Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 12:43 AM

6 posts, read 13,348 times

Advertisements

Has anyone from phase 2 been called to check out an apartment ? Also after the interview (non rejection) were you told they would send out “verification letters” to landlord , irs, bank and employer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 07:51 AM

233 posts, read 404,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
Yep, that is almost exactly what I pay each month (within $15).
Thanks, Incog79!

How do you feel about the space as far as comfort level? I've lived in a very small apartment, so I'm not a diva when it comes to that, but now that I've got a bigger space, I'm wondering how it will work. I guess I should focus on the difference in dollars I'll be saving rather than square feet!

Old 05-27-2018, 10:18 AM

132 posts, read 221,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Thanks, Incog79!

How do you feel about the space as far as comfort level? I've lived in a very small apartment, so I'm not a diva when it comes to that, but now that I've got a bigger space, I'm wondering how it will work. I guess I should focus on the difference in dollars I'll be saving rather than square feet!
It's been OK. I'm here with my gf, so it feels cramped from time to time, but for the most part it's been fine. If I was living by myself I'd have no complaints. The large (for NYC) eat-in kitchen, large windows in the living area, decent closet space, and small foyer area help. Definitely worth it given the cost, and we plan to move to a 1-br once we've been here for three years, so the fact that it is temporary also makes it easier to deal with. The biggest downside for now is that it is hard to have more than a couple people over if we want to entertain here.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM

483 posts, read 694,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
no, the apartments are numbered by floor and than a letter. The line is the letter. Im just curious which line is a 3.5 room with balcony.
I feel I should point out that the apartment layouts, even by letter, vary by whether one is in a "single core" or a "double core" building, and sometimes even floor by floor (colloquially I think folks have said that apartments 19-21 floors are different from the below floors, and may even be different from the floor above or beneath them):

https://www.pennsouth.coop/apartment...and-tours.html

The buildings with "A" and "B" next to the number, are (obviously) double-core (2, 3, 6, 7, 8). Numbered buildings without an "A" or "B" in the name, are single core (1, 4, 5, 9, and 10).

Old 05-30-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incog79 View Post
It's been OK. I'm here with my gf, so it feels cramped from time to time, but for the most part it's been fine. If I was living by myself I'd have no complaints. The large (for NYC) eat-in kitchen, large windows in the living area, decent closet space, and small foyer area help. Definitely worth it given the cost, and we plan to move to a 1-br once we've been here for three years, so the fact that it is temporary also makes it easier to deal with. The biggest downside for now is that it is hard to have more than a couple people over if we want to entertain here.
Thanks, Incog79. I hope there are more studio owners like you who want to move to a 1 bedroom so the waitlist moves a little faster! The waitlist shows that there is only one internal transfer waiting for a studio, so I guess more people want to get a bigger apartment than a smaller one.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskittytalks View Post
I feel I should point out that the apartment layouts, even by letter, vary by whether one is in a "single core" or a "double core" building, and sometimes even floor by floor (colloquially I think folks have said that apartments 19-21 floors are different from the below floors, and may even be different from the floor above or beneath them):

https://www.pennsouth.coop/apartment...and-tours.html

The buildings with "A" and "B" next to the number, are (obviously) double-core (2, 3, 6, 7, 8). Numbered buildings without an "A" or "B" in the name, are single core (1, 4, 5, 9, and 10).
Thanks, Misskittytalks. I printed out all the studio floorplans after I found out which apartment size I won the lottery for (I was eligible for a 1 bedroom too.) It looks like the "E" line is the smallest. But I will happily take it! I, too, plan to move to a one bedroom after three years, and it's been almost 4 years since the lottery, so the time has gone by quickly.

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2018, 06:51 PM

7,911 posts, read 7,959,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loso47 View Post
Has anyone from phase 2 been called to check out an apartment ? Also after the interview (non rejection) were you told they would send out “verification letters” to landlord , irs, bank and employer ?
If people have been called from Phase II it’s been quiet as a church mouse

Old 06-03-2018, 08:52 AM

7,911 posts, read 7,959,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlalaohlala View Post
Even if you have to give up a 1 bedroom at riverton square for a studio at Sky? I heard all the 1 bedroom from phase 1 are accounted for, only studio left.
Source?

Old 06-05-2018, 07:23 PM

188 posts, read 273,213 times
has anyone signed a lease y'all being real quiet on this one ?

Old 06-09-2018, 05:43 PM

10 posts, read 16,342 times
As an update, I was approved for a 1 bedroom. I went to view it with a few other “applicants”. We conducted the orientation in 12F which was a 1 bedroom apt that had holes in the wall, scuffed floors and had views UPS. They offered me that unit and I declined for several reasons. If anyone has any questions, you can send me a private message. I know that this process can cause so much anxiety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery