Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 12:18 AM

12 posts, read 13,469 times

Advertisements

My log is 7xxx and I live the area so hopefully I’ll get called
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 05:09 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,623,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkchilles View Post
My log is 7xxx and I live the area so hopefully I’ll get called
I hate to burst your bubble, but it won’t help to live in the area. There’s no community preference for this building. (It’s being phased out in general.)

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...entPdf/892.pdf

Old 03-28-2020, 01:16 PM

12 posts, read 13,469 times
Yes I know was seeing a lot of building that has Community preference by Essex street tho

Old 04-17-2020, 12:40 PM

85 posts, read 82,587 times
Has anyone received any updates?

Offered a unit?
Log# range they could possibly be on?
My log#48,xxx

Old 04-18-2020, 08:08 AM

61 posts, read 86,072 times
I got one email in March. I replied to schedule an in person interview. But that was before mandatory quarantine. I haven't heard back. I assume they may be shut down temporarily given the circumstances. I'm going to follow up this week.

My number is 4xx.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:30 AM

85 posts, read 82,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynQueen View Post
I got one email in March. I replied to schedule an in person interview. But that was before mandatory quarantine. I haven't heard back. I assume they may be shut down temporarily given the circumstances. I'm going to follow up this week.

My number is 4xx.
Oh okay . You have a low log# , better chance than I . Yea def shoot them an email , I am almost positive the office are closed but they should working from home , even if it is at a slower pace with responses. I’ve emailed other management companies that I have contact info for and some have responded back that they are working from home.
Best of luck!

Old 04-18-2020, 10:25 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,623,234 times
There’s also a brand-new L train entrance right in front of the building with an elevator.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:10 PM

15 posts, read 9,177 times
Quote:

My number is 4xx.
My log number is 7x and they rejected me at first because of the income. I submitted an appeal letter and got emails from them the appeal was approved and they asked me to schedule online interview via Microsoft Team two weeks ago but I was not available at that time so I asked them to postpone the interview to the following Monday.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:37 PM

61 posts, read 86,072 times
Good to know! Oh you have a great number under 100! I'm in the 4xx.

Question: With the new AMI being released in April, did that come in to question. Did the income requirement change?

TIA!

Old 05-04-2020, 09:48 AM

15 posts, read 9,177 times
Quote:
Good to know! Oh you have a great number under 100! I'm in the 4xx.

Question: With the new AMI being released in April, did that come in to question. Did the income requirement change?

TIA!
nah, I did not update my income info on Housing Connect so I used the one from last year which was a little less than the requirement.

The interview today was a basic information survey that just confirmed things on the application. The lady also told me the process would usually take four months ( would take little bit longer now). And they would continue once they can work in the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery