Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2020, 06:54 AM

94 posts, read 106,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kween2018 View Post
Hey y’all! I got a call today. I was asked if I have the funds ready.
yay!! OMG I hope this is good news for the rest of us. What floor are you on? You can message me privately if you don't want to say it. I don't think you're on the 2nd floor, right?

I'm in an air bnb in NJ right now until the apartment is ready. She told me that if I wanted to move in immediately, I could go to the 2nd floor. I'm currently assigned to the 4th floor and since I paid for this air bnb already I said i would wait a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautymeite View Post
Guess what just got my approval
Congratulations new neighbor! Let us all know if/when you get the call for viewing & move-in.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:14 PM

121 posts, read 89,248 times
When did you go to interview?

Old 02-07-2020, 10:02 PM

30 posts, read 26,787 times
Has anyone viewed a 3 bedroom. Does it have 2 bathrooms.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:33 PM

29 posts, read 42,020 times
I spoke to my interviewer today just for an update. It’s only been a month. I know this takes time. I’m
Non preference. All she said was they haven’t reached my number yet. They will contact me once they do to submit updated documents.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:33 AM

they are really taking their time with approvals and move-ins

Old 02-13-2020, 12:59 PM

30 posts, read 38,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG88 View Post
I spoke to my interviewer today just for an update. It’s only been a month. I know this takes time. I’m
Non preference. All she said was they haven’t reached my number yet. They will contact me once they do to submit updated documents.
Can you advise of your log#? I am trying to get a sense of where they are on their list. Thanks and good luck!!

Old 02-15-2020, 05:29 AM

264 posts, read 313,938 times
Well, I guess I was asked for more documents last week, for their waitlist. You guys have already been approved and some folks have already moved in. I am under the mobility set-aside which gets approved first, so that must mean that those apartments have already been filled. My anxiety has gotten worse since this process began for me in November with all this waiting...to know that I haven’t made it in is distressful. This hurts.

Old 02-17-2020, 12:53 PM

30 posts, read 26,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Well, I guess I was asked for more documents last week, for their waitlist. You guys have already been approved and some folks have already moved in. I am under the mobility set-aside which gets approved first, so that must mean that those apartments have already been filled. My anxiety has gotten worse since this process began for me in November with all this waiting...to know that I haven’t made it in is distressful. This hurts.
When they ask for updated documents that’s when they are working on ur file they should be sending it to hpd soon for an approval.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:03 AM

Yeah, how do you know it's for the wait list? I've been approved and was just asked for more documents (again for the 3rd or 4th time). They have only moved in people from the 2nd floor and are just about to start the 3rd floor move-ins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: