Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 06:23 AM

8 posts, read 10,715 times

Advertisements

So I received an email Friday the 13th stating I was rejected because "I did not respond to reach out" and I was ANGRY! I attended the scheduled interview on November 19th and handed in all my paper work and it was scanned in front of me! I immediately called Reside NY and all they told me was to appeal because apparently my name wasnt in the system...I then called HPD to let them know of the situation and luckily the person I spoke to was actually the project manager for 420 Kent. Im hoping to hear something by today or tomorrow. Most likely will go to reside in person to figure this out. My log number is 3xxx and I have ME. In my head I feel like my chance was taken away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 10:40 AM

515 posts, read 525,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewToThis90 View Post
So I received an email Friday the 13th stating I was rejected because "I did not respond to reach out" and I was ANGRY! I attended the scheduled interview on November 19th and handed in all my paper work and it was scanned in front of me! I immediately called Reside NY and all they told me was to appeal because apparently my name wasnt in the system...I then called HPD to let them know of the situation and luckily the person I spoke to was actually the project manager for 420 Kent. Im hoping to hear something by today or tomorrow. Most likely will go to reside in person to figure this out. My log number is 3xxx and I have ME. In my head I feel like my chance was taken away
Did they not have you sign on the pad after all your papers were scanned?

My interviewer had me sign a pad after she scanned all my paperwork saved everything along with that signature that I provided and she also printed it out for me and said to keep it, that it was proof that I showed up to the interview and submitted everything.

If they had you do that as well send that to them.
You don't remember who interviewed you?

But you definitely need to appeal. Don't give up yet.

Do you have any other preference besides ME?

Old 12-16-2019, 03:10 PM

8 posts, read 10,715 times
I remember signing a pad but I didn't receive a print out

I just have ME.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:

I just have ME.
Wow the fact that you signed and they are claiming you never showed up is crazy.
I really hope it was an honest mistake on their part and not something did purposely or because they don’t take these lotteries seriously.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:

I just have ME.
I just remembered that when signing in on the iPad that was there I received an email and a text saying I signed in for my appointment as well as my place in line and when I was about to be called.
If you have that it can also work in your favor.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:13 PM

73 posts, read 67,849 times
So glad to come and see you started this thread I’ve been search for days! Haha Does anyone have an idea of how long this process will be? Interested to know if anyone has preferences and log # estimates wondering if I have any chance at all. Also any idea on how many applicants period? Is there a way of knowing how many log #’s there are? My log is 5xxx and I have ME. Wishing everyone luck!!

Old 12-17-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Check you emails I believe I received a text and email the day of my interview. If you showed up and have that proof they will have no choice but to have you win that appeal and you’ll still be in the race. From what I’ve read do not give up!

Old 12-17-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygal365 View Post
So glad to come and see you started this thread I’ve been search for days! Haha Does anyone have an idea of how long this process will be? Interested to know if anyone has preferences and log # estimates wondering if I have any chance at all. Also any idea on how many applicants period? Is there a way of knowing how many log #’s there are? My log is 5xxx and I have ME. Wishing everyone luck!!
We used to have an older thread for 420 Kent but it was combined to that one big thread on here somewhere, so you’d have to dig in there for some more information on this lottery but it will be nearly impossible to find anything specific in that thread because so many different ones were combined.

Anyways my log number is 11,xxx my appointment was at the end of last month and I have CB preference. In the last thread there were people with log numbers up to 30,xxx that were reached out to for appointments. The day I went for my appointment for 420 Kent there were log numbers as low as 1xxx and as high as 16xxx while I was there.

Every lottery is different so no idea how long the process will take from start to finish and there’s absolutely no way of knowing how many people are ahead of you or have been called in the whole lottery unless the marketing agent tells you which they never do.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
We used to have an older thread for 420 Kent but it was combined to that one big thread on here somewhere, so you’d have to dig in there for some more information on this lottery but it will be nearly impossible to find anything specific in that thread because so many different ones were combined.

Anyways my log number is 11,xxx my appointment was at the end of last month and I have CB preference. In the last thread there were people with log numbers up to 30,xxx that were reached out to for appointments. The day I went for my appointment for 420 Kent there were log numbers as low as 1xxx and as high as 16xxx while I was there.

Every lottery is different so no idea how long the process will take from start to finish and there’s absolutely no way of knowing how many people are ahead of you or have been called in the whole lottery unless the marketing agent tells you which they never do.
Thank you for the response! I’m sure chances are 100% better with can preferance. I just went on the interview last week and I saw someone in the 1000’s and spoke to a lady with 32,000 #. Do you know how long interviews have been goin on? Also what they look for in credit? Any information is appreciated thank you again!

Old 12-17-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygal365 View Post
Thank you for the response! I’m sure chances are 100% better with can preferance. I just went on the interview last week and I saw someone in the 1000’s and spoke to a lady with 32,000 #. Do you know how long interviews have been goin on? Also what they look for in credit? Any information is appreciated thank you again!
Well from the last thread everyone in there including myself received an appointment email around the second week of November, and some people stated they interviewed as soon as the third week of November, so pretty positive interviews have been going on for only a few weeks now.

As for the credit check, you now have the option of either choosing a credit check or providing proof of 1 year worth of rent payments to your current landlord.

This is the link to the marketing handbook, it’s the holy grail for all housing lotteries, it states all the rules and process for this whole thing. I recommend everyone to really read it because it comes in handy when you understand this whole lottery process.
http://www.nychdc.com/content/pdf/De...ook%202018.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: