times
Hi Lenalenay,

I'm on the 2-bedroom waiting list. The number I received in the lottery was 97, but when I got my computer number, I discovered I was number 529 on the waiting list. In March, my placement moved but not nearly as much as the studios and 1-bedrooms. I am now 520 on the waiting list. By my calculations, it would take around 13 years to get down to the bottom of the list, however it appears one doesn't need to get down to the 100's to be called, so it might be closer to 10 years. I think we'll know more about the movement of the 2-bedroom list after a year or two -- hard to make a determination after only one quarter.

Good luck!

Old 04-13-2015, 12:15 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Every time I re-read this thread I get re-furious that I didn't put our names in...back in 1980.

Damn it to Hell.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:15 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Every time I re-read this thread I get re-furious that I didn't put our names in...back in 1980.

Damn it to Hell.
I get furious that I didn't put in for this last lottery....best laid plans and all that.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 PM

483 posts, read 691,537 times
Updates, anybody? Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery