Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 10:50 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,251,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoman818 View Post
This is what living large is, in am affordable rate.. Congrats to those who survive process of moving in..
Sheet...that sure would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:54 PM

195 posts, read 430,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Sheet...that sure would be nice.
Someone else had mentioned in another post how people who enter these lotteries go crazy, changing their lifes, and mindsets knowing that they have no control over the final outcome over a lottery... Well I say to that,, is that if I would get called for interview to get a studio of a one bedroom for $8 to 900 usd in a market rate place of $2-3000 I and be at a centralized place, You know I would be going crazy too.... I would immediately make an appointment with doctor for some xanax.... "sheet,, Indeed, My friend, Sheet indeed"

Old 12-11-2017, 12:59 AM

188 posts, read 270,181 times
i hope i get allow log # I have CB pref i would be so happy !
this process has done a number on me ! in other lotteries

Old 12-11-2017, 05:42 AM

994 posts, read 1,058,831 times
Oh man, that's amazing =) fingers crossed

Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,332 times
Hi Everyone,

I recently received a letter from PS in response to an email request about not being able to access the new waiting list database when it first became available.

The letter stated that I was 100 on the 2-bedroom list, though I'm currently listed as 180 in the database.

The letter also stated that "Applicants are allowed to "FREEZE' their applications ONE TIME FOR A A PERIOD OF UP TO FIVE (5) YEARS.
caps were in the letter!

hope above info helps all still waiting.

you may wish to submit email or written letter to get a letter confirming you are still on list with updated waiting list number. My friend, who waited for 16 years before getting into PS, sent a hard copy letter every year to get an update. It usually took months to get the letter from PS, but she got a letter back from PS every year.

Wishing all a peace-filled holiday season and new year and hoping we all meet at PS soon!

Old 12-27-2017, 07:15 AM

233 posts, read 403,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2famnyc View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently received a letter from PS in response to an email request about not being able to access the new waiting list database when it first became available.

The letter stated that I was 100 on the 2-bedroom list, though I'm currently listed as 180 in the database.

The letter also stated that "Applicants are allowed to "FREEZE' their applications ONE TIME FOR A A PERIOD OF UP TO FIVE (5) YEARS.
caps were in the letter!

hope above info helps all still waiting.

you may wish to submit email or written letter to get a letter confirming you are still on list with updated waiting list number. My friend, who waited for 16 years before getting into PS, sent a hard copy letter every year to get an update. It usually took months to get the letter from PS, but she got a letter back from PS every year.

Wishing all a peace-filled holiday season and new year and hoping we all meet at PS soon!
Thanks, w2famnyc. This is helpful. I think it's particularly interesting that the number on your letter vs. the database has a difference of 80 places on the wait list. I wonder if that means they will be updating the database for everyone soon.

Happy New Year to all!

hkcg

Old 12-27-2017, 04:58 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,041,652 times
Log numbers are out for Phase II - I got 16,8xx, no preferences, but not out of the realm of possibility, as I am finding. Eligible for both a studio and one bedroom here, but the rents are on the high side so I doubt I would pursue it even though the location is so central!

Old 12-27-2017, 05:17 PM

994 posts, read 1,058,831 times
87k beat that

Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,918,988 times
I’ll be damned if i got a good log number for this sh** again. I’m bout to see

Old 12-27-2017, 05:20 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,918,988 times
I’m 35xxx i don’t think that’s bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery