Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 05:31 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times

Advertisements

Try to aim for 4.0gpa or close to 3.5 in Lehman College with all courses, then apply for transfer to Baruch. Most accounting course in the beginning are pretty much the same, is all about the professor. Lehman and Baruch are all under CUNY, so you might be able to transfer some same accounting course without having to retake the course again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 05:20 PM

67 posts, read 115,940 times
hahah do not get too excited. they showed me the unit. and i took those one bedroom apartment photos.. but they did not give me the apartment... they find so many excuses. and all that bullsh...t ..

Old 11-26-2017, 08:13 PM

195 posts, read 429,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilita View Post
hahah do not get too excited. they showed me the unit. and i took those one bedroom apartment photos.. but they did not give me the apartment... they find so many excuses. and all that bullsh...t ..
Did they use the "Sorry we gave the apartment to someone with a lower log number" excuse for not giving you the apartment at all? Not even offer you a studio?

Old 11-27-2017, 08:01 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Quote:
you had a beautiful apt too. smh. i too was close. when selected i would've stipulated which unit i needed. i too would have hudson river views

Old 11-27-2017, 08:03 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoman818 View Post
Did they use the "Sorry we gave the apartment to someone with a lower log number" excuse for not giving you the apartment at all? Not even offer you a studio?
they were actually honest AFTER they got out of litigation in my experience. but like i was trying to tell data users, they can only say but so much.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:50 AM

128 posts, read 227,502 times
I think the surcharge only applies to the monthly carrying charges.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:26 PM

67 posts, read 115,940 times
i feel like they dont want to give anyone any unit. but they like to use people who has low income... they said no one bedroom, and later they said studio. and now they said i have too much money... that is just bullsh.....t

Old 12-08-2017, 02:40 PM

965 posts, read 1,114,281 times
Quote:
i feel like they dont want to give anyone any unit. but they like to use people who has low income... they said no one bedroom, and later they said studio. and now they said i have too much money... that is just bullsh.....t
They lowered and expanded the income caps, so everyone who qualifed before is automatically disqualified, by default, unfortunately.
Just let this one go, and move on. Fretting will just cause you more aggravation.

They opened this up to two new brackets, 40% and 120%, both of which deserve a fair shot as well. It should have been that way in the beginning. I can even admit that the 60% AMI market is way oversaturated. Having 235 units SOLELY dedicated to 60% AMI was more than overkill.

Honestly, they really should focus a lot more resources on 80% - 100%, but that won't ever happen. #TaxBreaks #GreedyDevelopers #Yatayatayata

Old 12-10-2017, 10:18 PM

34 posts, read 59,319 times
Welcome to your future home. Here is the description and some pictures to help you acclimate.

The entry to this building by foot or car is through a cobbled entry court featuring a fountain with pumpkin sculpture by renowned Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama. The entry canopy is illuminated with an array of Hollywood bulbs that simulate the feeling of arriving at the foot of a red carpet. https://m.imgur.com/a/HS0lc

Inside the grand lobby are stunning Italian Carrera marble floor, two fireplaces with library, signature artworks by Yayoi Kusama,Sol LeWitt, Günther Förg, custom Venetian chandelier and 24 hours reception desk. In addition, the lobby contains gold mailboxes, package room, dry cleaning drop off, and luxury attaché concierge service. https://m.imgur.com/a/kzqdP

The building have two banks of fob locked elevators, featuring secured access, annunciate floor and information screen. Each elevator bank contains four elevators, the first bank service the 1st-43rd floors while the 2nd service, 43rd-penthouse. Direct access to a three stories parking garage is also available. https://imgur.com/PM6hhTL

The hallways and your apartment is designed by the internationally acclaimed David Rockwell Group. You will be assigned one of seven floor plans. The apartment features wide plank oak wood floor, floor to ceiling windows, custom build out closet, custom window shades, open kitchen with white lacquer cabinets, stainless steel appliances by Whirlpool, quart countertop, German Grohe kitchen/bathroom accessories, German Bosch washer/dryer, Italia olympic gray porcelain-tiles, custom under cabinet bathroom LED lighting and Japanese Toto toilet. https://m.imgur.com/a/lxKoI

Complimentary breakfast is served Monday-Friday on the 10th floor featuring fresh fruits, artisan pastries, juice, coffee and tea. Also on the 10th floor is your large laundry room, vending machine, bike storage, printing station and a Thomas Balsley designed private park. https://m.imgur.com/a/nyiP5

For extra indulgence and fee, the building’s amenity package on the 11th floor includes NY City’s first Lifetime Athletic; a health and wellness club that is open to public membership and has a separate entry. It houses a full sized basketball court, a cafe, spa, relaxation room, nail salon, Turkish bath, two outdoor pools, an indoor pool, billiards lounge, childrens playroom, pet spa and over 16,000 square feet of outdoor wellness space. https://m.imgur.com/a/0m0KT

Sky epitomizes modern luxury, congratulations on your new permanent affordable home, you will be very happy here.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 PM

195 posts, read 429,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlalaohlala View Post
Welcome to your future home. Here is the description and some pictures to help you acclimate.

The entry to this building by foot or car is through a cobbled entry court

Sky epitomizes modern luxury, congratulations on your new permanent affordable home, you will be very happy here.
This is what living large is, in am affordable rate.. Congrats to those who survive process of moving in..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery