Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2021, 02:02 PM

430 posts, read 505,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
You really have no reason to be snipping at me. I didn't pee in your cornflakes.

Also, for what it's worth as per Mitchell Lama rules you only need be on the income affidavit one year to be considered a family member for internal transfer purposes. This one year period is waived for enlargement of family due to adoption or the birth of a child. So, if PS follows Mitchell Lama rules then you're both wrong.

"A tenant/cooperator on an internal transfer list, whose household composition so changes as to render him or her ineligible for the apartment size requested, shall be placed on the appropriate size apartment list as of the date when the change occurred or the date the original request is made, whichever is later; provided, however, that, except for enlargement of a household due to birth or adoption, the change to a larger household composition must have occurred at least one year prior to placement on the internal transfer list.

[...]

The tenant/cooperator must meet the occupancy standards for the size apartment requested at the time that he or she places his or her name on the internal transfer list and must have been in residence for a period of no less than one year before he or she may request a transfer to a larger apartment."
As a resident here (helping all of you help out here), I gave you our rules for internal transfers.

And so that everyone is on the same page: We do not follow Mitchell-Lama rules. We are not a Mitchell-Lama development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 03:30 PM

5,666 posts, read 2,607,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
As a resident here (helping all of you help out here), I gave you our rules for internal transfers.

And so that everyone is on the same page: We do not follow Mitchell-Lama rules. We are not a Mitchell-Lama development.
Repped

Old 05-07-2021, 03:12 PM

12 posts, read 18,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
There would be four people:

Me, my spouse, my father, and my aunt.
So if you are on the 1 br waiting list and you have 4 people in your family composition, you can still qualify for 1 bedroom when you get called? I thought 1 bedroom is a maximum occupancy of 3 people and studio is max occupancy of 2 people?

Dreamer: I know you wrote "minimum occupancy requirement". Just wanted to confirm because i thought i read somewhere "max allowed"

Old 05-08-2021, 04:47 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,683,641 times
Family composition is 2. In the future (like 10-15 years from now) I anticipate taking dad and aunt in, long after being in PS.

Old 05-08-2021, 07:33 PM

290 posts, read 275,043 times
Hi Shady, glad to see your posts. Have you been called for any MLs so far?

Old 05-08-2021, 07:52 PM

5,666 posts, read 2,607,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by village native View Post
Hi Shady, glad to see your posts. Have you been called for any MLs so far?
Maybe private message her so we can keep this about Penn South.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon007 View Post
So if you are on the 1 br waiting list and you have 4 people in your family composition, you can still qualify for 1 bedroom when you get called? I thought 1 bedroom is a maximum occupancy of 3 people and studio is max occupancy of 2 people?

Dreamer: I know you wrote "minimum occupancy requirement". Just wanted to confirm because i thought i read somewhere "max allowed"
confirming "minimum occupancy requirement" is the accurate language in the by-laws for internal transfers.

i think you're mis-remembering the language in the lottery ad. The ad said "occupancy standards" but no mention of maximum in regards to people in the apartment.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:28 AM

interesting tidbit for ya'll, another lender will be offering mortgages for PS apartments.

Penn South apartments will now be able to utilize the services of the Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB) to obtain a mortgage for up to 75% of the total price of an apartment. This New York City based non-profit helps create and support self-help housing. For more information about this organization, please visit their website: https://uhab.org

Old 05-12-2021, 11:30 AM

233 posts, read 403,119 times
FYI for people who are looking for financing - it looks like they are offering another option.

"... those on internal and external waiting lists for Penn South apartments will now be able to utilize the services of the Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB) to obtain a mortgage for up to 75% of the total price of an apartment. This New York City based non-profit helps create and support self-help housing. For more information about this organization, please visit their website: https://uhab.org."

Old 05-12-2021, 03:14 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,683,641 times
I am really glad to see this.

Last year in October I reached out to UHAB asking them if they worked with Penn South (back then, they didn't). It took some back and forth but I was able to convince them to try and get certified by Penn South and it looks like they did! Alexander at UHAB is extremely nice and easy to work with and told me last Thursday they just got approved... can't wait to use them for my mortgage if I don't manage to save up 100%. I feel good that I was able to help put in motion getting Penn South to work with another lender.

If anyone wants to see their loan document packet let me know and I will send it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery