Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2019, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,189 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My log number is 15** and I received an email that I was waitlisted for the remaining low income units. The email also stated that there are still units in the highest income bracket, and as luck would have it I started a new job this year that moved me into that income range! Huzzah. I submitted all of my income reverification paperwork and have been waiting weeks to see if they have deemed me to "qualify." Just wondering - does anyone know if there still are units available in the higher income range?

Also - I have a physical disability but I didn't include that in my paperwork. Should I reach out to let them know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 11:08 AM

13 posts, read 10,426 times
Guys any updates ?

Old 12-05-2019, 11:25 AM

89 posts, read 84,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMichelle122 View Post
Well it depends. They’re offering a free months rent if the deposit is given within 3 business days from seeing the unit I believe (you can definitely ask for an extra day or 2 - doesn’t hurt to try)

I reallyyyy want that free month cause it will help me greatly so I’m aiming to have it ASAP
Good luck to you, I hope it all works itself out!

Old 12-05-2019, 11:39 AM

77 posts, read 51,955 times
I just don’t like the fact you don’t know when and how things are going god bless though I still hope I get picked ☹️

Old 12-05-2019, 12:13 PM

155 posts, read 187,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelX2 View Post
Anything yet???
I got the application approval and go in the office to sign and finalize everything to verify eligibility once again.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1028 View Post
Hi all! My log number is 15** and I received an email that I was waitlisted for the remaining low income units. The email also stated that there are still units in the highest income bracket, and as luck would have it I started a new job this year that moved me into that income range! Huzzah. I submitted all of my income reverification paperwork and have been waiting weeks to see if they have deemed me to "qualify." Just wondering - does anyone know if there still are units available in the higher income range?

Also - I have a physical disability but I didn't include that in my paperwork. Should I reach out to let them know?
Nice! Yes you should more chances getting in since there’s only 2% applicants that have a chance and I’m one of them for hearing impairment. Never know. You can always say no if you don’t really need the modifications for the apartment unless it’s crucial for you.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
I got the application approval and go in the office to sign and finalize everything to verify eligibility once again.
Tomorrow actually.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:30 PM

94 posts, read 106,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMichelle122 View Post
Well it depends. They’re offering a free months rent if the deposit is given within 3 business days from seeing the unit I believe (you can definitely ask for an extra day or 2 - doesn’t hurt to try)

I reallyyyy want that free month cause it will help me greatly so I’m aiming to have it ASAP
wow that's a really good deal! I hope if I get an apartment, they offer something similar!

Old 12-05-2019, 12:40 PM

94 posts, read 106,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy423 View Post
It's weird they emailed you and gave such a short deadline. Glad they got back to you though! I hope they give you a decision soon. Same for you Mrrcaraballo10!

I hope i hear from them in the next round my log # is 45X, never been that low lol. Fingers still crossed.
Yeah that is pretty low. Have they contacted you at all??

She e-mailed me this morning saying thank you and that they will contact me. I have no idea what this means, but I'm sure I'll be waiting another month or two.

Construction continues on the building. Honestly it doesn't look anywhere near done, which is fine with me so I can save up a down payment.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Nice! Yes you should more chances getting in since there’s only 2% applicants that have a chance and I’m one of them for hearing impairment. Never know. You can always say no if you don’t really need the modifications for the apartment unless it’s crucial for you.
Thanks so much! I'll bring it up if they move me along to an interview. And congrats on your new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery