Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 05:25 PM

195 posts, read 430,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
You need to read the original thread and ohlalalas posts to find out what truly happened
From reading the thread for the past few months sounds like those who never signed, will have to re-apply to new phase 2 lottery... and unfortunately since they have changed their income range... It will disqualify the phase 1 individuals. I would be royally pissed too. All the work, for nothing. Sorry to those who were very close to getting in. I was not part of phase one, but heck here I am for phase 2, see how this one goes... Hellupinharlem, have you applied for this one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 05:57 PM

67 posts, read 116,057 times
I think phase 1 was just for %60 AMI, and Phase 2 is %40 AMI and %120 AMI
Good luck everyone, I got 555 tenth ave apartment. if there is better, I will move that building.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:58 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,918,988 times
I applied for Phase II soon as it went active

Old 10-08-2017, 08:04 PM

67 posts, read 116,057 times
If you apply phase 2, can we still eligible for first lottery?

Old 10-09-2017, 08:36 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,918,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilita View Post
If you apply phase 2, can we still eligible for first lottery?
Yea. One has nothing to do with the other

Old 10-12-2017, 05:26 PM

9 posts, read 19,319 times
Does anyone know if the income they look at is Gross income or Adjusted Gross income?

Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM

233 posts, read 403,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travx View Post
Does anyone know if the income they look at is Gross income or Adjusted Gross income?
When we returned the application after receiving the initial information, they asked for adjusted gross income from our NY state income tax form. But when they figure debt to income ratio for a mortgage, it's gross income. I could be wrong; someone who has gone through the actual apartment buying process would know.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:02 PM

9 posts, read 19,319 times
We were just offered a 1-bedroom without balcony and I am thrilled. However, it looks like as of yesterday Capital One no longer will issue mortgages at all. The Credit Union charges a really high (about 6%) interest rate so I'd really like to find a traditional lender. PS said that some smaller lenders will lend on the property but didn't offer up any names - I've been calling small banks all morning but haven't found one yet. Does anyone know of any other small lenders that will loan on this?

Old 11-13-2017, 02:58 PM

132 posts, read 220,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travx View Post
We were just offered a 1-bedroom without balcony and I am thrilled. However, it looks like as of yesterday Capital One no longer will issue mortgages at all. The Credit Union charges a really high (about 6%) interest rate so I'd really like to find a traditional lender. PS said that some smaller lenders will lend on the property but didn't offer up any names - I've been calling small banks all morning but haven't found one yet. Does anyone know of any other small lenders that will loan on this?
I moved in last year and ended up going with PSFCU. The rates are high, and it is unfortunate that they only offer 5- and 10-year terms, but one point in their favor is that their closing costs are relatively low. ETA: Welcome to the coop, btw, I'm sure you're going to love it as much as we do.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:32 AM

233 posts, read 403,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
I moved in last year and ended up going with PSFCU. The rates are high, and it is unfortunate that they only offer 5- and 10-year terms, but one point in their favor is that their closing costs are relatively low. ETA: Welcome to the coop, btw, I'm sure you're going to love it as much as we do.
Hi Incog79,

I see from earlier posts that you have a studio. How is the space now that you're in? The website says 650 square feet for a 2.5 studio (I think. Maybe that's with a balcony?). I'm really curious to know how it's working out!

Also, you said that the closing costs are "relatively low". About how much would we need above the actual down payment?

Thanks,

hkcg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery