Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM

22 posts, read 17,501 times

Advertisements

Tenant selection in progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 01:38 PM

172 posts, read 151,945 times
your agent who handles your paperwork would tell you when they have sent it off to the city for approval. And they will get back to you once the city approves it.

Mines was sent off the week before Thanksgiving so I am awaiting for a response from the city

It will take a week or two so that they can review everything. I am hoping to hear something either this week or early next week the latest

Old 12-02-2019, 02:52 PM

25 posts, read 38,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukieHudson View Post
I know assumptions can be misguided, but I am going to have to assume that I did not make the cut in the 2019 Lottery. No email, and no snail mail letter at this point.

I am sooooo disappointed.

Sukie in the Hudson Valley
Sorry Sukie, I didn’t get in either...

Old 12-02-2019, 03:18 PM

4,802 posts, read 6,649,592 times
Me neither! I tried in 2014 and again this year! The odds are rough. I'm not surprised it's hard to get on the list. I used up my "housing luck" by making it on to the Cadman list. Keep applying!

Old 12-02-2019, 03:20 PM

94 posts, read 107,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noircat91 View Post
your agent who handles your paperwork would tell you when they have sent it off to the city for approval. And they will get back to you once the city approves it.

Mines was sent off the week before Thanksgiving so I am awaiting for a response from the city

It will take a week or two so that they can review everything. I am hoping to hear something either this week or early next week the latest
good luck! Sounds like you will hear back soon.

I just got an email from the leasing agent assistant saying "we are currently processing your file for submission" and asked for updated bank statements and paystubs. Crossing fingers!

Old 12-02-2019, 03:23 PM

172 posts, read 151,945 times
Default awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoNYC23 View Post
good luck! Sounds like you will hear back soon.

I just got an email from the leasing agent assistant saying "we are currently processing your file for submission" and asked for updated bank statements and paystubs. Crossing fingers!
awesome! you are almost at the finish line.
Once they have obtained those documents then you will have to sign what is called TIC forms (Tenant Income Certification). These are files you must sign so that way it goes off to HPD for them to approve.

i've waited for approximately 6 months. I'm EAGER to move in already.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:57 PM

30 posts, read 38,778 times
Has anyone heard anything?

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-02-2019, 04:02 PM

I got an email today from the developer:

"we are currently processing your file for submission."
They asked for updated bank statements and paychecks.

ended the email with "Please be advised this documentation is what is withholding your file. Your deadline is December 6, 2019."
(mind you this is the first time they asked for updated bank statements and checks)

So hopefully we are close! at least to the approved or not stage.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:07 PM

Noircat, you've been waiting 6 months since you applied? are those buildings in Harlem ready for move-in? I don't think mine is yet, but would just love to know that I'm approved and a move is imminent (currently live in a pre-war building).

thanks for the info regarding next steps. hope it goes that far!

Old 12-02-2019, 04:15 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,698,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukieHudson View Post
I know assumptions can be misguided, but I am going to have to assume that I did not make the cut in the 2019 Lottery. No email, and no snail mail letter at this point.

I am sooooo disappointed.

Sukie in the Hudson Valley
Sukie, put your name on the list for Independence House! It's in the West 90s. Beautiful neighborhood, and rent is calculated at 30% of your income. No buy in. It's a Mitchell Lama rental.

The studio and 1 bedroom wait lists are always open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery