Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 12:44 PM

72 posts, read 89,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewToThis90 View Post
So I received an email Friday the 13th stating I was rejected because "I did not respond to reach out" and I was ANGRY! I attended the scheduled interview on November 19th and handed in all my paper work and it was scanned in front of me! I immediately called Reside NY and all they told me was to appeal because apparently my name wasnt in the system...I then called HPD to let them know of the situation and luckily the person I spoke to was actually the project manager for 420 Kent. Im hoping to hear something by today or tomorrow. Most likely will go to reside in person to figure this out. My log number is 3xxx and I have ME. In my head I feel like my chance was taken away
Same thing happened to me. After providing proof to HPD that the marketer did not make an attempt to contact me the appealed the rejection and I ended up getting the unit. It’s part of the game. Whenever you get reconnected to the marketer don’t be angry and just kill them with kindness. They have a lot of discretion in this process so it’s better to be friendly with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 02:18 PM

7 posts, read 6,406 times
Spoke to PM today they are processing CB this week and next week ...we should have some answers soon !

Old 01-14-2020, 10:11 PM

73 posts, read 67,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissylove View Post
Spoke to PM today they are processing CB this week and next week ...we should have some answers soon !
Thanks for the update appreaciate it!

Old 01-21-2020, 07:40 PM

87 posts, read 118,751 times
Anyone heard anything yet?

Old 01-23-2020, 08:36 AM

26 posts, read 24,109 times
I called hpd yesterday and the project manager told me he had just received the first batch of files from reside yesterday. So they have definitely started with some of the cb members.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:53 AM

515 posts, read 526,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kveras446 View Post
I called hpd yesterday and the project manager told me he had just received the first batch of files from reside yesterday. So they have definitely started with some of the cb members.
Set asides and disability preferences are processed first.
I am hoping that they now just started processing CB preference since the first batch has been submitted, if that is not the case and they did submit CB files then I expect to get waitlisted like always I thought that maybe with there being at least 30 units for CB a lot of us here might have a chance but I don't know now since no updates are being reported, gonna keep my fingers crossed.
Today marks the 8th week since my appointment and not a peep.
I haven't reached out to Reside to find anything out though.

Last edited by Mimilove; 01-23-2020 at 09:03 AM..

Old 01-23-2020, 11:00 AM

8 posts, read 4,623 times
Has anyone without CB/Disability preferences been contacted?
I'm Log#5 and still nothing.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Set asides and disability preferences are processed first.
I am hoping that they now just started processing CB preference since the first batch has been submitted, if that is not the case and they did submit CB files then I expect to get waitlisted like always I thought that maybe with there being at least 30 units for CB a lot of us here might have a chance but I don't know now since no updates are being reported, gonna keep my fingers crossed.
Today marks the 8th week since my appointment and not a peep.
I haven't reached out to Reside to find anything out though.
I first contacted him right before Christmas and he told me they were just doing the disabilities and stuff and would start after January with CB so it seems like he meant the first batch for CB was just sent to him today. Even though sometimes I feel like they might skit say something you want to hear so you stop calling (like myself) lol. How low is your log number and are you CB?

Old 01-23-2020, 02:24 PM

515 posts, read 526,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kveras446 View Post
I first contacted him right before Christmas and he told me they were just doing the disabilities and stuff and would start after January with CB so it seems like he meant the first batch for CB was just sent to him today. Even though sometimes I feel like they might skit say something you want to hear so you stop calling (like myself) lol. How low is your log number and are you CB?
11xxx CB. I think the lowest CB I saw on here was 2xxx but it looks like no one on here has be processed or they just never came back on here.

Crissy said last week that the project manager at reside just started processing CB, so maybe it's true. Since he got the first batch that could be the ones processed in December which were disability and set asides. So since he said CB would start after January then it makes sense.

I think most of us here were CB and the highest # went 30xxx so I really hope that's a good sign.

I really wish these lotteries had a public list that showed where we are in line to be processed.
If something like that existed then we would all be a lot less worried about this process.

Last edited by Mimilove; 01-23-2020 at 02:32 PM..

Old 01-23-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
11xxx CB. I think the lowest CB I saw on here was 2xxx but it looks like no one on here has be processed or they just never came back on here.

Crissy said last week that the project manager at reside just started processing CB, so maybe it's true. Since he got the first batch that could be the ones processed in December which were disability and set asides. So since he said CB would start after January then it makes sense.

I think most of us here were CB and the highest # went 30xxx so I really hope that's a good sign.

I really wish these lotteries had a public list that showed where we are in line to be processed.
If something like that existed then we would all be a lot less worried about this process.
Seriously!!!!! It's not even for me the 420 kent it's for my sister but I'm so hyped for her I act like it's me and I'm the one that calls and stuff like I'm her because I've been through the process before and she hasn't. She's CB and number 3,000 something. I will definitely get back on here when she gets a response.

It must be because 420 is such a large project with a lot of units because I've dealt with reside plenty of times in the past and actually just moved December 1 and they were the marketing agent and it lit took 3 weeks from interview to me signing my lease. Butttt all the interviews I've been to it's been for projects with no more than 10 units so that can be why it's much quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: