Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 07:54 PM

430 posts, read 505,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyc19 View Post
I am wondering the same thing. I'm on the one-bedroom list now, but I was wondering if I could transfer to a larger unit after getting in if I were to take care of my elderly parents? Hoping someone from Penn South can shed insight into this process?
In your case, yes, into a 2-BR
The minimum occupancy requirements are as follows:
Studio apartments: one or two people.
One-bedroom apartments: one to three people.
Two bedroom apartments: no fewer than three people of any age, or a single parent with a child.
Three bedroom apartments: no fewer than four people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 08:51 PM

43 posts, read 74,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
In your case, yes, into a 2-BR
The minimum occupancy requirements are as follows:
Two bedroom apartments: no fewer than three people of any age, or a single parent with a child.
If jyc19 is the only one on the lease, the answer is no. He cannot add his parents into the lease.

As long as the tenant named on the lease remains in residence in a HCR supervised Mitchell-Lama development, additional occupants cannot be added to the lease.

Source: https://hcr.ny.gov/mitchell-lama-ten...%20the%20lease.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:11 PM

26 posts, read 45,087 times
list number is moving fast. I heard people get call to see the floor when they about 150 studio list number, is it true?

Old 04-29-2021, 01:25 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,683,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
No.
There are minimum occupancy requirements:

There would be four people:

Me, my spouse, my father, and my aunt.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:07 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holian View Post
If jyc19 is the only one on the lease, the answer is no. He cannot add his parents into the lease.

As long as the tenant named on the lease remains in residence in a HCR supervised Mitchell-Lama development, additional occupants cannot be added to the lease.

Source: https://hcr.ny.gov/mitchell-lama-ten...%20the%20lease.
Penn South is not a Mitchell Lama. Are you sure this rule applies?

Old 04-29-2021, 05:54 AM

269 posts, read 334,700 times
I have not heard about anyone >100 being called...but this forum is my only source. I'm <200 for a studio and I will def let you know when I hear anything.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:06 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times
Bcohen’s daughter, who was the most recent person called for a studio that I know about from this forum, was No. 19 on the list and had been selected in the 2014 lottery.

For the one bedroom list, MollieMay, whose number was 60 something, was called recently.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
There would be four people:

Me, my spouse, my father, and my aunt.
in that case, then you'll be eligible for a 3-BR

Old 04-29-2021, 07:48 AM

67 posts, read 94,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsouth01 View Post
list number is moving fast. I heard people get call to see the floor when they about 150 studio list number, is it true?
I did read that from the 2014 forum, but I think that was an exception. Most of the recent reports from people who were called, were called when they were much closer.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Penn South is not a Mitchell Lama. Are you sure this rule applies?
Indeed we do not follow Mitchell-Lama regs. We have our agreement with HUD and the City which outlines the bylaws and governance of the coop.

Only two individuals can be listed as co-owners on the shareholders agreement. If the second person is not an original listed co-owner, there is a set of criteria to follow before they can be added as a co-owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery